Go Back   Maryland Shooters > General > Industry Partners > Ranges and Clubs > Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc. (AGC)

Notices

Old October 17th, 2018, 05:56 PM   #11
danb
nope nope nope nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendigo View Post
Clubs pay dues to the association. Clubs recruit new members. Clubs “sell” badges. Clubs exist independent of the range/association. You don’t have to buy a range badge to be a member of any of the clubs that use the range. You only have to have a range badge if you want to use the range on your own. Most people attending club events already have range badges, but for some people it doesn’t make sense to spend $200 for a range badge that they aren’t going to use more than once or twice a year. If a club member decides to forego buying a range badge, due to either lack of time or financial restraints, they should still be able to attend their club’s events “FOR FREE” even though “ITS NOT FAIR”.
Its not only "not fair," maintaining the range costs actual money, which gets averaged over only the people who pay. So effectively people are free riding and the rest pay more. It's a welfare entitlement for gun owners, lol.
danb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2018, 08:03 PM   #12
dist1646

Unless I am mistaken, club members are only allowed to use the range once per year, per discipline, for qualification purposes only. That is the way it was back when I used to be on the board of trustees. No free ride just for belonging to a club.

I am afraid this new proposed policy is just another money grab as it does seem to open events to non members.
dist1646 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2018, 04:51 PM   #13
MtW_Pres

Quote:
Originally Posted by dist1646 View Post
Unless I am mistaken, club members are only allowed to use the range once per year, per discipline, for qualification purposes only. That is the way it was back when I used to be on the board of trustees. No free ride just for belonging to a club.

I am afraid this new proposed policy is just another money grab as it does seem to open events to non members.
The single use per discipline was an unwritten policy at the AGC for many years. I don't know if it still applies as an unwritten policy or not.

Mt. Washington does not require members to purchase an AGC Range Badge as a condition of membership. We have many members who are living out of state, or who don't shoot anymore, but maintain membership simply to support the Club.

We do require members to purchase a range badge if they wish to shoot at the AGC. The only exception is when we are shooting on the trap range when the trap range is open to the general public. In which case, the member must pay the same fee per round as the general public pays.

Operating a range the size of the AGC costs money and there are no free rides.

That being said, the new policy seems to be a "federal style bureaucratic solution" in search of a problem. No justification for the proposed policy has been offered. Demanding names and signatures on a written form is more than likely counterproductive.

Mt. Washington will not provide AGC with lists of members attending meetings. Non-members are permitted to attend Club meetings by invitation only, and/or at the pleasure of the Club officers.
MtW_Pres is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > General > Industry Partners > Ranges and Clubs > Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc. (AGC)