• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I was in the Christiana Cabelas last week to purchase an optic for my 10/22 SR..I thought I would give a look at their reloading supplies as I am about 1/3 through a batch of 5000 rounds of 9MM and in need of a couple bricks of small pistol primers. They didn't have many bricks of anything...mostly magnums and 50BMG primers. There was another guy there who was complaining to a staff member about the lack of reloading components in general, telling him they "USE" to have a decent selection..the staffer told him it was Bass Pro's influence...they now stock a limited amount and types of powder and primers and that primers would no longer be available by the brick, only by the 100 because selling them by the 100 increases the cost by $12 per 1000 (more profit)

If you have ever bought primers at Bass Pro you will find they only sell them by the 100 and they are generally $1 or so more per 100 than if you buy them by the brick.

Cabelas is also selling down their bullet stock and like Bass Pro will only be carrying the most popular calibers and weights...

In short, Bass Pro is turning Cableas into a over priced sh*t store...

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Another nail in that coffin. I guess they saved money by not changing the signs over to BassPro, although that would've been more honest.

remrug

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2009
    manchester md
    I was just telling my girlfriend.....If Walmart was smart,they would expand their outdoor section .Other companies seem to want to reduce what they sell,why not pick up the slack and run with it?

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Lots of things lead me to believe that it has to be hard to make a buck selling reloading supplies. Most places won’t even bother. The ones that will typically don’t do the greatest job of it.

Bass Pro is always a last resort for me. They are a big fish in the very small pond of Maryland reloading. Sounds like Cabela’s is getting pulled down with them. Not that Cabela’s was ever top of mind for supplies either, but they were better than Bass Pro IMO.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I have to stock up on primers at gun shows. One of the big payoffs to gun shows for me.

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    I was just telling my girlfriend.....If Walmart was smart,they would expand their outdoor section .Other companies seem to want to reduce what they sell,why not pick up the slack and run with it?

Walmart in Elkins, WV had reloading supplies the last time I was there....dies, powder, etc...

I bought a brink of small pistols for a friend a few weeks back at Clyde's in Lansdowne. He was about a dollar more than what Cabela's was selling them for when they had them...Since I have to drive from SW Baltimore County it was actually less expensive since driving 3 miles round trip beats going to Delaware...I guess I will buy from them

Cutty

Dec 25, 2015
    A month ago I cancelled my Cabela's CC. After having it for prolly twenty years my wife was shocked. I told her that Cabela's was becoming bass pro in every sense and I would rather spendy money elsewhere. We stopped in the DE store this weekend and it proved my point. Overpriced and junk everywhere. I will support my local stores even if I pay a bit more and I will look for online sales for other items.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Cabelas clothing went south a while before they merged with BassPro. I used to buy knit shirts from them that would last for years but now the sleeves start to separate on the ends in under a year.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Cabela's clothing used to be excellent. Now it's becoming Bass Pro crap.
    Yup

I couldn't agree more! The quality of their clothing has definitely gone down the dumper. What'll we do?
    Yup

$43 for 1K CCI small pistol @ BP? can be found at gunshows for Powder Valley price of $28. I went through 3K this weekend, down to 6K in house, Chantilly here I come.
    Powder Valley order total I added up is more than the gunshow prices. Cover Six Tactical is one vendor that is online.

K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    Cabela's and Bass Pro remind me of what KMart did with Sears. The world's two largest retailers combined and pretty much have gone out of business.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom