• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    This popped up in my Google News feed.
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/atlanta-man-turns-tables-attempted-carjacker/story?id=31229699

When police arrived, cell phone video showed Fannin waving police over, then calmly dropping his weapon. One officer even extends a hand in gratitude before tending to the hapless criminal.

"Honestly, I look at it like this. That is one less guy I got to worry about bothering my mom when she’s out grocery shopping,” Fannin told ABC affiliate WSB.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/man-holds-would-be-carjacker-gunpoint-until-police/nmL4Z/

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Legal concealed carry almost always correlates to lower rates of personal crime, because the criminals never know who's carrying. In this case, a 61 YO man is very uncommon. The usual suspects tend to give up by their mid-20s.

Legal concealed carry almost always correlates to lower rates of personal crime, because the criminals never know who's carrying. In this case, a 61 YO man is very uncommon. The usual suspects tend to give up by their mid-20s.

You are absolutely correct...BUT that's not why Frosh and the rest of the gun grabbing liberals don't want concealed carry (or legal ownership of firearms in general)...There is enough empirical evidence that guns save lives and stop crime to write an encyclopedia. These liberals know this...they don't care...Gun control is about CONTROL...as long as Americans own firearms the progressive liberal agenda can only be pushed so far...removing gun ownership is their goal for ONE reason...once firearms are removed from law abiding citizens they become helpless to stop the power crazy liberals from doing whatever, whenever they want...

THIS is why no amount of letter writing, protesting, phone calling, rallying will ever bring about SHALL ISSUE to the state...This is why groups here on these forums that refuse to view the liberals as the ENEMY and think outside the box, take risks, and refuse to comply with unconstitutional laws will never be successful...

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    You are absolutely correct...BUT that's not why Frosh and the rest of the gun grabbing liberals don't want concealed carry (or legal ownership of firearms in general)...There is enough empirical evidence that guns save lives and stop crime to write an encyclopedia. These liberals know this...they don't care...Gun control is about CONTROL...as long as Americans own firearms the progressive liberal agenda can only be pushed so far...removing gun ownership is their goal for ONE reason...once firearms are removed from law abiding citizens they become helpless to stop the power crazy liberals from doing whatever, whenever they want...

THIS is why no amount of letter writing, protesting, phone calling, rallying will ever bring about SHALL ISSUE to the state...This is why groups here on these forums that refuse to view the liberals as the ENEMY and think outside the box, take risks, and refuse to comply with unconstitutional laws will never be successful...

Here's an idea...lead by example.. Post video...Show us how its done...

Here's an idea...lead by example.. Post video...Show us how its done...

Yeah..I figured that would be the response..instead of going to the people who claim to be leading this fight you post this...MSI and the NRA are the ones getting paid to lead this fight...

Ask yourself one question...why are other states who are even more liberal than Maryland able to get a SHALL ISSUE law passed but for some reason The People's Republic of Maryland cannot?

Because the pro 2A groups in those states are willing to push back against the enemy...Funny how we don't see that here...

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    IMO we all have a dog in this fight and getting paid at least for me is not the impetus for fighting for my rights. It's helpful to have paid advocates but grass roots support is also necessary.

sitting on your ass and complaining isn't a strategy.

Last edited:

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Yeah..I figured that would be the response..instead of going to the people who claim to be leading this fight you post this...MSI and the NRA are the ones getting paid to lead this fight...

Ask yourself one question...why are other states who are even more liberal than Maryland able to get a SHALL ISSUE law passed but for some reason The People's Republic of Maryland cannot?

Because the pro 2A groups in those states are willing to push back against the enemy...Funny how we don't see that here...

Because unlike you I know

1. MSI is not geting paid.

2. There is no state more liberal than MD..

3. MD gun laws are less horrific than NY CA And NJ not withstanding 1.

Post video ...I am waiting..

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍

There's a corner at light and Pratt street that looks like a perfect place for an open carry rally. You headed there?

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013

The NRA lobbyist in NJ basically told us that it boils down to sheer numbers. It's not the amount of noise we make. It's the fact that most people here don't like guns and believe in disarmament. I would imagine in Maryland it's the same more or less.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Raw video

Outstanding.

I don't know if it is possible that this could have gone any better.

I like how the armed citizen calmly waived in the police, then placed his firearm on the ground as they approached. Did I hear one of the officers say 'nice job' as he was walking up? I also like how the police shook his hand and thanked him. Also notice that (I'm sure he waited for permission), secured his own firearm, and asked the police if it was ok to put it back in his car.

This is a great display of what normally does and should happen - the good guys, helping the good guys.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    IMO we all have a dog in this fight and getting paid at least for me is not the impetus for fighting for my rights. It's helpful to have paid advocates but grass roots support is also necessary.

sitting on your ass and complaining isn't a strategy.

How dare you? :mad54:

:lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom