• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokering

Day Walker
    May 16, 2008
    AA
    That time was different. Blacks were the victims. Today, the victims are cops, residents, businesses, business owners, and everyone else with racial tensions being flamed by politicians and "activists".

Blacks are still victims today, unfortunately many of the outspoken blacks want to blame ALL of their societal and financial ills on everyone but the black culture. They want to say they are forced to sell drugs, they are forced to embrace and glorify criminal behavior and the degradation of the black woman by "musical" artists that make millions pretending to be thugs. I can understand some of the kids getting caught up into it, but it's sad watching a 30 something year old black MAN still talking about bitches and hos and teaching their kids there is nothing wrong with mistreating woman and disrespecting everyone not "street". Too long have we allowed ourselves to be manipulated by our own who though down with the cause are down with it from ivory towers.

Are there a disproportionate # of blacks incarcerated percentage wise for drugs? Sure there is, but the person that cited that "fact" did not point out there is a disproportionate # of blacks that get arrested for crimes repeatedly who serve little or no time at all. Inner city justice system has been reduced to catch and release and people are terrorizing the good people in their own neighborhoods because they know they can walk around with impunity. Hell I wish I could do something to help black society get back on track, but the ones that will listen that it's not an us against them mentality are the minority and less vocal in the inner cities.

Many of the "down for the black cause" professionals in the suburbs are also a cause for concern as they lend support and credibility to cause an ever growing divide. They are not pumping money into the poor black communities or helping to rebuild anything, buying a house to renovate and rent out for reasonable rent. They instead believe the government should spend the money on these neighborhoods, the same government they vilify, the same government that has spent billions just to have people abuse them and fall into decay.

I feel many of the educated professional working black americans have a deep connection to their roots and feel anger and sorrow that there are many wrongs in the black community, but I believe underneath they know it is a class divide rather than a racial one. They will bolt their doors and bar their windows if it ever gets to the point the angry mob marches down their street, rather than march out to join them burn down their neighborhood.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    winner winner chicken dinner

Well, it's been almost 50 years, let see where this is at.

We want freedom. We want power to determine the destiny of our Black Community.
    Got it. The black community decided the following about their destiny:
    a) Dads are unnecessary
    b) Achievement is bad
    c) More babies means more welfare.
    d) Drug dealers and thugs are role models.

We want full employment for our people.
    Employment requires effort. You have to learn stuff in school and look for a job

We want an end to the robbery by the white men of our Black Community.
    Yup, the riots in Baltimore are because some white guys broke into the 'hood' and robbed it.

We want decent housing, fit for shelter of human beings.
    Ok, but you need to act like human beings and not trash your decent housing.

We want education for our people that exposes the true nature of this decadent American society. We want education that teaches us our true history and our role in the present day society.
    No you don't. The true history is that slavery ended a long time ago but you still want to use it as an excuse. Nobody alive today was legally owned as a slave in this country.

We want all Black men to be exempt from military service.
    Got it. Draft is gone. Just don't sign up.

We want an immediate end to POLICE BRUTALITY and MURDER of Black people.
    No problem. Just stop committing crimes and stop murdering each other.

We want freedom for all Black men held in federal, state, county and city prisons and jails.
    Almost. Everybody gets a bunch of stay out of jail free cards. If you use them up you might just still end up in prison.

We want all Black people when brought to trial to be tried in court by a jury of their peer group or people from their Black Communities, as defined by the Constitution of the United States.
    Probably not going to happen, but if it did, on the flip side, you can't riot if a white guy shoots a black man and gets acquitted by an all white jury.

We want land, bread, housing, education, clothing, justice and peace
    You've been given the first 5. Based on the other demands, you don't want justice, you want the freedom to commit crime. Peace is up to the members of the black community. You need to stop killing each other.

Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!!!

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    shays at the Ballmer riots

They are a55holes as well. However, the Baltimore and Ferguson riots are being fueled by activists and politicians. Whitey is being blamed for the plight of poor blacks while black democrats keep them on the plantiation on welfare. And these people keep on voting for the democrats that keep them there.

And what was up with all the occupy anarchists at the Baltimore riots? The hags were parading around with signs about their boxes, and other stupid crap not even associated with the situation at hand. Never let an uprising go to waste. I swear I have seen some of those @55h@+$ at other uprisings.

JOESTEELER

Jul 23, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    Times may have been different if you consider three "activist " killed in Mississippi or a police officer shooting a man in back as he ran away. With this being national law enforcement week and remembering the approximately 165 names being placed on the memorial wall. There is plenty of blame for every one. So trust me THUGS do where uniforms also. I was always told my badge covers my heart not my azzz

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    Got it. The black community decided the following about their destiny:
    a) Dads are unnecessary
    b) Achievement is bad
    c) More babies means more welfare.
    d) Drug dealers and thugs are role models.

No one decided dads were unnecessary. The government just started locking up dads for decades at a time for igniting plants. The divorce rate was higher among Whites than among Blacks prior to the advent of the War on Drugs. When the drug trade is one of the few opportunities for children in the neighborhood, drug dealer is going to be an attractive job title.
    Daddy didn't get locked up for being married, he got locked up for being a criminal. If the drug trade is one of the best opportunities in the community, the community if f'ed up. I think you just made my point.

We want full employment for our people.
    Employment requires effort. You have to learn stuff in school and look for a job
    Blacks are disproportionately trapped in inefficient public schools where they don't learn a thing. And when they graduate, if they do, there aren't many jobs in their neighborhoods.
    Their peers make them outcasts and call them uncle Tom for trying to succeed. And yet immigrants with little or no education who come to this country, who don't even speak english manage to learn and succeed.

We want an end to the robbery by the white men of our Black Community.
    Yup, the riots in Baltimore are because some white guys broke into the 'hood' and robbed it.
    Are you familiar with the phrases 'corporate welfare' or 'civil forfeiture'? There are myriad other forms of robbery.
    That doesn't just apply to the black community. However, excessive taxes are mostly driven by Democrats. So for the black community, it is self inflicted. You get what you vote for. Also, you have to have a job and pay taxes for that to apply

We want decent housing, fit for shelter of human beings.
    Ok, but you need to act like human beings and not trash your decent housing.
    Implying the majority of black people are destroying their housing.
    No, but when someone gets something for free or cheap, they are less likely to value it and take care of it. Also, The rioters in Ferguson and Balt, weren't trashing the cops neighbourhoods.

We want education for our people that exposes the true nature of this decadent American society. We want education that teaches us our true history and our role in the present day society.
    No you don't. The true history is that slavery ended a long time ago but you still want to use it as an excuse. Nobody alive today was legally owned as a slave in this country.
    The truth is that after slavery ended, there was still at least another century of systematic oppression of blacks and that remnants of it and its outcomes are still with us.
    You're right on that one. It takes time for peoples attitudes to change. However, It's been a long time since I've
    seen people rally behind a KKK member. I have seen recently, the black community rally behind so-called black spokespeople who are just as racist.

We want an immediate end to POLICE BRUTALITY and MURDER of Black people.
    No problem. Just stop committing crimes and stop murdering each other.
    Did Freddie Gray murder anyone? Cops aren't infallible, but they are apparently beyond reproach.
    Cops are far from beyond reproach and I do believe there are serious problems within the Baltimore police department. However, lots of people, black and white, get arrested in Baltimore and put in the paddy wagon without a seatbelt. They all survived, except for Freddy. It sucks, but sometimes karma happens. I never said Freddy murdered anyone, but most of the black men murdered in Baltimore every year are murdered by other black men. If you want to end Blacks being murdered, stop doing it. You realize that half the cops charged are black, right?

We want freedom for all Black men held in federal, state, county and city prisons and jails.
    Almost. Everybody gets a bunch of stay out of jail free cards. If you use them up you might just still end up in prison.
    Blacks are disproportionately arrested, convicted, and incarcerated for crimes, particularly those related to drugs. Blacks make up 14 percent of those who use drugs, yet 36 percent of those arrested are Blacks and it ends up that 63 percent of those who finally end up in prison are Blacks.
    I don't have time to delve into the numbers on this one... But I am pretty sure they not just tossing innocent men in jail.

We want all Black people when brought to trial to be tried in court by a jury of their peer group or people from their Black Communities, as defined by the Constitution of the United States.
    Probably not going to happen, but if it did, on the flip side, you can't riot if a white guy shoots a black man and gets acquitted by an all white jury.
    Simply by numbers, this is pretty much how it works out.
    Tell that to OJ

We want land, bread, housing, education, clothing, justice and peace
    You've been given the first 5. Based on the other demands, you don't want justice, you want the freedom to commit crime. Peace is up to the members of the black community. You need to stop killing each other.
    Blacks never got forty acres and a mule. Your conception of justice is a mockery.
    You're right, it was not right for me to say that blacks want the freedom to commit crime. However, the bulk of the crime in the black community IS black on black crime. The black community has to step up and reign in its own problems. Regarding 40 Acres and a mule; neither did the white guys. Don't believe politicians when they promise you something.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Blacks are still victims today, unfortunately many of the outspoken blacks want to blame ALL of their societal and financial ills on everyone but the black culture. They want to say they are forced to sell drugs, they are forced to embrace and glorify criminal behavior and the degradation of the black woman by "musical" artists that make millions pretending to be thugs. I can understand some of the kids getting caught up into it, but it's sad watching a 30 something year old black MAN still talking about bitches and hos and teaching their kids there is nothing wrong with mistreating woman and disrespecting everyone not "street". Too long have we allowed ourselves to be manipulated by our own who though down with the cause are down with it from ivory towers.

Are there a disproportionate # of blacks incarcerated percentage wise for drugs? Sure there is, but the person that cited that "fact" did not point out there is a disproportionate # of blacks that get arrested for crimes repeatedly who serve little or no time at all. Inner city justice system has been reduced to catch and release and people are terrorizing the good people in their own neighborhoods because they know they can walk around with impunity. Hell I wish I could do something to help black society get back on track, but the ones that will listen that it's not an us against them mentality are the minority and less vocal in the inner cities.

Many of the "down for the black cause" professionals in the suburbs are also a cause for concern as they lend support and credibility to cause an ever growing divide. They are not pumping money into the poor black communities or helping to rebuild anything, buying a house to renovate and rent out for reasonable rent. They instead believe the government should spend the money on these neighborhoods, the same government they vilify, the same government that has spent billions just to have people abuse them and fall into decay.

I feel many of the educated professional working black americans have a deep connection to their roots and feel anger and sorrow that there are many wrongs in the black community, but I believe underneath they know it is a class divide rather than a racial one. They will bolt their doors and bar their windows if it ever gets to the point the angry mob marches down their street, rather than march out to join them burn down their neighborhood.

Well put, except a growing majority of blacks outside of city centers are not victims by any stretch of the imagination. Just look at PG County for example. Blacks are the majority here also. The county government is overwhelmingly black. Home ownership is overwhelmingly black, and growing every day.

These are usually fairly well-educated people. Many are professionals. They don't like the Government. But they are quite often the employees of that government. And when they vote, they vote to keep the same governing class they despise in office. They whine about taxes, but never met a bond issue they didn't like. They own guns, but vote in favor of more anti-gun laws. They bitch about all the onerous regulations "The Man" imposes on them, but happily support totalitarian HOAs. Etc...

And then there's this:
    WaPo Lifestyle Columnist Laments: “It’s Exhausting Trying To Bring White People Up To Basic Racial Literacy”…
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...0657fe-f4bb-11e4-b2f3-af5479e6bbdd_story.html

Go figure.

K.C.Dean

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Buds Creek
    Why do blacks blame the white man for the conditions they live in? Why is it that when a Black person becomes successful from that neighborhood move out? Why don't they use their money to open businesses in those neighnorhoods? Sharpton has millions so he should put his money where your mouth is. Even the BPP should pool their money and open businesses in the black neighborhoods. What do they do to stop black on black crime?

Kelson1066

Ultimate Member
    Jul 31, 2012
    Frederick County
    Why do blacks blame the white man for the conditions they live in? Why is it that when a Black person becomes successful from that neighborhood move out? Why don't they use their money to open businesses in those neighnorhoods? Sharpton has millions so he should put his money where your mouth is. Even the BPP should pool their money and open businesses in the black neighborhoods. What do they do to stop black on black crime?

Why do blacks blame the white man for the conditions they live in?

Because labor is pain and it is far easier to complain about it than to put forth the effort while in some cases simultaneously "biting the hand that feeds you."

Why is it that when a Black person becomes successful from that neighborhood move out?

If you economic status is not tied to your client location or source of income the first thing you do is change your address. This is where the concept of "hood rich" comes from. A well-educated person of color from an urban environment will often seek either a rural location or the suburbs once their lifestyle becomes disproportionate to their surroundings. For example, why would a professional making $100K per year choose to live in a crappy apartment in the bad part of Baltimore City, SE DC, etc.? If it doesn't make sense to you it probably doesn't make sense to others as well.

Why don't they use their money to open businesses in those neighborhoods?

Statistics and actuarial analysis. An urban business is more likely to get robbed or not produce sufficient revenue. They carry higher insurance rates and depending upon the products offered may not mesh with the residents of the community in which they reside. This is why you normally see fast food, check cashing, pawn shops, dollar stores, and low budget retail in those areas. I doubt a farm to fork restaurant that changes $50 a plate would do well in the middle of the hood.

What do they do to stop black on black crime?

Nothing, see response number one. Another point (and this is anecdotal) is that exporting crime to suburban areas doesn't work. The right leaning locations (Frederick) have homes that are armed for the most part and the left leaning areas (Bethesda) have sufficient influence and police presence to offset most of those threats. So with nowhere to go the local populous feeds on itself resulting in those who manage to get past the ridicule leaving the community and seeing little to no need to stay and enhance the community.

Just my .02

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.

Silly ignorant coloreds............... ok Guam, it's going to tip over anyway according to one colored intellectual. :rolleyes:

smokering

Day Walker
    May 16, 2008
    AA
    Well put, except a growing majority of blacks outside of city centers are not victims by any stretch of the imagination. Just look at PG County for example. Blacks are the majority here also. The county government is overwhelmingly black. Home ownership is overwhelmingly black, and growing every day.

These are usually fairly well-educated people. Many are professionals. They don't like the Government. But they are quite often the employees of that government. And when they vote, they vote to keep the same governing class they despise in office. They whine about taxes, but never met a bond issue they didn't like. They own guns, but vote in favor of more anti-gun laws. They bitch about all the onerous regulations "The Man" imposes on them, but happily support totalitarian HOAs. Etc...

When I was speaking of victims, I was speaking mainly of urban blight in inner city of black americans. Other minorities in similar situations can be included, as can blue collar or underemployed whites in these areas. The working class poor who cannot at this point in time to aspire to move out of the neighborhood, and even when they do are still limited to the less desirable sections of town "set" aside for the working poor elsewhere. Unfortunately it is also where many of the criminals reside as they can prey on the disenfranchised and "hide in plain site".

Bowie was a mainstream exodus for many of the professional working class DC "govies", contractors, educators, medical, etc. to get out of DC and settle a comfortable frontier out of DC. The problem is over the years some people started subletting, family moving in and branching out with less desirable results because many were not particularly interested in bettering the community. There are kind of like 3 Bowies, the well to do professional blacks, the integrated working professionals, and the who let them out of DC crowd. Many in the black professional community are still tied to and have direct or second generation ties to the civil rights movement. Thus they have not broken ties with the Democratic Party because of what they have seen in their scope of history as the black americans' ally. Because of this some swallow many lies because of a few perceived deep seated roots, but a growing small segment have been turning Independent and conservatives to invest and protect their hard work. Everyone knows someone that votes R or D "because that's how it's always been in my family".

Free Radical

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 14, 2012
    yOur Nation's Capital
    When I was speaking of victims, I was speaking mainly of urban blight in inner city of black americans. Other minorities in similar situations can be included, as can blue collar or underemployed whites in these areas. The working class poor who cannot at this point in time to aspire to move out of the neighborhood, and even when they do are still limited to the less desirable sections of town "set" aside for the working poor elsewhere. Unfortunately it is also where many of the criminals reside as they can prey on the disenfranchised and "hide in plain site".

Bowie was a mainstream exodus for many of the professional working class DC "govies", contractors, educators, medical, etc. to get out of DC and settle a comfortable frontier out of DC. The problem is over the years some people started subletting, family moving in and branching out with less desirable results because many were not particularly interested in bettering the community. There are kind of like 3 Bowies, the well to do professional blacks, the integrated working professionals, and the who let them out of DC crowd. Many in the black professional community are still tied to and have direct or second generation ties to the civil rights movement. Thus they have not broken ties with the Democratic Party because of what they have seen in their scope of history as the black americans' ally. Because of this some swallow many lies because of a few perceived deep seated roots, but a growing small segment have been turning Independent and conservatives to invest and protect their hard work. Everyone knows someone that votes R or D "because that's how it's always been in my family".

Many here give no consideration to the possibility that maybe not everyone has the opportunity to get where they have "if they just worked hard like I do every day." It's cognitively comfortable to chalk it up to "Blacks are lazy and don't want to work."

Bradw410

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 11, 2012
    Easton
    Many here give no consideration to the possibility that maybe not everyone has the opportunity to get where they have "if they just worked hard like I do every day." It's cognitively comfortable to chalk it up to "Blacks are lazy and don't want to work."

So they have to steal/sell drugs to make a living?

Free Radical

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 14, 2012
    yOur Nation's Capital
    So they have to steal/sell drugs to make a living?

Some have to to survive. Others just realized that they have very few legitimate opportunities to earn more income than enough to simply subsist, so some turn to a more lucrative trade.

In truth, no one has to do anything. The American colonists could have survived with Britain's taxes, but they saw an opportunity for something better.

Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Because one group wants ridicules "rights" or demands? :rolleyes:

No. It is because of your use of an antiquated euphemism for a specific minority that now occupies pejorative territory. For many today, 'coloreds' is considered a dysphemism which, according to the offended, reflects a prejudiced point of view.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom