Silly to stockpile? every governor and mayor can effectively stop most sales now

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    bingo

This part bothers me. If "Lawmakers" pass a law that is found to be unconstitutional, why do we have to pay to question it. They should be barred for life from being a lawmaker. Im a bit tired of paying for both sides of the screw. That's just me.:sad20:

always from their side. If our side pass a law it is immediately put on hold or rescinded. Weird that way

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    This part bothers me. If "Lawmakers" pass a law that is found to be unconstitutional, why do we have to pay to question it. They should be barred for life from being a lawmaker. Im a bit tired of paying for both sides of the screw. That's just me.:sad20:

WWNC

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    You are confused. this is not in any way analogous to limiting gatherings but akin the government forbidding the press from criticizing actions of the government. What you are saying is it would be justified for Trump to shut down the NYT if they criticized his actions, since it is in the interest of the government that everyone cooperate!

And there are no "broad powers" to limit assembly to petition the government, that is about the most narrow power subject to the strictest scrutiny theri s.

it is 100% unconstitutional even during an emergency to say that you are limiting gatherings in order to limit the expression of the right to express dissent.
    No US governor, mayor or president can say: "I am limiting gatherings,, gathering size etc protest due to government interest in limiting dissent"

and no governor, Mayor, or President can say we are suspending mirandizing because we don't want people to understand their right to counsel.

Guess what? Maybe they "can't" say it, but they've already done it.

A hundred years ago.

Read all about Woody Wilson taking on the Press "for the good of the country":
    https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=243156

Of course, that was back in the day when the press was able to explore more than one side of an issue; less of a problem today, where the Progs and the media speak with one forked tongue.

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    When you consider that almost half of the voting population wants a nanny state on any given day, it doesn’t take much to tip the balance. Politicians are all about getting elected and getting re-elected. They do what they think we the people demand.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Actually , back in the Old Country , they had a different variation just for Treason , just ask William Wallace .

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    And for all of the mayors and governors who are seeking to close down gun shops as "non-essential"... I offer this bit of sage wisdom:

“A well-regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”

I don't often say this, but Illinois got it right.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    San Jose has an extremely wealthy tax base. I hope a civil action comes from this.
    In my experience wealthy liberals, and that is what San Jose has a lot of (72.7% Democrat, 20.6% Republican, and 6.7% Independent), want impediments to the hoi polloi.

Bohemian

Nov 7, 2009
    FYI
    firearms policy coalition has filed a law suit to stop the Gov State Level Gun Store Closures, Pennsylvania is the test case:
    FPC took swift legal action in CRDF, et al., v. Pennsylvania Governor Tom Wolf to stop the Governor's dangerous action of gun store closures...
    Like Gun Owners of America GunOwners.org
    FPC Supports The Unabridged Second Amendment
    https://www.firearmspolicy.org/legal

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom