• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mhemling33

May 7, 2013
    Forest Hill
    StealthArms.net

Promo Code for 10% MDStealth16

Along with 10% off they will give free shipping on orders over $300!

I have already purchased a phantom jig, frame, and test frame. They have been shipped and I will keep everyone posted about my build.

img_9839_zps502d1add.jpg

For those of you who purchased the AR15 80% kits from me, you might remember that they were Stealth Arms kits. The other week I noticed that they had started selling the 1911 frames so I contacted them to find out more info. Since I have been stubborn about getting my HQL I haven't purchased a handgun for awhile now, so this would be great.

The first thing I asked about was what finishing them entailed, since I don't own a mill I was worried that it was out of my capabilities. Apparently they have figured out a way to finish them with basically a vise and a drill.
    It's called The Phantom Jig and the best part is..... NO MILL NEEDED!!!

[YT]cE8Yo0iAoMk[/YT]

They offer a test frame which is a frame that wasn't perfect so they didn't want to sell it. This allows you to do a practice run before you use your good frame. They only have a limited number of these since they didn't create them on purpose. For $20 I think it is well worth it to grab one to practice.

Here are some details that I pulled off their website about the frames.

Our classic Government Model frame is CNC machined from an initial block of heat treated 7000 series billet aluminum.

Our 1911 80% frame utilizes tighter tolerances on all critical surfaces, allowing the fit and finish you expect from Stealth Arms parts.

The rails are slightly oversized to allow for proper fitting with the slide.

We offer the best of class aluminum frames which calculates out to roughly 60% lighter than comparable steel models, making this an obvious choice for a concealed carry piece.

Stealth Arms is also in the process of making a 1911 parts kit to finish the gun. They don't have a price at the moment but they estimate that they will have them for sale in March.

Here is my first build
    2015-04-04%2018.27.07_zpsqromr870.jpg

2015-04-04%2018.27.33_zpswfi4jbub.jpg

2015-04-04%2018.27.53_zpsidig2sgi.jpg

[YT]acuCkFUaYvo[/YT]

Last edited:

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    Will keep an eye out, frame parts in kit form are few and far between, and buying piece by piece gets expensive quickly.

mhemling33

May 7, 2013
    Forest Hill
    Will keep an eye out, frame parts in kit form are few and far between, and buying piece by piece gets expensive quickly.

Yeah I quickly noticed that there really isn't a readily available parts kit for 1911's. That is why I got excited when they said that they are in the process of making the complete parts kit. They said that early March they should have them ready for sale so that would be perfect.

I was able to purchase the parts from a buddy of mine so I'll be able to test the frame out fully. Then when they get their parts kits ready i'll be ordering another frame along with a kit.

mhemling33

May 7, 2013
    Forest Hill
    aluminum frames is that what you want ??

My choice is Forged and machined carbon steel .

I also questioned using an aluminum frame and apparently they have one gun with over 20,000 rounds through it and it is still going strong with no issues. I too would rather have a steel frame, but in 80% form that may be hard to finish and even harder to find.

Since I don't have to get my HQL and I can build the gun myself (take pride in it), I'll take the aluminum frame.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Yeah I quickly noticed that there really isn't a readily available parts kit for 1911's. That is why I got excited when they said that they are in the process of making the complete parts kit. They said that early March they should have them ready for sale so that would be perfect.

I was able to purchase the parts from a buddy of mine so I'll be able to test the frame out fully. Then when they get their parts kits ready i'll be ordering another frame along with a kit.

Sarco usually has 1911 parts kits. RIA I believe. There are usually take offs on Gunbroker as well

I really like building my own firearms. Might have to get one of these.

mhemling33

May 7, 2013
    Forest Hill
    Sarco usually has 1911 parts kits. RIA I believe. There are usually take offs on Gunbroker as well

I was looking at Sarco's site and they are all out of stock, I sent an email and I am waiting for a reply. I couldn't find anyone selling RIA kits or even listing them. There are probably plenty of people on here that have enough extra parts to build one right now lol.

mhemling33

May 7, 2013
    Forest Hill
    It seems that the Phantom Jig would work on an aluminum frame only?

I am not sure, i'll ask them. My guess is you will either need different cutters or it will dull them quickly; Also it might take a little longer. I don't know where you would get an 80% 1911 frame not made from aluminum though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom