• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    AGC 3 Gun Match - Sunday, September 22 / IDPA Match Saturday Sept 23

It is finally here. The Shooting bays at the AGC are nearing completion and we will be hosting our first 3 Gun Match that is open to the public on Sunday, September 22.

Please keep in mind that our programm is still in its infancy. That said, there will only be 3 stages and each squad will be limited to 13 shooters. We ask for your patience while we work out the kinks.

Setup will be at 8:00 am

Cost: AGC Badge Holder - $10 / Non Badge Holder - $20

Send any questions to actionadmin@associatedgunclubs.org

Copy and past the Practiscore link below to register

https://practiscore.com/agcas-3-gun-september-22-2019/register

You can also visit the AGC Action Shooting page to sign up for emails about all of our events.

https://associatedgunclubs.org/action_shooting/

Edit : THERE WILL ALSO BE AN IDPA Match on Saturday, October 21

I am not the Event Director for this match and therefore do not know the answer to many of the questions. Start by checking out this page

https://associatedgunclubs.org/action_shooting/idpa/

Here is the link to register for this match

https://practiscore.com/associated-gun-clubs-idpa-match/register

Send IDPA inquiries to idpa.agc@gmail.com

Last edited:

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    IMHO I would suggest that you give preference to AGC badge holders before filling the squads with non-badge holders.

That is an interesting point of view and I am not quite sure that I understand. Preference is being given in that Badge Holders pay half price. Is that not enough? Is there something keeping Range Holders from registering right now?

The match is posted on Practiscore now and there is plenty of room. The goal is to fill it up and create a wait list for those inevitable no shows. To be honest, I would be shocked if we run out of space, but if we do, then we may see what we can do to add a fourth stage/squad.

sasd18

Oct 29, 2017
    Highly interested in this. Not a badge holder but I’d love to participate. Hoping this would be friendly to someone’s first time. I’m sure this will fill up quickly

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Highly interested in this. Not a badge holder but I’d love to participate. Hoping this would be friendly to someone’s first time. I’m sure this will fill up quickly

I would recommend coming out to observe, talk to the guys, check out their gear, and get an idea of what you are getting yourself into. You can also attend an Arlington Rifle/Pistol Club 3 gun event on the 4th Saturday of each month. Those are quite a bit less formal and might be a better place to start.

sasd18

Oct 29, 2017
    I would recommend coming out to observe, talk to the guys, check out their gear, and get an idea of what you are getting yourself into. You can also attend an Arlington Rifle/Pistol Club 3 gun event on the 4th Saturday of each month. Those are quite a bit less formal and might be a better place to start.

Will do. I'm not much of a beginner with rifle and handgun, but shotgun will be new. Maybe I can stick to 2 gun as well.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Will do. I'm not much of a beginner with rifle and handgun, but shotgun will be new. Maybe I can stick to 2 gun as well.

we do have a 2 gun division. If you have a gun belt, retention holster, pistol and mag pouches, then feel free to register and give it a try.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County

By the way, we are a very friendly bunch and most are willing to let you try their shotguns. You might decide to bring some 12 gauge shells and a handful of slugs. Ask for the match director when you get there and I will find someone on your squad to loan you their gun when it is your turn to shoot.

Slim

Sep 13, 2015
    HoCo & Worldwide
    IMHO I would suggest that you give preference to AGC badge holders before filling the squads with non-badge holders.
    That is an interesting point of view and I am not quite sure that I understand.
    I think he means let badge holders have first crack at the 39 spots, and waitlist non-badge holders.

I really enjoyed the match I shot in the spring, but unfortunately I'll be out of town on the 22nd. Great to see matches happening. Good luck! :party29:

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    I think he means let badge holders have first crack at the 39 spots, and waitlist non-badge holders.

I really enjoyed the match I shot in the spring, but unfortunately I'll be out of town on the 22nd. Great to see matches happening. Good luck! :party29:

Unfortunately, it does not work that way. If someone wants to participate, then they need to register. Its not really all that tough of a concept. Badge holders shoot for half the fee.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Badge holders should have preference and shoot at a discounted cost. Who did the money come from to build it? That's right, the badge holders.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    ok, but if I am bringing a guest, I want to make sure that they shoot. Badge holders are being charged 1/2 price, I think thats fair. Otherwise its first registered first served, also fair.

Are we really running out of slots, or are people running out of things to complain about on a Friday? My educated guess is that the people who are complaining are not even registered anyway.

And by the way, guests who have fun repeatedly are simply future badge holders.... just like public trap.

I get so tired of people feeling entitled to something that did not even exist a few years ago! Get over it! I rarely see 39 people at any of the practices, nor have I seen 39 people at any of the events.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    So there are 5 "divisions"

Open
    Tactical Scope
    Tactical LTD
    Heavy Metal
    2 Gun

Are you running all of them? Are the rules for these posted somewhere? I assume "Heavy Metal" is not 3-gun with a Motley Crue t-shirt.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    So there are 5 "divisions"

Open
    Tactical Scope
    Tactical LTD
    Heavy Metal
    2 Gun

Are you running all of them? Are the rules for these posted somewhere? I assume "Heavy Metal" is not 3-gun with a Motley Crue t-shirt.

I know enough to get in trouble...heavy metal is AR-10’s (30 cal.), pump shotguns and .45 cal pistols. Now I’m expecting to be corrected and called nasty names.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom