• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    This, right here, is Trump's single most important job when it comes to the big picture. It's why holding one's nose over his gaffes and other foibles is an EASY price to pay for keeping the constitution intact and reducing the perception, in some parts of the public, that the court is another legislature.

Man, have we been dodging bullets since Hillary said she was going to run.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Huzzah!! Let there be dancing in the streets!!

When the Big O was first elected, the results here in Takoma were greeted by happy Progressives marching through the streets at midnight, beating drums (yes, really) and cheering.

I would expect no less from the rest of us. Bring drums, banners, pennywhistles, scantily-clad women and strong drink!

Money_B_85

Mar 30, 2017
    10 year anniversary of Heller and we get this great news. Hopefully it foreshadows shall issue by this time next year. Winning never felt better.

was42

Aug 19, 2010
    Carney, MD
    Just saw this "rock and a hard place" analysis on CNN's web page covering the announcement: "The timing couldn't be worse for the five Democratic senators up for re-election in states Trump won by double digits: Sens. Joe Donnelly of Indiana, Claire McCaskill of Missouri, Jon Tester of Montana, Heidi Heitkamp of North Dakota and Joe Manchin of West Virginia. If those five vote against Trump's nominee, they'll hand Republicans a potent issue to hammer them with. If they vote for the nominee, they risk severe retribution from within the Democratic Party." The pressure is on to nominate and confirm before November! There will be weeping and gnashing of liberal teeth tonight and in the coming days as the implications of this event are digested.

MrNiceGuy

Dec 9, 2013
    I feel like celebrating, but I'll be holding my breath until I see who actually get nominated and confirmed.

was42

Aug 19, 2010
    Carney, MD
    When I wake up tomorrow AM, if it’s cloudy, chilly, wife in a bad mood and there’s a headache brewing….I’ll just smile and remember that Hillary is NOT in the White House, Gorsuch is on the bench and Trump is going to get another pick for the Supremes!

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    When I wake up tomorrow AM, if it’s cloudy, chilly, wife in a bad mood and there’s a headache brewing….I’ll just smile and remember that Hillary is NOT in the White House, Gorsuch is on the bench and Trump is going to get another pick for the Supremes!

This happens to me everyday now!

swamplynx

MDS Supporter
    Jul 28, 2014
    DC
    I dont think it was Kennedy holding up 2A cases. I think it was Roberts.

THIS 110%. Of the Heller 5, while Kennedy was certainly a defection concern, I could see Roberts pulling an Obamacare with shall issue.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Now would be a good time for Ginsburg to retire.

The bad news: I dont think it was Kennedy holding up 2A cases. I think it was Roberts.
    THIS 110%. Of the Heller 5, while Kennedy was certainly a defection concern, I could see Roberts pulling an Obamacare with shall issue.
    Agreed. Roberts is the new swing voter and likely to get the most pressure from the media and liberal cognoscenti to preserve affirmative action, not interfere with state restrictions on 2A rights, etc.

I will hold small hope that if any 2A cases advance to the SC, that depending on the case, we'll have a shot with Kagan supporting the individual right.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom