• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

NatBoh

Ultimate Member
    Jan 4, 2012
    Baltimore
    Slyberman, could you post up the model/price of the camera that you would like to purchase? That way folks have an idea of how much money needs to be raised. I will gladly send a few bucks.

I would imagine that there will easily a couple hundred in donations, so in lieu of a fancier model, I would consider 2-3 of a cheaper model, so that we could to distribute them to multiple folks at our actions.

Also, there should be someone in charge of taking custody of the cameras. Maybe even make them a part of the sign pack out kit that goes to every action. These type of items tend to disappear, not so much through malice, but just getting lost in the shuffle.

DraKhen99

Professional Heckler
    Sep 30, 2013
    Slyberman, could you post up the model/price of the camera that you would like to purchase? That way folks have an idea of how much money needs to be raised. I will gladly send a few bucks.

I would imagine that there will easily a couple hundred in donations, so in lieu of a fancier model, I would consider 2-3 of a cheaper model, so that we could to distribute them to multiple folks at our actions.

Also, there should be someone in charge of taking custody of the cameras. Maybe even make them a part of the sign pack out kit that goes to every action. These type of items tend to disappear, not so much through malice, but just getting lost in the shuffle.

I like your thinking. Perhaps someone needs to buy/donate a Pelican case to the setup? You can get foam blocks and make cutouts for each camera and accessory so it's easy to tell if something is missing. If you want to get fancy, you could have a small dry-erase board and marker for who has which camera, too. That way, if they forget to turn it in, you can contact them after the event to retrieve it.

-John

marylandmark

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Go Pro Hero2 HD witu LCD BacPac

It's yours if I can get someone to haul it up from Charles County.

Attachments

• IMG_20180208_162918.jpg
      IMG_20180208_162918.jpg
      168.5 KB · Views: 378

hillbilly grandpa

Jan 26, 2013
    Arnold
    We Actually Elected These Guys

Below is a communication from Del. Saab's staff person, and my reply.

Good Afternoon George, I know you spoke with Delegate Saab about the Monday arrests. I wanted to forward on an email we received from MD Capital Police regarding the incident.

Sincerely,

Joy Hutter
    Community Liaison to Delegate Sid Saab
    6 Bladen St, Room 157
    Annapolis, Md. 21401
    W 410-841-3551
    F 410-841-3549

From: Michael Wilson -DGS- [mailto:michael.wilson@maryland.gov]
    Sent: Tuesday, February 6, 2018 12:02 PM
    To: Saab, Sid Delegate <Sid.Saab@house.state.md.us>
    Cc: Ellen Robertson -DGS- <ellen.robertson@maryland.gov>; Ellington Churchill <ellington.churchill@maryland.gov>; Nick Cavey -DGS- <nick.cavey1@maryland.gov>
    Subject: Re: 2A Arrests last night

Delegate Saab,

The Maryland Capitol Police are responsible for providing a safe working environment for state employees and visitors that frequent state properties, and to secure buildings that are located on state property.

The Maryland Capitol Police responded to a demonstration occurring without a permit, within the public right away of the sidewalk, at the intersection of Bladen Street and College Avenue. Out of a concern for public safety, and in an abundance of caution due to two pedestrians being being stuck by vehicles in the last year, and nearly a half dozen reported pedestrians complaints concerning vehicle failing to yield to pedestrians in the crosswalk, the demonstrating group was asked to relocate to Lawyers Mall

After three (3) request to move their location to allow for pedestrians to freely use the sidewalk, crosswalks and to reduce conditions for distracted vehicle operators approaching the intersection, two individuals declined and were subsequently arrested for Criminal Law Article 10-201 Disorderly Conduct, Disturbance or the Public Peace, Nuisances.

Please call or email if you have any further questions. Our public information officer is Nick Cavey and he can also be reached in his Baltimore office at 410-767-4958.

In reply: Thank you for your response containing a polished statement from MCP containing multiple obfuscations and attempts a dissembling communication. For example, please note that according to MCP’s own published rules and guidelines a group must have a permit to assemble on Lawyers Mall. An application and subsequent process, including a walk through of the event requires a minimum of two business days prior notice; a 15 business day prior filing is preferred and requested. We had no such permit Monday evening because we had no plans to be on the Mall. By ordering us to the Mall the officer was ordering us to take an illegal action.

Delegate Saab has been sold a bill of goods. If he chooses to conclude his investigation at receipt of the communication from MCP then I will note this during the next election cycle. If, on the other hand, he wishes to benefit from a first hand account of a constituent who was actually there I will be happy to take his call. Violation of the civil rights of Maryland citizens under the color of law is a matter of no small consequence.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    yup

Receiving line sounds like a great idea. That will insure we all keep moving. :) Cheers, Fred

the line will looks something like this: Welcome.. schwak!. welcome.. schwak!!!

Attachments

• spank line.jpg
      spank line.jpg
      65.4 KB · Views: 411

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    It amazes me how badly they were blocking the sidewalk that in the video a passerby with a 4'x4' placard walked right past them without ever so much as stepping to the side or stepping off the sidewalk to get by WHILE they were being detained. So tell us again how they were blocking the sidewalk................

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I can’t wait until they declare my walking on the sidewalk Monday evening an unlawful assembly. I hope they broadcast the declaration from the helicopter and not just a bullhorn.

slybarman

low speed high drag 9-5er
    Feb 10, 2013

Will do. I guess the biggest question in my mind is how important is it that the camera be able to offload the video to another device like a phone? If that is not an issue, then there are plenty of cheaper options to choose from like the mobius or lower end GoPros.

If that is an issue, then something like a GoPro 5 or 6 at $400/per might be the only thing that fits the need. The mobius is about $100/per.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Below is a communication from Del. Saab's staff person, and my reply.

Good Afternoon George, I know you spoke with Delegate Saab about the Monday arrests. I wanted to forward on an email we received from MD Capital Police regarding the incident.

Sincerely,

Joy Hutter
    Community Liaison to Delegate Sid Saab
    6 Bladen St, Room 157
    Annapolis, Md. 21401
    W 410-841-3551
    F 410-841-3549

From: Michael Wilson -DGS- [mailto:michael.wilson@maryland.gov]
    Sent: Tuesday, February 6, 2018 12:02 PM
    To: Saab, Sid Delegate <Sid.Saab@house.state.md.us>
    Cc: Ellen Robertson -DGS- <ellen.robertson@maryland.gov>; Ellington Churchill <ellington.churchill@maryland.gov>; Nick Cavey -DGS- <nick.cavey1@maryland.gov>
    Subject: Re: 2A Arrests last night

Delegate Saab,

The Maryland Capitol Police are responsible for providing a safe working environment for state employees and visitors that frequent state properties, and to secure buildings that are located on state property.

The Maryland Capitol Police responded to a demonstration occurring without a permit, within the public right away of the sidewalk, at the intersection of Bladen Street and College Avenue. Out of a concern for public safety, and in an abundance of caution due to two pedestrians being being stuck by vehicles in the last year, and nearly a half dozen reported pedestrians complaints concerning vehicle failing to yield to pedestrians in the crosswalk, the demonstrating group was asked to relocate to Lawyers Mall

After three (3) request to move their location to allow for pedestrians to freely use the sidewalk, crosswalks and to reduce conditions for distracted vehicle operators approaching the intersection, two individuals declined and were subsequently arrested for Criminal Law Article 10-201 Disorderly Conduct, Disturbance or the Public Peace, Nuisances.

Please call or email if you have any further questions. Our public information officer is Nick Cavey and he can also be reached in his Baltimore office at 410-767-4958.

In reply: Thank you for your response containing a polished statement from MCP containing multiple obfuscations and attempts a dissembling communication. For example, please note that according to MCP’s own published rules and guidelines a group must have a permit to assemble on Lawyers Mall. An application and subsequent process, including a walk through of the event requires a minimum of two business days prior notice; a 15 business day prior filing is preferred and requested. We had no such permit Monday evening because we had no plans to be on the Mall. By ordering us to the Mall the officer was ordering us to take an illegal action.

Delegate Saab has been sold a bill of goods. If he chooses to conclude his investigation at receipt of the communication from MCP then I will note this during the next election cycle. If, on the other hand, he wishes to benefit from a first hand account of a constituent who was actually there I will be happy to take his call. Violation of the civil rights of Maryland citizens under the color of law is a matter of no small consequence.
    A crock of sh1t smells worse every time it's sent around.

BS and lies don't get better over time.

Funny thing here is the video EVIDENCE will be the final arbiter of truth.

Somebody is lying. I know who......wait for it.....cause I watched the video.

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    I like your thinking. Perhaps someone needs to buy/donate a Pelican case to the setup? You can get foam blocks and make cutouts for each camera and accessory so it's easy to tell if something is missing. If you want to get fancy, you could have a small dry-erase board and marker for who has which camera, too. That way, if they forget to turn it in, you can contact them after the event to retrieve it.

-John

I have a couple pelican style cases i'll donate!!

slybarman

low speed high drag 9-5er
    Feb 10, 2013
    Did you see Marks post about the free GoPro???

I did. Thank you. That will be a great addition.

I think I am leaning toward two GoPro session 5 cameras at $199 each and two head straps for $20 each.

That would bring the total to $440ish plus tax.

Those cameras have the wifi build in if they want to use that to connect to the phone app.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/gopro-hero5-session-4k-action-camera-black/5579152.p?skuId=5579152

The bang-for the-buck of mobius is great , but the GoPro seems like the iphone/Glock of action cameras and more people will know how to use it without a lot of reading and there are more accessories, etc.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I have a couple pelican style cases i'll donate!!

This is one of many reasons I love this forum , a call goes out for a need and people start to step up .

I would believe someone is sorry they pushed us in a corner .

I also would like to Thank the new guest we have here and I hope you take time to review the footage of the two arrest .

It was wrong it was illegal and morally bankrupt . Wake up folks we have rights for a reason if we did not the next step would be for them to break out the tanks and run us over .

That may be one of their choices ...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom