• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    The Maryland Legislative Session starts this Wednesday, January 8, noon. That's THIS week!

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/mgawebsite/

EDIT: They've started scheduling bill hearings and appear to be using a divide and conquer strategy by scheduling house and senate gun bill hearings on the same day at the same time. Here is the hearings thread:

2020 Gun Bill Hearing Schedule

I know that we've all been watching Virginia. However, unconstitutional legislation that negatively affects us all in Maryland is being proposed once again. A 2020 bill thread is started here. Thanks, Mike!

My feeling today about all of this is "not one more millimeter". We've already lost so much.

I've set aside some additional time off this year to participate in our response to those who would disarm us. How about you? What's the plan?

Last edited:

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    I have time set aside too. I am trying to plan wisely as I recall what last year was like. I was not in attendance but I was tuned in online. Last year was a dry run for me. At least the online experience gave me an idea of what to expect. I am waiting for the bills to roll out.

knovotny

Feb 5, 2013
    Aberdeen, MD
    Tomorrow I am going to the House Judiciary Committee GOP Fundraiser Breakfast. I'm hoping they have some insight into how they expect this session to play out. It's tomorrow at Harry Browne's on State Circle tomorrow at 8 am.

After getting off at 1:30, going to be a rough day tomorrow.

I'm on nightshift for at least a couple more weeks, which gives me daytime to go fight the good fight. I'll probably be back on days for February, but I am in for whatever we need to do.

knovotny

Feb 5, 2013
    Aberdeen, MD
    Chatted with a lot of legislators this morning. Lawyers Mall is still closed, and now the sidewalk is also closed. There's a very narrow path to get from the House and Senate building to the State House.

Attachments

• IMG_20200107_084658166.jpg
      IMG_20200107_084658166.jpg
      43.6 KB · Views: 405
    • IMG_20200107_100740548_HDR.jpg
      IMG_20200107_100740548_HDR.jpg
      69.9 KB · Views: 437

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Updated the OP.

The leadership is already showing their hand, and it's not good. They are scheduling significant Senate and House gun-related bill hearings on the same day at the SAME time! It's time to call the House Judiciary Committee Chair and members and Senate Judicial Proceedings committee chair and members to request they reschedule.

House Judiciary has also noted on HB0004 (Long Gun Transfers) noted: "Oral testimony will be set at 90 seconds per person."

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Updated the OP.

The leadership is already showing their hand, and it's not good. They are scheduling significant Senate and House gun-related bill hearings on the same day at the SAME time! It's time to call the House Judiciary Committee Chair and members and Senate Judicial Proceedings committee chair and members to request they reschedule.

House Judiciary has also noted on HB0004 (Long Gun Transfers) noted: "Oral testimony will be set at 90 seconds per person."

These people are nothing but f’ing tyrants

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    If you all had not noticed, they are not waiting for gun bill days this year. The leadership apparently doesn't like having large groups of people keeping them up all night on one day in each chamber.

It's my hope that we can deprive them of sleep on EVERY day they decide to conduct a hearing on bills that would affect our natural right to self-defense.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    I think it's going to be interesting to see how this flash/thumb-drive system is going to work. The idea that they have a common machine (or machines) for people to stick removable media into just screams one word to me: infection!

I recommend to anyone submitting written testimony to throw away your removable media when you've finished. Who knew that going to provide written testimony at the Maryland General Assembly would be like going to the hospital? Sometimes it feels like that anyway, but now there is a chance to get that authentic hospital experience!

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    While I feel the new written testimony procedure silences those who would otherwise testify, they did make every attempt to be helpful to those of us who brought in our testimony on media. My eyes had a difficult time finding the hole to stick it in, so it became a group effort. Then it got stuck in the hole and wouldn't come out! I'm talking about my thumb-drive that is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom