• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Striknine

Jan 19, 2013
    Thought I’d share a little Yugo M57 bling with you folks. Picked ithis one up on C&R for a great price and it doesn’t appear to have been used very often. The slide was fairly tight and it cleaned up nice after the cosmoline removal. Looking forward to shooting it. Anyone else have a chrome version?

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I'm always annoyed to find a nice old C&R WWII bringback that's been chromed, but I have to admit the OP M57 looks very attractive in its new coat. It's not like these things are going to be scarce, pricey collectibles, so why not go for the bling?

Jul 1, 2012
    Well, "ceremonial finish" is what Classic claims, who knows....
    I would throw the BS flag because of the import mark being under the plating (at least it appears to be in the first post and in the Classic pics).
    Looks very well done and clean though.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Classic outdoes themselves
    After finding that old link they send me an email inviting me to buy one at $299

Those import marks are laser engraved and the safety is blued so I think they were chromed overseas before the safety was put on. Either that or it was all part of the ruse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Curious about the real story on these. Only skeptical because its Classic. If everyone looked like that one Id buy three. Chrome or not a pair of those would look awesome one on each hip.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    It must be the very exclusive Saddam Hussein dictator design special pimp-a-licious edition.

I would love to have one.

I actually sort of like it. Not for everyday but just warry that Classic got a bunch of subprime guns and decided to "chrome" them to bring them to market.

You cant trust them.

Jul 1, 2012
    I actually sort of like it. Not for everyday but just warry that Classic got a bunch of subprime guns and decided to "chrome" them to bring them to market.

You cant trust them.

Yeah, I'd lean toward that last statement....

I hadn't thought about the first one but it makes sense that rather than waste cosmetically-challenged/compromised guns, they went ahead and blinged them out.

I wouldn't mind having one if I could be sure it looked as nice as the OP pistol and was hard-chrome plated.

But I'd hold no illusions that it was an original finish, special ceremonial piece, for a number of reasons.

BTW - the PW ARMS slide markings on the blued M57's are mechanically engraved/punched, probably with some sort of (sloppy) pantograph machine, not laser-engraved... unless it's the world's crappiest laser.
    Since the same font, format and inconsistencies are seen on the PW Arms-marked plated guns one could reasonably assume the same method was used for them as well.
    That type of application would by definition cut through the plating, leaving a rough surface and flaking.

Marking on a blued slide:

Attachments

• 23b.jpg
      23b.jpg
      30 KB · Views: 110

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04