• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

172pilot

Aug 28, 2010
    Where are you finding that? I have a few sights that usually have the info before anyone and nothing is mentioned.

"After Noon today" just means "Not BEFORE noon today.." March of 2025 is also "after noon today" :-)

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    We need Kennedy's seat and one other because I wouldn't bet that Thomas (who is probably the most solid 2A vote remaining) necessarily lives longer or much longer than Ginsburg. Despite her health issues, Ginsburg will definitely try to wait until 2020 when there's a chance that the WH will flip.

I don't even view Roberts as much more pro-2A than Kennedy, and Alito has statist tendencies. But both Roberts and Alito will likely continue for at least a decade more.

Thus in addition to a Kennedy replacement, we need to get someone in when Thomas or Ginsburg steps down - meaning Trump needs to nominate 2 more Supreme Court justices - otherwise there's a very good chance of being in the minority after 2020.

Knowing Chuck Schumer, he's going to try to schmooze Trump into going for a moderate nominee for the Kennedy replacement (when Kennedy officially announces).

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Think Schumer would have schmoozed for having a "conservative" to replace Scalia if Hildabeast had won?:lol2:

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    Really the timeline is less than that. There a real risk of losing the senate in the midterms, Schumer will definitely do the same thing McConnell did and stall the vacant seat until after the presidential election. Yes even if it remains vacant for 2 years.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    Really the timeline is less than that. There a real risk of losing the senate in the midterms, Schumer will definitely do the same thing McConnell did and stall the vacant seat until after the presidential election. Yes even if it remains vacant for 2 years.

exactly, which is why if Kennedy decides to retire, I hope he understands the importance of the time constraints at hand.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    exactly, which is why if Kennedy decides to retire, I hope he understands the importance of the time constraints at hand.

I thought in the past he has expressed wanting to retire with a GOP president. Late June would be a good time.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I thought in the past he has expressed wanting to retire with a GOP president. Late June would be a good time.
    I think he's become more liberal over time. He might try to wait until Trump's 4th year. It becomes an election issue then too.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    I think he's become more liberal over time. He might try to wait until Trump's 4th year. It becomes an election issue then too.

This was fairly recent, certainly well after he had already made several decisions which went liberal.

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County

RBG could die. Then it would be back to an odd number of justices.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I heard some time ago that the SC session lasts until June 25th. I don't know if that the last day they can decide on a case or the last day they hear a case. So it would appear that he would probably retire after June 25th.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom