• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Some Guy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 26, 2017
    How few Americans are aware of the governments position on Self defense when it comes down to it?

If the gun grabbing women actually sat and read through what I just posted and/or did their own research on the topic, would they have the same want to take your guns from you?

How would gun grabbers feel if it were their mothers, daughters and wives in that house?

Would they want their family member to be armed or unarmed?

I look at it like this

armed is the ability to increase your odds of maintaining your liberty, safety, interject any word you want
    unarmed is your choice to be at the mercy of an abuser (hopefully, they don't want more than you are willing to give)
    You're exactly right. If people from Moms Demand Action and similar groups actually read cases like this, or were aware of examples of defensive firearm use that prevented violent crimes like rapes and murders it would be an entirely different debate. That Warren case is a heart breaker. Those poor women were destroyed by the criminals, and it was a completely unnecessary outcome for them. Very, very sad.

shmuel2004

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 1, 2016
    Pikesville, MD
    Baltimore police civilian monitor just submitted a report saying that the dept is so broken and corrupt it will take years to fix. I take that with a grain of salt, but it's still pretty scary.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    at least the government puts things in place like: The Baltimore Gun Task force.
    (google Baltimore Gun Task force if you don't know)

Tax money well spent and I feel safer for having those guys around.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    If our legislators want to actually do something about murders and violent crime in Maryland, they should probably start by improving the criminal justice system to ensure those arrested and convicted for violent felonies are kept away from the population.

It's obvious that doing something about murder and violent crime is not a priority for legislators. Nor do they wish to keep violent predators away from the rest of the population.

Let me explain the situation.

A regular stream of criminals through Baltimore's courts provides many benefits. Prosecutors, defense lawyers and judges require a constant stream of criminals, who provide a constant stream of income for these groups.

Secondarily, this re-routes illegal drug profits into the pockets of the above groups, putting it back into the community, so to speak.

Legislators are mostly lawyers, so they understand (and many of them also profit from) the current system, and will ensure that it continues.

Beyond that, high crime generates fear in the (voting) population. This permits those who run for office the opportunity to latch onto the issue, and promise to be hard on crime. Then they pass more laws, all of which are ignored by the criminal classes, so as to keep the above system stable.

The fear is re-directed from the perpetrators (criminal violence) to the tool (gun violence) so that laws can be passed which address the new fears. Needless to say, these laws have no effect on the problem.

The populace is spoon-fed false information through the media, which thrives on bad news, and therefore supports those progressives who do so much to keep the game running. If it bleeds, it leads, and it keeps the fear alive.

As ever in human affairs, money and power are the driving factors, but are kept in the background. No one in power wants to derail the gravy train.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    ^^^ are you telling me the media pushes agendas?

Here is something someone sent to me a while ago. Pretty interesting:

watch this...its from 2011...before trump was president...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=za_Tmt9rSGI

then watch this msnbc news report where they cover up the date and show the same video and blame it on trump. it was from 2011 before trump was president. But it is a current MSNBC video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaIdqwTonZ8

then watch again...its like cut and paste news stories. the bottles destroyed in the news clip were from back in 2011 but they still talk about trump just to post a story. just pointing out how crazy bias and fact twisting the news actually is.

Some Guy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 26, 2017
    It's obvious that doing something about murder and violent crime is not a priority for legislators. Nor do they wish to keep violent predators away from the rest of the population.

Let me explain the situation.

A regular stream of criminals through Baltimore's courts provides many benefits. Prosecutors, defense lawyers and judges require a constant stream of criminals, who provide a constant stream of income for these groups.

Secondarily, this re-routes illegal drug profits into the pockets of the above groups, putting it back into the community, so to speak.

Legislators are mostly lawyers, so they understand (and many of them also profit from) the current system, and will ensure that it continues.

Beyond that, high crime generates fear in the (voting) population. This permits those who run for office the opportunity to latch onto the issue, and promise to be hard on crime. Then they pass more laws, all of which are ignored by the criminal classes, so as to keep the above system stable.

The fear is re-directed from the perpetrators (criminal violence) to the tool (gun violence) so that laws can be passed which address the new fears. Needless to say, these laws have no effect on the problem.

The populace is spoon-fed false information through the media, which thrives on bad news, and therefore supports those progressives who do so much to keep the game running. If it bleeds, it leads, and it keeps the fear alive.

As ever in human affairs, money and power are the driving factors, but are kept in the background. No one in power wants to derail the gravy train.

This reminds me of another country in which I spent time some years ago. Gasoline/diesel was rationed to the public, and each person with a registered vehicle (had to bribe to get the vehicle registered...) was given a ration booklet in which they had paper coupons that would enable them to get fuel on specific days of the week and in specific quantities. The quantities allowed were never sufficient. Government officials (of course) overseeing this regulatory environment had access to whatever fuel they wanted via the coupon booklet scheme. So they would sell coupon books to people who owned cars so they could get sufficient fuel, or they would sell the coupons to people who would buy fuel, then bottle it in water bottles and sell it on the side of the road. This was all done openly and in public view. One would see people selling fuel (bottles of fuel on a table) while standing next to a uniformed police or military officer. This system continued because the officials in charge had no incentive to change it. They received money from people who had cars and from the people who sold the black market fuel. The officials were able to openly corrupt the coupon system and get a lot of money from their corruption.

I honestly hope that ISN'T what's going on in Maryland. Fundamentally, you are correct. The state/county/city prosecutors, judges and defense attorneys are getting revenue from this. And at least some of the fees that defense attorneys charge are coming from illicit activities.

Anyway, there's a perverse incentive by justice system participants to resist change. I don't know if anyone in the justice system thinks like this, or takes actions to preserve the status quo. I hope they don't.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    OTOH, if they set the Mordita at half or less the lawyer expenses to run thru the last 2 of the 4 steps ...

Some Guy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 26, 2017
    My God I hope there isn't much of the mordida business going on in the judicial system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom