• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Invicta

Sep 16, 2018
    The measure would need to pass by at least 60 percent.

A Florida Atlantic University poll conducted in the weeks after the Parkland shooting found 69 percent of Floridians in support of a ban of assault-style rifles.

'in the weeks after the Parkland shooting'. I wonder how many of them feel the same way now? I would suspect less.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Perhaps folks shouldnt depend on states that have become refuges for Northeast liberals to protect their gun rights. Just look where folks fleeing these heavy regulatory, heavy tax, horrible gun law states to, and don't move there. Florida, Colorado, Texas, they'll all be overrun in a decade with the current demographic displacement trend.

I remember seeing bumper stickers in CO, MT and WY:

Turn around; Don’t CaliFornicate Our State!

Geez, come to think of it, that was like 20 years ago in CO (and look at the poor bastards now ...)

yakfish

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 27, 2017
    Voting with your feet is failing as a strategy.

I got banned here for saying that. And for saying Hogan would sell us out.

I was member here since 2008. Thousands of posts. Lifetime ban for what turned out to be a totally accurate prediction.

I stayed away about five years. M’eh, I reregistered again a couple years ago because it’s still the best site for keeping tabs on the MGA, and it didn’t make sense to be locked out of that resource just because some Mod was butthurt about my accurate predictions about Hogan.

I take no joy in being right about what I said would happen.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I got banned here for saying that. And for saying Hogan would sell us out.

I was member here since 2008. Thousands of posts. Lifetime ban for what turned out to be a totally accurate prediction.

I stayed away about five years. M’eh, I reregistered again a couple years ago because it’s still the best site for keeping tabs on the MGA, and it didn’t make sense to be locked out of that resource just because some Mod was butthurt about my accurate predictions about Hogan.

I take no joy in being right about what I said would happen.
    ^^^^^
    Lol, is this satire? Not the Hogan prediction, but the rest.

e711b889fc5b217bc7954944310eba7f.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Robert2888

Nov 5, 2013
    Westmoreland,VA
    The left is inundating all the red states like Texas, Idaho, Montana, Alaska, Arizona, NC, and SC. In a few years these states will be like VA. Florida is already at the tipping point.

When white Americans wake up and realize they are the devil that the left wants to make obsolete, I’d rather be in the Midwest, specifically the upper Midwest. I may have to go back to Wisconsin. I loved it there. Quite a difference from NYC, where I grew up.

I’m glad to see that someone here recognizes the Democrats platform for the future of Amurrica. Balkanization is inevitable and location will be the difference between having a chance to survive or not.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    The left is inundating all the red states like Texas, Idaho, Montana, Alaska, Arizona, NC, and SC. In a few years these states will be like VA. Florida is already at the tipping point.

When white Americans wake up and realize they are the devil that the left wants to make obsolete, I’d rather be in the Midwest, specifically the upper Midwest. I may have to go back to Wisconsin. I loved it there. Quite a difference from NYC, where I grew up.

??? This has nothing to do with color. Last I checked David Hogg was and remains white, for example. Most liberals are. You need to check your target.

Mr.Blue

Living In A Bizarro World
    Nov 21, 2011
    Miserable in MD
    ??? This has nothing to do with color. Last I checked David Hogg was and remains white, for example. Most liberals are. You need to check your target.

Sure it doesn’t. Where have you been? You cannot be that blind. I won’t debate it with you.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013

TSonder505

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 11, 2019

I agree, however, white liberals use everyone else as their voting pawns.

Robert2888

Nov 5, 2013
    Westmoreland,VA

Most of the “white” liberals are nothing more than brainwashed followers who refuse to believe everything they have been told that make them fell good is a lie. Now there is a small segment along with others that are truly evil and are hell bent on destroying this country along with those who created it.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    holy crap. surprised/disappointed to see the names/positions on there - generals, DNI, directors of two Academies. and surprised/disappointed to see this come out of florida.

it's an all-out, across the country, battle against us (and the 2A).

Firstly there are about 800 general officers in the military plus many many times more retired. At any given time you can find 50 who will sign an open letter banning cats. And what DNI does not support decreasing the Bill of rights? They certainly would expected to be arguing from their perspective that all our bill for rights are dangerous. 99% of generals, most DNI, most directors of the academy did not sign this and you can bet they were asked.

That said these type of referendum are the next tactic, and a potentially very effective one in the gun control effort. And they are a great way to legally bring in in charitable funds as well.

so these will work best in purple states like Florida and Virginia, especially where the GOP is over represented in the legislature compared to the population (Eg Virginia).

Also you do know that nationally and historically assault rifle bans, like handgun bans support is stronger in aged population and Hispanics right? Support for the handgun bans of the 1960's-1980's was always hihger the older the voting age got

The older a cohort is the more support for banning assault rifles. the strongest support for bans is in the over 65 years old cohort and the 50-64 year old cohort is second strongest.

In Republicans and independents support for assault rifle bans is way way higher among retired persons.

Florida also has a lot of Hispanics. Of the major ethnicity/race cohorts, Hispanics are most likely to be opposed to the Second amendment. They have lower gun ownership rates than any major cohort. So why would you be surprised the gun control lobby chose Florida? It is the perfect place to do so and could be a dramatic win.

It is why all the whining from second amendment rights people about the Republican party legislators and governors is idiotic. The fact is in quite a few places republican VOTERS are more likely to support substantive gun control than the elected officials. it is not elected officials going of to the left of the people who voted for them.

As far as this GOP donor he has long been a "Never Trump" and a Howard Schultz type. he cares about his tax rate, and as a developer owning people who make decisions that affect his business so he has channeled money to local DEMOCRATS as well for 15 years. He has been looking for an excuse to give directly to Dems and ARs are his excuse.

Bloomberg and the supporters of this can afford to put $50 million in this one state effort. They an do most of that with "Charitable donations" since several of the groups positions against assault rifles there are "charities." To even come close the NRA would go bankrupt. so even if the gun grabbers lose the referendum they have scored a major win by pulling the NRA into a fight on the gun control terms and strength: MONEY. Florida is an extremely expensive paid media market

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013

Look I agree with your sensibility. There certainly are people from every background, black, white, Hispanic, Asian, men, women, straight, gay, religious, atheist, young, old, tenth generation Americans, new immigrants, who are supportive of the Second Amendment. But the great majority of Hispanics do not. And way more African Americans do not than non minorities. We certainly ought to be in every group making advocacy for support for the Bill of Rights the biggest tent possible

But your David Hogg example is more about race (and gender) than you think.

As a white male High school senior he has just spent 12 years being indoctrinated that everyone else, that because of his gender and race, everyone but him, is an aggrieved person he has harmed. Colleges, employers etc have a right or need to give a slot to a lower performing person who is female, or who is a minority, or who is gay. He alone owes them though 500 years or race privilege and a million years of gender "privilege."

Hogg could be poor and in every way disadvantaged, his ancestors' entire experience with US slavery could have zero benefit from slavery and all cost, they could been fighting and dying in the civil war against slavery. Yet the child of a couple of rich doctors from Spain get to cut in line in front of him because Hogg is a white male, and the doctors kids is "Hispanic" and therefore aggrieved.

In short, he has been hammered and indoctrinated that he the only person in a room without the golden ticket to aggrieved and owed group status.

And now with parkland he has his golden ticket! he is a finally achieved the new American dream -- he is a victim!

Finally (though no accomplishment of his own), he is no longer a victimizer because of something someone else's white great grand dad did when racism was the rule, or something a caveman did against a woman, in a society where you need to claim victimized status -- he now has his victim ticket.

I think that is what most are talking about.

I agree with you that the "white people need to wake up" statement rings problematic and I do not agree with that idea. I think SOCIETY and all people need to wake up to how absurd the political culture of aggrievement and how it abets the proto-fascist nanny state with eventually no rights.

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    The first bolt action gun was made in the 1820s and adopted in 1841. The first bolt action with a metallic cartridge that I am aware of off hand was adopted in 1865. First Semi Auto was 1885ish I think? And Lever guns are just a bit older than the Civil War. I guess they want to limit us to antiques and obsolete tech.? I don't know off hand when pump actions came about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom