• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    A bunch are filed, but none really detrimental......yet.

Edit: The ban on firearms being fabricated by a computer aided device, by someone other than an FFL, is a shot at 3D printers. Not sure if they could loop 80% lowers into it.

Allowing SROs to carry a weapon on school property in Baltimore City: HB0031

Prohibiting the possession, sale, manufacture or transfer of firearms with a "computer aided device": SB0008

Cannot deny a person to purchase, posses or carry a firearm because of medical Mary Jane: SB0097

Allowing other payment methods for carry permit applications(online/credit card): SB0113/HB0092

Self-Defense is G&S : SB0115

If your prints are on file with MSP for ANY reason, no need to submit them again for a W&C permit: SB0118

1/21/2019 UPDATE

Shade's Law: Prohibited people cannot possess an antique firearm: HB0095

For the purpose of providing that, for certain purposes, the term “transfer” includes a loan other than a certain exchange of a regulated firearm between two individuals under certain circumstances; and generally relating to regulated firearms: HB0096

1/23/2019 Update

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/2019RS/bills/sb/sb0166f.pdfse of a Firearm in the Commission of a Crime of Violence or Felony –Penalties (The Repeat Firearms Offender Act of 2019): SB0166/HB0236

1/26/2019 Update

Protective Orders – Relief Eligibility – Rape and Sexual Offenses: HB122

1/28/2019 Update

No doc available yet : Exempting a certain applicant for a handgun qualification license from a certain training requirement if the applicant is a certain retired law enforcement officer or a certain active or retired correctional officer, sheriff, or deputy sheriff under certain circumstances. SB0287

1/30/2019 Update

Providing that, for certain purposes relating to the transfer of a firearm, the term "transfer" includes a loan other than a temporary gratuitous exchange of a regulated firearm between two individuals who remain in the same location for the duration of the exchange :SB0346

Prohibiting a county board of education or public school from spending any money from any source to directly or indirectly provide a teacher with a firearm or train a teacher in the use of a firearm; and providing the Act does not apply to a school-approved sport or club that makes use of firearms :HB0367

Last edited:

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I would, actually, find the banning of the making of firearms using "computer aided devices" to be a VERY detrimental slippery-slope situation. Lost cause in MD, probably, but still. It's another case of making the tool evil, and not the criminal that happens to then go out and commit a crime with it.

SCV/SAR Patriot

UNRECONSTRUCTED
    I would, actually, find the banning of the making of firearms using "computer aided devices" to be a VERY detrimental slippery-slope situation. Lost cause in MD, probably, but still. It's another case of making the tool evil, and not the criminal that happens to then go out and commit a crime with it.

Exactly, nothing ever good comes out of the cesspool of the state capitol.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Do not most every firearms manufacturer of any size use computer aided manufacturing devices today? While the legislative intent may be arguable the proposed law can be read in a way to include just about every gun made today. Don't trust politicians! None...evah!

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Third one down on marijuana would be in direct violation of Federal Law. Check yes on 4473 and transaction stops. If it passes becomes a dilemma for FFLs.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

This. They don’t seem to understand that state law can’t supersede Federal law on this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrabcakesAndFootball

Jun 14, 2017
    Do not most every firearms manufacturer of any size use computer aided manufacturing devices today? While the legislative intent may be arguable the proposed law can be read in a way to include just about every gun made today. Don't trust politicians! None...evah!

FFLs are exempt. I also see an issue with the law that is helpful to this community, so I’m not going to write it on here.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD

There is an exception in the bill that exempts FFL.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Third one down on marijuana would be in direct violation of Federal Law. Check yes on 4473 and transaction stops. If it passes becomes a dilemma for FFLs.

I am sure FFLs would still deny. However, it means MSP can’t deny a 77r for otherwise face to face transfer. Also it means you are not a prohibited person under STATE law. That means something.

Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick
    I am sure FFLs would still deny. However, it means MSP can’t deny a 77r for otherwise face to face transfer. Also it means you are not a prohibited person under STATE law. That means something.
    Technically MSP should not submit data for NICS either if use of Marijuana even medical admitted assuming they have same process FFL does IRT NICS submission.

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    -0008 is hilarious. I guess this was #8 on the 'Pressing Issues in MD' list.

Welcome, friendly new guy.

As some sage MDSer said somewhere recently, progressives do not care about the 73,000 opiod deaths that we had in our nation last year, or the quarter million or so annual deaths due to medical errors, because people dying from opiods or medical errors are not a threat to "progressive" politicians. Firearms, on the other hand.....

MD lawmakers do not care about the rediculously low number of murders committed by criminals using AR-15s, yet they specifically targeted them in 2013. I always like to note that since the passage of FSA2013, homicides are up 60% in Baltimorgue. Gun control does not work.

ELEMENT94

Wild eyed pistol waver.
    Sep 23, 2007
    This. They don’t seem to understand that state law can’t supersede Federal law on this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol Federal Preemption is deader than slavery. Especially talking about firearms in MD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom