• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    I got there about 10:00 today. No wait, except for the 1 person in front of me at the ticket window. Good show with LOTS of tables. Picked up four MP38/40 (SMG) mags.

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    Glad you found the MP40 mags, Rich. From Dennis? I got a beautifully blued C&R Mauser HSC pistol, but with only one magazine. Ordered another magazine when I got home.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    And keeping up the holster tradition , picked up a Bianchi 19L for 1911 with Myrtle Beach PD marking, and a Hunter 4500 series .

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Glad you found the MP40 mags, Rich. From Dennis? I got a beautifully blued C&R Mauser HSC pistol, but with only one magazine. Ordered another magazine when I got home.

Yes, 3 from Dennis and 1 from another dealer. The mag from the other dealer was one of the unmarked "CIA" MP40 mags that were US made for the Bay of Pigs invasion.
    And congrats on the HSC pistol!

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Just got back. From what I saw the show seemed pretty crowded. I wanted to see two vendors and both were missing. The guy that only sells off brand glock mags. I needed some .40 and .45 cal 15 round mags. Ended up just getting Glock factory mags from the booth that had a huge sign selling “Clips”.

Also wanted to get some reloading supplies from the guy with the big wooden cases. He’s usually parked at the rear garage door between the two bays. Not there. Only one reloading guy at the whole show.

Ended up grabbing a few cases of 9mm, .40SW and .45Auto along with a few other oddball things. Also renewed my MSI membership.

Wasnt a total waste.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Went up yesterday to help with the MSI table. Picked up a few mags and some fudge (yes, there is someone selling fudge). I wasn't able to find what I really was looking for, mags for a Walther P99. Vexing, I'll have to arrange to get some delivered out of state.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Went up yesterday to help with the MSI table. Picked up a few mags and some fudge (yes, there is someone selling fudge). I wasn't able to find what I really was looking for, mags for a Walther P99. Vexing, I'll have to arrange to get some delivered out of state.

The fudge guy also sells really good chocolate covered pretzels. And no issues for non-resident purchases! :)

Last edited:

DivingDriver

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 14, 2016
    Nanjemoy MD
    Highlite of the day was spending time with Bigfoot 44 at the MSI booth. He also turned me on to some 9mm at a great price. Enjoyed meeting some of you guys that renewed your MSI membership.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    Defender Ammnition is usually in the smaller room. They don't advertise it but they will take $15 off 1000 round cases. I think it brought 9mm 115 grain ammo down to 19 cents per round after taxes too. That was the last shows price. I just say, "Are you guys still doing the gun show discount?"

I didn't make it over there this time. Missed my bi-monthly donation to MSI too.

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    Myself and a buddy went today and we both had something in mind to get. I had a list and I got most of it. Seemed like it was a good show and seemed busy. I was looking for the S&W 15/22 with the case and scope. Last show there I seen it for $320 but for some reason I didn’t get one then. Today the same dealer had it for $365 but I hadn’t seen the whole show so I passed again. Found it again for $355 but the dealer wasn’t sure if he could sell to a Maryland resident so I said I would be back but then I found it for the last time for $329 and got one! It pays to walk the whole show! My buddy wanted a Ruger PC9 and ran into the same Maryland resident problem also after he found one for $465 but no sale! He also found it again and this dealer sold it to him so he was happy! Overall we are happy with what we got today but my buddy’s wife might not be. If I know my buddy, he will blame me for what he purchased today.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    An answer to my own question:

From the Showmasters site

Purchasing a Firearm - Non-VA-Residents

Rifles and shotguns may be purchased from licensed firearms dealers by persons who are residents of other states upon the presentation of one photo-identification form issued by a governmental agency of the purchaser's state of residence and one other form of identification determined to be acceptable by the Department of Criminal Justice Services
    The following secondary forms of ID are acceptable:
    A current lease.
    Evidence of currently paid personal property tax or real estate tax.
    A current utility or telephone bill.
    A current voter registration card.
    A current bank check.
    A current passport (must include an address).
    A current automobile registration.
    A current hunting or fishing license

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    An answer to my own question:

From the Showmasters site

Purchasing a Firearm - Non-VA-Residents

Rifles and shotguns may be purchased from licensed firearms dealers by persons who are residents of other states upon the presentation of one photo-identification form issued by a governmental agency of the purchaser's state of residence and one other form of identification determined to be acceptable by the Department of Criminal Justice Services
    The following secondary forms of ID are acceptable:
    A current lease.
    Evidence of currently paid personal property tax or real estate tax.
    A current utility or telephone bill.
    A current voter registration card.
    A current bank check.
    A current passport (must include an address).
    A current automobile registration.
    A current hunting or fishing license

I used my vehicle registration and my buddy used his bank statement that he pulled up on his phone.

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    Myself and a buddy went today and we both had something in mind to get. I had a list and I got most of it. Seemed like it was a good show and seemed busy. I was looking for the S&W 15/22 with the case and scope. Last show there I seen it for $320 but for some reason I didn’t get one then. Today the same dealer had it for $365 but I hadn’t seen the whole show so I passed again. Found it again for $355 but the dealer wasn’t sure if he could sell to a Maryland resident so I said I would be back but then I found it for the last time for $329 and got one! It pays to walk the whole show! My buddy wanted a Ruger PC9 and ran into the same Maryland resident problem also after he found one for $465 but no sale! He also found it again and this dealer sold it to him so he was happy! Overall we are happy with what we got today but my buddy’s wife might not be. If I know my buddy, he will blame me for what he purchased today.

Dk firearms is a IP hear and do the Chantilly show's they will help with transfers for the MD peeps

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    It's the other way around . I already don't have hair because of genetics, and need to wear hats to protect my head .

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom