Go Back   Maryland Shooters > The Marketplace > Wanted to Buy
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old November 8th, 2019, 10:41 AM #1
ZFG

Location: Where the men are men and the sheep are scared. Woodbine!
ZFG

WTB: Milwaukee M18 Fuel stuff

Want to get into this platform. I need a charger and battery as well. I’d be interested in buying any tools you’re not using and want to sell. Also let me know if you see any holiday deals or see them in pawn shops, etc. Tools high on the want list are 1/2” impact, circular saw and reciprocating saw.

“You’re not peaceful if you’re not capable of great violence. Rather, you’re harmless.”
Alphabrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2019, 10:48 AM #2

I check a few local pawn shops a few times a month for stuff, very very rare that anything is brought in.

I have the impact driver, 1/2" drill, sawzall, "buzz" tool, grease gun, drop light and large flood light.

the 1/2" impact is really hard to find used, even then people want crazy money for them. My son has bought and sold a LOT of the new Milwaukee stuff on FB and CL, including over 130 brand new empty boxes he bought at auction on shrink wrapped skids for $7 bucks (total).
PJDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2019, 10:50 AM #3
I wanna go fast

I wanna go fast

I wouldn't dream of selling mine, but I'll tell you the Fuel stuff is great. I have a slew of both M18 and M12. Wander through the clearance shelf at Home Depot frequently. They tend to put a decent amount of tools there, especially the promo packages stuff and floor models.
Old November 8th, 2019, 10:50 AM #4

I'd like to also say, for reliability, the impact drivers are insane. We bought a new one to do a ceiling in a commercial building I own, first three days of it's life from brand new it drove over 3K screws and was dropped straight onto concrete from ~14' up at least three times that I know of.

Still kicking today!
PJDiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2019, 10:52 AM #5

check cpooutlets.com they have some deals on new and reconditioned
hermyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2019, 11:10 AM #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Z/28- View Post
I wouldn't dream of selling mine, but I'll tell you the Fuel stuff is great. I have a slew of both M18 and M12. Wander through the clearance shelf at Home Depot frequently. They tend to put a decent amount of tools there, especially the promo packages stuff and floor models.
I’ve never had much luck finding things I wanted on clearance at HD but I know people who pop into theirs and have found amazing deals. Around this time of year they should have battery promos going on where you buy x number of bare tools and get a free battery or battery and charger starter kit. It might not start until Black Friday, but something to keep an eye out for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermyjoe View Post
check cpooutlets.com they have some deals on new and reconditioned
CPO is good for somethings but if you are looking for something newer they often don’t have the best price.

I’ve bought a lot of my Milwaukee tools from Acme Tools, they have free shipping over a amount and between tools and batteries you definitely would have free shipping.

https://www.acmetools.com/shop/tools/milwaukee-tools
RuralRifleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2019, 12:29 PM #7
I wanna go fast

I wanna go fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuralRifleGuy View Post
I’ve never had much luck finding things I wanted on clearance at HD but I know people who pop into theirs and have found amazing deals. Around this time of year they should have battery promos going on where you buy x number of bare tools and get a free battery or battery and charger starter kit. It might not start until Black Friday, but something to keep an eye out for.

My HD clearance steals have mostly been a few weeks after holiday promotions. Last year at memorial day they did fuel tool bundles that included a bare tool and a 9a/hr battery for $200. A few weeks later my local HD had 3 of them buried in the clearance pile for $125. So I got a $150 sawzall and a $100 battery for $125. I saw similar deals after xmas last year too.
Old November 8th, 2019, 12:33 PM #8
ZFG

ZFG

This looks like a decent deal at $99 to get set up with a charger and battery? The battery is small. I already have a Hercules 1/4 impact but I use it a lot, wouldn’t mind a Milwaukee version.

Just realized it’s not “fuel”. Didn’t know they had M18 that isn’t fuel? What’s the diff?

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwauke...-21P/305529329

“You’re not peaceful if you’re not capable of great violence. Rather, you’re harmless.”
Alphabrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2019, 12:45 PM #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphabrew View Post
This looks like a decent deal at $99 to get set up with a charger and battery? The battery is small. I already have a Hercules 1/4 impact but I use it a lot, wouldn’t mind a Milwaukee version.

Just realized it’s not “fuel”. Didn’t know they had M18 that isn’t fuel? What’s the diff?

Milwaukee had brushed models of tools, brushless models, and then eventually Fuel models which are brushless. This model is the precursor to Fuel, I've used the Brushless badged tools before and there is not that much difference between them, the Fuel ones general get more run time out of the battery but these get the job done. Unless you need to run an impact all day long this is a good starting point. The 2ah batteries are $79 each so you're spending $20 more for a tool and a charger.

If you get invested in the line you'll want larger batteries and at least one of the Rapid Chargers since they cut down on the charge time.
RuralRifleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2019, 01:03 PM #10
I wanna go fast

I wanna go fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphabrew View Post

M18 is the standard line 18v tools. Fuel models are the heavy duty "pro grade" stuff. Fuel tools all have brushless motors. I have some of both. I opt for the Fuel stuff when it's available and not much more. Some tools are only available in one line or the other. Also a lot of Fuel tools are on their 2nd or 3rd generation so check model numbers when comparing prices.

I'll also second Ruralrifleguy on the rapid charger and bigger batteries. Those slim batteries are nice and light but they die quickly. I usually opt for using the 3.0ah batteries for most tasks. Although larger tools like my circular saw and leaf blower are better served by the 9.0ah

Home Page > Forum List > The Marketplace > Wanted to Buy