• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    In between Irish snowstorms and looking for some brain food as i have exhausted much. Does anyone carry C&R CCW?

BrewDoc_MD

Piss off, ghost!
    Apr 25, 2012
    Myersville, MD
    I liked using CZ82s and P64s. They're under-powered, though, by more modern polymer firearms of similar weight (when loaded), like the G19.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I've been known to carry the 1908 Colt, as a backup, from time to time.

IMAG0287.jpg

*I've always heard people knock on the .25acp - haven't found anyone willing to take a full magazine to the chest/face though.

2112rws

Jan 18, 2013
    I had forgotten about my C&R S&W Mod 37 Airweight. It is a great little snubnose and I think the five .38 rounds weight more than the empty revolver so its easy to carry.

CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont
    I carry my CZ82 regularly CCW. I also toss my little Beretta 950 mouse gun in my shorts pocket in the summer on occasion. The CZ might not be considered by a lot of folks as ideal, but I am very comfortable shooting it so that is why I carry it.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Sure .

There is a thread on here featuring a 114yr old S&W .38 I carried .

Used to carry a 1920's Colt Govt Mdl ( been aftermarket nickled before I bought it ).

Used to carry a Victory Model . And 3rd Mdl .44 HE. And Brazilian M1937. Probably pre-M18 , And pre-M38 . Have to check production date on M31-1 . 3 Screw Blackhawk. My about to pick up 1st Gen Bearcat will shortly.

And probably more not thinking of now.

Know several who carry CZ-82 . Which reminded me of my French/ W.German PPKs .

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Detective Special, S&W J-frames, FN 1910, Browning Hi Power, Makarov, CZ82, PPK, S&W pre-Model 27, Colt New Service 45, Colt 1911, Argentine Sistema - the list of useful C&R pistols is not short, either on numbers nor quality.

OK, some of the big revolvers are not exactly concealable, but with the right tailor you could make it happen.

offthepaper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 7, 2007
    Harford County
    I have a beautiful East German Mak that I have carried. Small enough for CCW and super reliable and very accurate. What's not to like?

Last edited:

K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    Makarov is nice because they have a de-cocker and are designed to carry with one in the chamber. I like the idea of my CZ-82 and TT-33, but I'm not comfortable with cocked & locked pistol or a round in the chamber/hammer down with no firing pin block.
    "Excuse me while I chamber a round" only looks good in the movies.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I've been known to carry the 1908 Colt, as a backup, from time to time.

View attachment 226979

*I've always heard people knock on the .25acp - haven't found anyone willing to take a full magazine to the chest/face though.

I’m not gonna lie...I have the same gun, and I have carried it. Shoots great, and surprisingly accurate.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Nice nails Shazam ! ( Friendly humor)

Actually the 950 is a top choice for a .25acp . ( I can name the other top choices, but that's a thread in itself.)

But alas , once subcompact .32acp's the size of typical .25's , that cost less than a Secamp , came on the market , every single .25acp became a collectable or range toy .

.25acp's were a real thing , to fill the niche for an extremely small pistol, for specialized needs, despite the submarrginal calibre . The .32acp is such a huge step up in effectiveness , the .25 went the way of S&W No 1 as a Millitary service pistol .

Woody

Oct 27, 2017
    Walther (Manurhin) PP...

Great carry gun.
    b81a77fdadc7050f37bea5ad8d707fc9.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member