• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Omega21

Nov 27, 2010
    Traveling MD
    NO!! Before being lazy and posting my question, I did a quick check of the MSP site and it specifically names the 6.5 Creedmoor M1A as being "not banned". Very excited because I've always wanted an M1A and this one looks gorgeous. No experience with 6.5 but I'm open to anything.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    NO!! Before being lazy and posting my question, I did a quick check of the MSP site and it specifically names the 6.5 Creedmoor M1A as being "not banned". Very excited because I've always wanted an M1A and this one looks gorgeous. No experience with 6.5 but I'm open to anything.

Is that so sir?

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    It's too bad the M1A doesn't really have the accuracy to take advantage of the 6.5CM. Neat though, I thought all M1A's were banned. Thanks for sharing.

ROBAR35

Living the farm life
    May 20, 2010
    Howard Co.
    Ordered from Fulton Armory last month.

Attachments

• 4417475A-85C0-41AE-8AE1-903C9ACFB3DF.jpg
      4417475A-85C0-41AE-8AE1-903C9ACFB3DF.jpg
      85.5 KB · Views: 1,185
    • 1E2ECA99-F775-4907-9F2B-BD012FD3C68C.jpg
      1E2ECA99-F775-4907-9F2B-BD012FD3C68C.jpg
      81.3 KB · Views: 1,127

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Maybe some day if this remains the case. I’d love to own one in 7.62/.308, but I guess only if I move out of state. Maybe if I can get one in 6.5cm for under $1.5k I’ll start saving my pennies in a few years.

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    Since this is just a rifle can’t you drive to PA and pick one up? Provided this doesn’t break the law like any other rifle or shotgun, right?

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Are the magazines the same size as the M1A 308?

Q

I'm thinking maybe something with the gas system because of some of the types of powders associated with hand-loading the 6.5

I was power reading (scanning) reading old info though from American Rifleman and other articles where gas port diameter may have needed some r&d.
    I'm thinking mags would be ok based solely on the cartridge drawing of the head for stripper clips and a little shorter than a 308 case but with a sharper shoulder and would (should) work.
    Really what I was thinking (hoping) everything is the same and some connected folks young-ins or significant others want into the platform and the old 7.62 just didn't enamor them enough and we just got thrown a bone. Good enough for me because I missed the boat paying out elsewhere.
    That's one I'm going to bury if I can get some conclusive information. And find a place to purchase one.
    Maybe we'll find out more here from more experienced folks. I didn't see it on Sa's web page advertised as compliant. Just no longer banned because my eyes were watering, maybe others will chime in. FWIW I seen a Standard walnut in NC a few weeks ago for 1700 and the guy was firm as no till.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    The M1A 6.5 CM mags are advertised as 20 rounds. No go in Marylandistan. Didn’t see they had 10 rounders, but I’m sure they must if MD approved this rifle, or you get the rifle an zero mags AND no bonus 3 mags ??

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    This is stunning! I see they have a medium contour for $200 and a heavy contour for $250. What's the difference between these besides price? I'm not clear on what "contour" refers to.

How thick the barrel as well as how soon the barrel tapers down. Not sure exact dimensions on non-ARs

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Since this is just a rifle can’t you drive to PA and pick one up? Provided this doesn’t break the law like any other rifle or shotgun, right?

Out of state purchase must be legal in BOTH states. An out of state dealer can't sell you any firearm banned in Maryland.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom