• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Does anyone here have experience with them? So far in the last week (wed-sat are their open days) I've called every day and on Saturday, kept running through their autophone system to try to get ANYBODY to answer the phone. I sent them an email Tuesday and still no response back. Wonder what gives? Is there another number I can reach them by besides the one on the website?

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    Ram into same challenge but had an email response within 30 minutes after opening an Acct on their website.

Was looking for a flat top upper and they had recently started selling thru primary arms. Might check there if you want to purchase.

I only needed an upper so didn’t browse the catalog to see what else PA may have of the SOLGW products

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    Try FB and as mentioned before, set up an account.

If you're looking for something on the their site you have to get a little creative when searching. For example, the blaster guts kit (with base trigger and grip) doesn't show up in the lower components section. You have to use the search function.

I just ordered from them in the past two weeks and got my parts pretty quickly.

I already know what I'm looking for, it's their 13.7" combat grade mid length gas that has a f marked fsb. I can't tell if it's taper pinned or set screw from the picture. I tried messaging on Fb there's an auto response there too telling me to contact them by email! I used Mike's personal email (not their info email) and it had an auto reply telling me to try their phone numbers. Good grief:sad20:

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Man I've been seeing demand for that 13.7" barrel all over the place lately. Was that just Garand Thumb hype or did something else cause that to happen?

Man I've been seeing demand for that 13.7" barrel all over the place lately. Was that just Garand Thumb hype or did something else cause that to happen?

Yes mostly and he makes a good case for it. The solgw barrel has its gas port drilled to .070 which from what I've researched is ideal for suppression because you can always enlarge to suit. Most other barrels I've seen are drilled larger than that (in similar price range) and you can't add metal back.

I can't afford a noveske infidel and ballistic advantage's Hanson barrel has a journal that is too short for a fsb or lo pro gas block and end cap for drop ins which is what I was going for. If I could just find a barrel that already has taper slots drilled out that would be killer as I don't plan on utilizing the front site "a frame" portion. I just like the security that comes with taper pins over set screws.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Yes mostly and he makes a good case for it. The solgw barrel has its gas port drilled to .070 which from what I've researched is ideal for suppression because you can always enlarge to suit. Most other barrels I've seen are drilled larger than that (in similar price range) and you can't add metal back.

I can't afford a noveske infidel and ballistic advantage's Hanson barrel has a journal that is too short for a fsb or lo pro gas block and end cap for drop ins which is what I was going for. If I could just find a barrel that already has taper slots drilled out that would be killer as I don't plan on utilizing the front site "a frame" portion. I just like the security that comes with taper pins over set screws.

No manufacturer is going to sell a barrel pre-drilled for taper pins.

I suspect that the barrel you're looking at already has a pinned FSB.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Mike and Kyle get slammed with messages so I don't think it's intentional. They are good fellas.

I do some business with them and they can take a little while to respond, but it's because they are very busy.

I understand their issues. SOTAR has been getting a lot of exposure and it's very hard for me to keep up anymore. I used to think the messages I got here were overwhelming, but add MDS, with FB, a Website, and Instagram and it's a full time job. I can't pay someone to respond to tech questions because they don't know what I know.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I can't pay someone to respond to tech questions because they don't know what I know.

I know what you mean. I’m trying to grow my business. I can hire people to do estimates, create schedules, order material and what not, but I sometimes get 30-50 emails a day to discuss technical details or unusual problems for customers that I have worked with for 15yrs. I cannot seem to delegate many of these tasks to others.

I find myself apologizing often because I just cannot respond in a timeframe that “I Would” expect is reasonable. Short of cloning myself I’m trying real hard to be honest about my limitations and simply tell customers that I have to pass on their requests when I’m too busy. I figure being up front and honest MAY lead them to go elsewhere, buy saying yes and then not delivering WILL force them to leave forever.

I will say one thing. I’m often willing to wait for a good supplier that I know and trust will get the job done right. I try hard to treat them well by;
    Paying my bills on time (or even early)
    Not creating extra drama
    Not beating them up on price for no good reason.
    Saving my emergency phone calls for real emergencies.
    And just being nice goes a long way too.

This way when we do have an urgent need, I feel like they are there for us.

So what I’m saying is that when you find customers that treat you appropriately for your knowledge and skill, those relationships are the most rewarding to a business owner. Treat those guys like gold. What took me a long time to learn was to not let yourself get bogged down with the customers who DO NOT value your services.

Good luck out there. Eventually you will need to bring some apprentice under your wing. Finding that person is hard.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I know what you mean. I’m trying to grow my business. I can hire people to do estimates, create schedules, order material and what not, but I sometimes get 30-50 emails a day to discuss technical details or unusual problems for customers that I have worked with for 15yrs. I cannot seem to delegate many of these tasks to others.

I find myself apologizing often because I just cannot respond in a timeframe that “I Would” expect is reasonable. Short of cloning myself I’m trying real hard to be honest about my limitations and simply tell customers that I have to pass on their requests when I’m too busy. I figure being up front and honest MAY lead them to go elsewhere, buy saying yes and then not delivering WILL force them to leave forever.

I will say one thing. I’m often willing to wait for a good supplier that I know and trust will get the job done right. I try hard to treat them well by;
    Paying my bills on time (or even early)
    Not creating extra drama
    Not beating them up on price for no good reason.
    Saving my emergency phone calls for real emergencies.
    And just being nice goes a long way too.

This way when we do have an urgent need, I feel like they are there for us.

So what I’m saying is that when you find customers that treat you appropriately for your knowledge and skill, those relationships are the most rewarding to a business owner. Treat those guys like gold. What took me a long time to learn was to not let yourself get bogged down with the customers who DO NOT value your services.

Good luck out there. Eventually you will need to bring some apprentice under your wing. Finding that person is hard.

Thank you my friend. You explained how it is to a T.

I'm hoping I can train my two youngest boys when it's appropriate and go from there.

I get it. High quality stuff from a small shop with an even smaller number of employees makes it difficult to keep up with everything but it is not anybody's problem that you cannot 1) employ someone to mange correspondence with present and future customers and/or 2) list items you sell with as many descriptors as you can think of to keep people from being up your ass 24/7 asking questions. I used every avenue to try and contact them, save for actually driving to their shop, and it got me nowhere.

In this instance, I don't want to assume something is good to go for what I'm looking for because he/she/it said it. The reason I'm so upset by this is because part of my purchasing decision is based on someone who has spoken highly of them, highly of the people who own and work at the shop, and their dedication to being as close to perfection as one could get. I REALLY wish I knew the whole story behind the non communication with customers because the tid bits of info I've gathered from sources that aren't first hand is few and far between, not to mention some of the stories about the insane wait times people have endured for items they have ordered.

I would expand on this thread further but I feel like i'm coming from a place of condescension doing so, which is not my normal personality, so I'll just shut up and pony up the dough for a BCM KINO Configured 12.5inch (insanely priced) and stick with pistol configuration.

grimnar15

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 21, 2019
    Does anyone here have experience with them? So far in the last week (wed-sat are their open days) I've called every day and on Saturday, kept running through their autophone system to try to get ANYBODY to answer the phone. I sent them an email Tuesday and still no response back. Wonder what gives? Is there another number I can reach them by besides the one on the website?

Never an issue, just hit 0.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Man, saw this thread bumped and I was stupidly hoping for a sale. They makes the best lowers you can buy, son!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom