• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    Here's the bean and rice shelves at my local Walmart. They usually have 25 pound bags of pinto beans and Jasmine rice on the bottom shelf,cheaper than Sam's Club too.

3abbbe47dfdf99d846302dd3608bae9b.jpg

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    If anyone is looking for hand sanitizer and can't find it local to them, the Abingdon Walmart has plenty of the big refill jugs.

Attachments

• 20200226_122103.jpg
      20200226_122103.jpg
      106.3 KB · Views: 314

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    https://www.lysol.com/healthy-home/understanding-coronavirus/

Does Lysol kill the Novel Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2)?

Specific Lysol products have demonstrated effectiveness against viruses similar to 2019 Novel Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) on hard, non-porous surfaces. In accordance with the EPA Viral Emerging Pathogen Policy, the following Lysol products can be used against 2019 Novel Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) when used in accordance with the directions for use.

• Lysol® Disinfectant Spray EPA #777-99
    • Lysol® Disinfectant Spray Max Cover Mist #777-127
    • Lysol® Multi-Surface Cleaner Pourable EPA #777-89
    • Lysol® Multi-Purpose Cleaner with Hydrogen Peroxide EPA #777-126
    • Lysol® Multi-Purpose Cleaner with Bleach EPA #777-83
    • Lysol® Power Bathroom Cleaner EPA #675-55
    • Lysol® Power Foam Bathroom Cleaner EPA #777-71
    • Lysol® Power Toilet Bowl Cleaner EPA #777-81
    • Lysol® Toilet Bowl Cleaner with Bleach EPA #777-102

Please refer to the CDC website at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/ for additional information.

This looks like those pop-up wipes are a no go?

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    A washcloth impregnated with rubbing (Isopropyl alcohol) in a tough sealable plastic bag is easy to carry and is your friend.

Isopropyl alcohol is cheap. I don't need no stinkin scented wipes.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Having the conversation of being stuck at home for a 30 to 45 day quarantine with the wife this AM. Started making a list of things we should stock up on and she reminded me that the dogs need to eat too. So a big bag of dog food ended up on the list even though we have plenty right now. So, think of the whole family's needs when shopping.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Having the conversation of being stuck at home for a 30 to 45 day quarantine with the wife this AM. Started making a list of things we should stock up on and she reminded me that the dogs need to eat too. So a big bag of dog food ended up on the list even though we have plenty right now. So, think of the whole family's needs when shopping.

A “big bag” of dog food lasts a week at our house... :-(

Yingpin

Ultimate Member
    May 31, 2013
    Kingsville, MD

Whats on the list? I got a little lax this year in prepping for the unknown .

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    I sold all my stocks late last week and early this week, and bought puts on SPCE.

So far, so good.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    If you are going to be quarantined for 30-45 days there are a lot of things around the home you'll need besides food. Toiletries, dish detergent, TP, paper towels, laundry detergent and dryer sheets, medications, ziploc bags, aluminum foil, cleaning supplies, garbage bags, pet food and supplies, etc.

monkey

B-A-N-A-N-A-S!
    Feb 20, 2012
    Monkey County
    I picked up some HVAC filters at Home Depot and replaced the one in my house. They still had plenty in all sizes and filter qualities. Hand sanitizer is still around everywhere, but I've noticed that there aren't as many on the shelves.

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    I'd say there is a 99.9% chance this is a Chinese bio-weapon. Given that, what are the chances they have a vaccine/antidote for it? I suspect the bio-weapon release was accidental but you'd think they would have some protocols for that sort of thing.

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    I'd say there is a 99.9% chance this is a Chinese bio-weapon. Given that, what are the chances they have a vaccine/antidote for it? I suspect the bio-weapon release was accidental but you'd think they would have some protocols for that sort of thing.

I know what you're thinking: "Is the virus natural or man-made?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being this is a novel coronavirus, the most powerful disease in weird asian food markets, and would blow your bowels clean out, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do you, punk?

At this point it doesn't really matter. If it is a Chinese bio-weapon they didn't roll the vaccine out for their own people so they won't do it for us. We've just got to wait for the world to develop one and do our best to stay sanitary and avoid it until then.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    A “big bag” of dog food lasts a week at our house... :-(

A week what type of dog you have a ankle bitter we go thru a bit over 2 50lb bags a week. And that is on top of the people food they get

I picked up some HVAC filters at Home Depot and replaced the one in my house. They still had plenty in all sizes and filter qualities. Hand sanitizer is still around everywhere, but I've noticed that there aren't as many on the shelves.

Tuesday we got 480 bottles of Purell for the office (180 people) . This morning none are in storage . People are using too much or took it home , I am going with the later

Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air

Based on what? Didn't fidelity post some scientific evidence saying that the chances of this being man made were quite small?

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    Based on what? Didn't fidelity post some scientific evidence saying that the chances of this being man made were quite small?

That's what I thought also, something about markers that should be present if it's man made or been tinkered with but they're not.

Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County
    My wife bought latex gloves and facemasks the other day. If that makes her sleep better at night, then go for it. At least I can use the gloves for gutting deer when all the fear mongering is over and I'll use the facemasks for changing my youngest's poop filled diapers. The smell would probably kill any virus!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom