• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    One thing is, walnut makes a good bit of dust. Used dryer sheet will keep the dust down.

I am fine if my brass is not better than new shiny, so corn cob is the simpliest and easiest

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    I've been using straight corn cob media for a long time now and always had good results. I never had any brass junked up enough to use walnut hulls.

Before you buy off Ebay, check out prices from different vendors. I got a 50lb bag from Grainger's for less than it would of cost from other places.

I use the 20/40 size of cut. It's fairly small and doesn't get caught in the flash holes. I got some buckets and dumped the bag right into them, pop on a lid and scoop it out when I need more.

https://sandblastingabrasives.com/c...inishing-cleaning-deburring-blasting-820.html

https://www.grainger.com/product/GRAINGER-APPROVED-Corn-Cob-Blast-Media-2MVR4

another great meet up Thank You Inkd for the corn cob and Walnut media

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    Lance,

You can buy 50 pounds of corn cob from farm stores. Or by 50 pounds of walnut from paint supply houses. Either one works to keep the brass clean. If something gets stuck in the primer hole, it will be knocked out when you size the brass. I don't care if my brass is shiny, only clean. Some of the polishing compounds make a mess of your tumbler.

Thanks John ! ooh and i saw the Colt today at IP GLR today thinking of going back tomorrow he has 410 that caught my eye

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom