• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Garet Jax

Not ignored by gamer_jim
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2011
    Bel Air
    Given that he is 80 years old, would he ever resign now to give Trump a chance to replace him with someone younger? Right now the left has 2/3 oldest justices and if Trump can get 8 years of Presidency, then he a good chance of replacing Breyer and/or Ginsburg.

If he is able to also replace Kennedy, then we could establish SCJ for the next generation.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Not to be a smart a$$, but given the age if these folks, Trump might be replacing them at any point.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    It was mentioned once before by Mr. Trump that he may look at a middle-of-the-road judge next time around, but this time around will be Scalia-ish.

He may replace Conservative for Conservative. Liberal for Liberal.

Not fond of that scenario, but his call.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    It was mentioned once before by Mr. Trump that he may look at a middle-of-the-road judge next time around, but this time around will be Scalia-ish.

he has got to be nuts if that's how he does it. that would be a liberal wet dream. I personally think he wouldn't do it that way but if he did, his own party would chastise him for it.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD

Strike while the iron's hot! Miss out and the brand may not as clear as it should be.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    he has got to be nuts if that's how he does it. that would be a liberal wet dream. I personally think he wouldn't do it that way but if he did, his own party would chastise him for it.

I couldn't agree more.

If there was a way to identify a Republican at conception, they should be nominated to SCOTUS while in the embryonic stage.

Then we'd have a Conservative Judge until at least 2097.

GodOfVice

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Kennedy was a flop of an appointment, hopefully Ginsberg will be hit by sunlight, Kennedy retires, Kagen and Sotomayor give each other a social disease and McConnel nukes all into orbit. (thanks Crazy Harry) STACK IT while the stacking is good!

Mr H

Banana'd

That would be the political pressure move.

My dream scenario would be to bump up the Senate numbers, and replace Conservative with Conservative. Liberal with Moderate.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    yes, exercise the nuclear option and fill the court with as many originalists like Scalia as he can.

There is no working across the aisle with these comitted leftist.

They must be utterly defeated, and dumped on the ash heap of history

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    Given that he is 80 years old, would he ever resign now to give Trump a chance to replace him with someone younger? Right now the left has 2/3 oldest justices and if Trump can get 8 years of Presidency, then he a good chance of replacing Breyer and/or Ginsburg.

If he is able to also replace Kennedy, then we could establish SCJ for the next generation.

The size of the supreme court is not limited in the constitution. A president Keity Ellison with a willing senate leader Al Franken can expand the court to 13 justices and render the conservatives harmless.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    FDR tried that.

and failed I assume?

maybe Kennedy will inform trump he is retiring soon.

it would be great if at a min he got to replace kennedy and Ginsberg in addition to scalia, although I will certainly miss him on the court.

I remember when the liberals were trying to pressure Ginsberg into retiring, now they are probably begging her to hold on for dear life...

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    That would be the political pressure move.

My dream scenario would be to bump up the Senate numbers, and replace Conservative with Conservative. Liberal with Moderate.

Why? A Republican replacing any judge with anyone but a conservative is lunacy.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County

Rumors from those around Kennedy indicate that he's planning to retire, perhaps announcing this summer. It's also been said that he might be influenced on how the Gorsuch nomination goes, and whether Gorsuch makes it through without the need to go nuclear. Kennedy has an ego, and wants to preserve some of his rulings where he sided with the court liberals. If the nuclear option gets exercised, it's almost certain that if Kennedy retired, Trump would put up whomever he/Sessions/etc wants, which could be Pryor, whose judicial leanings are quite different from Kennedy. This might cause Kennedy to delay. Thus I hope Gorsuch gets through after some hearings, but with support of 60 Senators, and there is no need to go nuclear at this point.

I would love to see a Hardiman (a gun rights champion) nomination for Kennedy's seat, should he step down. Kennedy might even like Hardiman's hard scrabble background, from a Catholic family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom