• boardboy330

Resident Secret Squirrel
    Mar 18, 2008
    Dang...that is a big watch lol

circleshooter

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2009
    Baltimore County
    Was able to pull this pic off the web. Good comparison pic of the Sumo and classic 007.

IMG_5359_resize.jpg

Dang, that Sumo is just way too big. But...if you encrusted the bezel with fake diamonds it would be perfect for the rapper who likes scuba diving. :innocent0

circleshooter

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2009
    Baltimore County
    I'll check it out...but I hope it's not like an Omega LOL. An ex girlfriend bought me this: http://www.amazon.com/Omega-213-30-...no-Diver/dp/B001LYA4NM/ref=pd_sxp_grid_pt_1_2 and it was in the shop within the first 6 months of light use. I sold it for a Breitling. I will check out the Sumo though.

I've owned a couple of Omega watches. Oh, side note: I like to pronounce it the James Bond way....Oh-mee-gah. :D

I didn't care for the Planet Ocean. Just never sat on my wrist right for some reason. But other than that, I thought the quality was superb.

P7.jpg

I also owned an Omega Seamaster GMT with the white face. It's the only watch I wish I still had. It was stunning and they no longer make it. It was one of the watches I sold to pay for the Rolex - which I couldn't wait to get rid of a year later. Big mistake. Sigh...

MorningCoffee.jpg

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Circle, my nephew has the 007 Omega, had it about 4 years now, pretty nice piece, basically a black (limited addition) Seamaster.

I don't have an EDC, I used to really like titanium Fossil watches, but the bands are so chincy, I lost my last watch (broken band) and gave up...

Here's my safe queen, I wear it about once a week, had it just under 2 years now:

In it's natural habitat, Lucea, Jamaica, (outside Negril):
    2140.jpg

And in the winder, where it spends most of it's days:

6312.jpg

Les Gawlik

Ultimate Member
    Apr 2, 2009
    Reminds me about the difference between the monkey and the pilot. The pilot's watch is bigger, but the monkey can tell time.

rglrguy

Dec 15, 2010
    Harford
    I have been wearing the Suunto X-Lander for the last 2ish years. It is a ruggedized version of their Vector (Uses aluminum and carbon fiber instead of the plastic on the Vector and has a much harder clear face cover). I work in a hands on environment and I've never had an issue with it. The bezel is scratched up but the face is still in great condition.

I also like having the Altitude, Barometric Pressure, Compass features for when I'm backpacking.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Looking at phones for time most times require accessing them and can be intrusive. Also depending on the environment cell phones are not allowed when watches are.

At its core, the wristwatch is the only jewelry type accessory men really wear (straight men). I am always on the lookout for nice time pieces and can usually spot one from 15-20 feet.

Yes, a phone does keep time, but, a watch is far cooler to look at. ;)

circleshooter

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2009
    Baltimore County
    At its core, the wristwatch is the only jewelry type accessory men really wear (straight men). I am always on the lookout for nice time pieces and can usually spot one from 15-20 feet.

Yes, a phone does keep time, but, a watch is far cooler to look at. ;)

A analog watch creates a picture of time. :thumbsup:

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    question...what's the best watch that does stuff for not alot(sub $300). I'm form<function. It would be neat to have a watch with a useable compass, altimeter, thermometer and so on. Any good watches with these gizmos built in that aren't huge and don't cost a ton?

this looks nifty
    http://www.backwoods.com/suunto-cor...=&adtype=pla&gclid=CK7twZLj47ICFcid4AodhCMAVQ

this doesn't look nifty but does a lot of stuff.
    http://www.cabelas.com/mens-watches-casio-pathfinder-triple-sensor-digital-watch-2.shtml?WT.tsrc=CSE&WT.mc_id=GoogleProductAds&WT.z_mc_id1=03453026&rid=40&mr:trackingCode=DD9AE2E0-DCC0-E111-8DC4-001B21631C34&mr:referralID=NA&mr:adType=pla&mr:filter=43600811351&mr:keyword={keyword}&mr:ad=19135901951&mr:match={matchtype}

this protrek looks the niftiest...
    http://www.backcountry.com/casio-protrek-prw2500b-3-altimeter-watch

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Out of those two I like the Casio. If you didn't require altitude, I'd recommend a G-shock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom