• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    The Pittsburgh mayor and City Council have gone full retard in the wake of the synagogue shooting by introducing legislation to ban popular semi autos and give local judges authority to seize legally owned firearms.

The DA sent a letter to the council advising them that they didn't have the authority under PA law to do this and if passed might be subject to criminal liability.

The mayor doubled down and told the DA to "Arrest me."

Story here:

https://www.nraila.org/articles/201...1nrjLh1KHSFpPkWMT24Rw2DPi1NemB2FC8ERqB6eW19Hg

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Hmmmm......

The last sentence says it all. And not just in Pittsburgh.

“This creates a terrible dilemma for the city’s law-abiding residents, stuck between violent criminals on the one hand and lawless public officials on the other.”

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Sense he's saying to arrest him, then they ought to, if they feel he's in violation of the law.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Violation of their oaths of office. It has to be. They could recall or impeach the lot of them.

Assuming that enough people agree...

It's my understanding Pittsburg has become very progressive.

Hence the very important and necessary role of the courts, to act against the will of the majority when the will of the majority seeks to deprive the minority of a constitutionally protected right.

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    Sense he's saying to arrest him, then they ought to, if they feel he's in violation of the law.

State or fed. officials are going to have to arrest him and other city leaders to keep credibility since they seem to be openly flouting the law after being given notice that their actions are venturing into criminal conduct.

According to the article he feels justified because he believes he is doing the right thing; he can claim to be practicing civil disobedience.

Racer Doug14

Thread killer
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Feb 22, 2013
    Millers Maryland
    Assuming that enough people agree...

It's my understanding Pittsburg has become very progressive.

Hence the very important and necessary role of the courts, to act against the will of the majority when the will of the majority seeks to deprive the minority of a constitutionally protected right.

So very true.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    State or fed. officials are going to have to arrest him and other city leaders to keep credibility since they seem to be openly flouting the law after being given notice that their actions are venturing into criminal conduct.

According to the article he feels justified because he believes he is doing the right thing; he can claim to be practicing civil disobedience.
    If he is not arrested, all PA state laws become null and void in any incorporated town. Probably even at county level also.

Why have the state law when some mayor can chose to ignore it without repercussions?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

As long as there exist Sanctuary Cities/Counties/States the State and Fed officials' hands are tied. They will continue to do nothing. Yet another step toward The Purge.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    If he is not arrested, all PA state laws become null and void in any incorporated town. Probably even at county level also.

Why have the state law when some mayor can chose to ignore it without repercussions?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

This is probably the goal. To test ways to get around State Pre-emption in States where it's not possible to pass a bill ending it.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I heard some woman on the radio, a city council member I think, who said that they were elected by the people to make these changes and the law didn’t matter - this was a matter of public safety.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    We're nearing a crisis of governmental lawlessness in this country. If anything, worse than right before the Civil War.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom