• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hi3cho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 16, 2012
    Edgemere
    Looks like the Brownells deal is dead. up to 149.99-10 with the coupon. I am looking to buy a lower as I have a build kit on the way. Anyone know of any similar deals right now for around 109.99?

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I have one. It is slightly tight against my rear rail, but doesn't bind per se. I assume some sanding and break-in will resolve that issue.

cotman68

Feb 21, 2010
    Stewartstown, Pa
    Thanks Erwos, I picked up a lower couple weeks ago and now it’s time to start collecting parts for it. Got tax money back !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Yeah, I'm also in parts mode... just need a threaded barrel and slide parts kit to get it operational, then suppressor sights and a comp to get it rockin'.

hi3cho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 16, 2012
    Edgemere
    Thank you Radio, I just ordered one. Now I just need to get some magazines. Where is the best place to buy pinned 10 rounders? I read the factory glock 10 rounders arent able to convert back to standard. I would like the flexibility and still be able to get it shipped to the house as I don't have time to go out of state right now

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    Looks like the Brownells deal is dead. up to 149.99-10 with the coupon. I am looking to buy a lower as I have a build kit on the way. Anyone know of any similar deals right now for around 109.99?

Yeah, that didn't last long! Just looking (he sez) but still...

:sad20:

Ifdot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Md Eastern Shore
    Thank you Radio, I just ordered one. Now I just need to get some magazines. Where is the best place to buy pinned 10 rounders? I read the factory glock 10 rounders arent able to convert back to standard. I would like the flexibility and still be able to get it shipped to the house as I don't have time to go out of state right now

Go out of state and buy them. Don't buy pinned.

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    Yeah, that didn't last long! Just looking (he sez) but still...

:sad20:

Wish I would have seen he was looking...he's 15 minutes away from me. :o

I have a black, textured G17 version ordered from Brownell's, but with me having some other current obligations, I have decided not to build it...

Last edited:

hi3cho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 16, 2012
    Edgemere
    Go out of state and buy them. Don't buy pinned.

Like I said I am not going to be able to get up to PA for a few months. I don't own a glock so wasn't sure if the aftermarket 10 rounders were pinned or blocked like AR mags. I know the factory glock are fixed 10 rounders. Worse comes to worse I can get a 10 rounders to hold me off but would be nice to have the option to make it standard later.

94hokie

Mar 29, 2015
    Severna Park, MD
    One question. Has anyone had any issues with holsters? Do the poly80 frames fit standard ones fine?

I don't think so. The front of the frame on the poly80's is different from a standard glock. Poly80 has a list of companies on their website that are making holsters that fit their frames.

ziptiespec

Re: holsters, I ordered a Tulster holster for the G19 gen3 - my P80 did not fit. Returned it, Tulster has great CS.

I think any rigid (kydex etc.) holster is not going to work as the trigger guard and dust cover are different shapes/profiles. A "soft" holster made of leather, nylon, etc. should work fine with a G19 and P80 compact.

I went with a Squared Away Customs Alpha holster, made specifically for the P80 PF940C:

I've built two of these so far and it's been a great, if not at times frustrating, experience.

The OD P80C I built for myself (above) has mostly OEM Glock frame parts, extended mag release, and P80 trigger. I have two slides for it, a LW slide with all LW parts and a Brownells RMR-cut slide with Ghost internals and a Victory First Brownells edition barrel. I have had weird trigger issues where the pull would be fine and then get progressively heavier/harder. I discovered the trigger spring would "turn" and begin binding against the trigger housing. That was resolved by pinching the loop smaller where the spring attaches to the trigger bar/cruciform. I also polished all of the contact parts. The only issues I have now are:

1. The extended mag release can be activated while the gun is in the holster. I need to reduce the "height" of the mag release and massage the holster a bit.
    2. The VF barrel and Brownells slide sometimes do not fully go back into battery. Result is a light primer strike and no "bang". Need to do some fitting.

lNexuOil.jpg

I also built an FDE P80 compact for my wife. That one has LW frame parts, a Brownells barrel, an Ebay slide, and OEM Glock slide parts. It has a 3.5# connector which I think is too light. It'll double tap on you without too much effort. It also has a tight fitment between the slide and barrel and will sometimes not go into battery. Need to fit these parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom