• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    Question 23 (be specific).

Must be able to verify with your security officer both in writing and on the phone.

And now here come the folks that will tell you that you can't let anyone know the existence of your clearance.

ollesafeee.jpg

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    I Heard there was a all volunteer, non-profit organization in Maryland, whose mission is helping people get Maryland handgun permit’s.

They are also involved in many lawsuits, fighting for your right to self defense... but I can’t remember their name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    I Heard there was a all volunteer, non-profit organization in Maryland, whose mission is helping people get Maryland handgun permit’s.

They are also involved in many lawsuits, fighting for your right to self defense... but I can’t remember their name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    You must be Missing Something Important. MSI. Wait... maybe Maryland Shall Issue is a good organization to join.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Maybe that Mysterious Secretive Institution offers it's expertise to its Members regarding the W&C process, including that very issue .

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014

Must be able to verify with your security officer both in writing and on the phone.

And now here come the folks that will tell you that you can't let anyone know the existence of your clearance.

Clearance level is not classified, at least to the level that they are looking for. This is confirmed by sources "inside". The irony is, it's says it's only while you have an active clearance. It's as if the info isn't classified after you no longer have a clearance (this is far from the truth).

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Did anyone read the OP’s name in a mirror to find the secret?

You shouldn't need any clearance... :tinfoil: :lol2:

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    I struggle with the restriction language. Employed as a DOD contractor in Maryland, or permit is valid in Maryland? I believe valid in Maryland but wording is poor.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    I struggle with the restriction language. Employed as a DOD contractor in Maryland, or permit is valid in Maryland? I believe valid in Maryland but wording is poor.

Both. Although most states don't care about restrictions, so the MD only part is unnecessary. Although clandestine had a situation where an out of state cop claimed his permit was not valid in the state he was currently in (Michigan?). Perhaps he will chime in.

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    So you are saying that the DOD location must be in Maryland?

I interpret it to state that (restriction 1) the permit is valid provided the person is employed as a DOD contractor (period)

And (restriction 2) permit is valid only in Maryland (unless another state grants reciprocity with Md)

JMR1121

Oct 3, 2018
    Baltimore, MD
    So you are saying that the DOD location must be in Maryland?

I interpret it to state that (restriction 1) the permit is valid provided the person is employed as a DOD contractor (period)

And (restriction 2) permit is valid only in Maryland...

My permit has the same restriction. I spoke to the MSP investigator who interviewed me and he stated that it was valid as long as I remain working for the DoD in the state of Maryland. If I was to transfer or take a temporary duty assignment in another state my permit would no longer be valid. I filed an appeals process to try and have the restriction removed.

johnkn

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2012
    Thank you. Interesting though as while I do see a FSO confirming tickets I don't see them identifying a specific Agency or location. Gotta love it.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Clearance level is not classified, at least to the level that they are looking for. This is confirmed by sources "inside". The irony is, it's says it's only while you have an active clearance. It's as if the info isn't classified after you no longer have a clearance (this is far from the truth).

You just made a very astute observation about the speciousness of the clearance-holding justification. One cannot "un-remember" what one knows, and HOIS also know this. My memories may be reviewed for reclassification in 2031, and quite a few are OADR. I know for a fact that I stand zero chance of being awarded a CCW on the strength of that, since the LD has little or no practical understanding of information sensitivity.

So there it is - this "permit becoming invalid on an out of Maryland TDY" argument is pure bunk - as I am so prone to repeat: "arbitrary and capricious." If I had my say, MSP LD would never have made that BS distinction. Good luck; I'm sure the Board will have that restriction tempered or removed. :party29:

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC

Or, more to the point for many - will your FSO/CSSO (if you're a contractor) be willing or able to provide anything in writing for a permit?

Antis are everywhere...

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    Or, more to the point for many - will your FSO/CSSO (if you're a contractor) be willing or able to provide anything in writing for a permit?

Antis are everywhere...

My old company was Anti 2A. That was one of the determining factors in the company change; among other things. New company is 100% pro 2A.

Submitted paperwork 10/31, unrestricted permit in hand 11/17.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom