Attachments

• 75261388.jpg
      75261388.jpg
      33.9 KB · Views: 487

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    be ready Virginians, not only federally, but statewide.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Maryland crap starts coming to a theater near you within the next 2 election cycles.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    be ready Virginians, not only federally, but statewide.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Maryland crap starts coming to a theater near you within the next 2 election cycles.

They tried hard this past session but they still hold a pro-gun majority in the senate -- just barely.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    He must think VA is going to be deep blue in 2 years when he's up again and will have to run on that record.
    He barely won in 2014 against Ed Gillespie, who I thought was a pretty weak candidate.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    They call Modern Sporting Rifles "assault weapons." Oh, we do too. That really helps.

Warner can't even define them, so for now he wants to ban "notions" of them. I guess that will eventually mean anything that's semi-automatic, and then sometime later down the road everything with a trigger.

“You get into definitions, but the basic notion of these weaponized, militarized weapons need to be off our streets.” - Sen. Mark Warner.

Isn't the entire "notion" of the Second Amendment to rid ourselves of a tyrannical government? Of course it is. Doesn't that necessarily mean, "weaponized"?

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Virginia will go Blue sooner than later. Those Swamp Dwellers in the northern part of the state will see to that. I hope and pray that I'm wrong, but it would seem that the last 8 years have been very Blue for the state of Virginia.

Please citizens of Virginia prove me wrong!

wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    Virginia will go Blue sooner than later. Those Swamp Dwellers in the northern part of the state will see to that. I hope and pray that I'm wrong, but it would seem that the last 8 years have been very Blue for the state of Virginia.

We're doing our best to stop the disease, but they outnumber us in northern Virginia. Look at the thread about Fairfax County considering a ban on having loaded rifles in cars, by using a law meant to regulate hunting. They're not even trying to camouflage their gun control intentions.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Virginia is toast, too. It just doesn't know it yet.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD

That's why we need to defederalize DC Metro area, or in other words, disburse the federal management throughout the country. Maybe having some government headquarters in a rural state will do some good. Couple this with a 24 hour loss of the whole electrical grid, and you'll see a sharp demand for firearms.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    We're doing our best to stop the disease, but they outnumber us in northern Virginia. Look at the thread about Fairfax County considering a ban on having loaded rifles in cars, by using a law meant to regulate hunting. They're not even trying to camouflage their gun control intentions.

how well known is this throughout the state?

( in regard to NOVA being the Montgomery county of Maryland)

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Assault weapons is a made up word. I have stopped using it except when discussing the fact that’s it is made up.

It's agonizing to see the firearms community submit and adopt the opposition's derisive, inflammatory, and incorrect vocabulary and narrative. They use the term for a reason, and some people willingly play right into their hands. Once you let them control the language, they've already won the debate.

Words matter. The Left knows that. Why don't we?

"Gun violence," too.

Were people peaceful before the first gun was invented? Attila the Hun wants to know.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    It's agonizing to see the firearms community submit and adopt the opposition's derisive, inflammatory, and incorrect vocabulary and narrative. They use the term for a reason, and some people willingly play right into their hands. Once you let them control the language, they've already won the debate.

Words matter. The Left knows that. Why don't we?

"Gun violence," too.

Were people peaceful before the first gun was invented? Attila the Hun wants to know.

The term itself is real. Their application is incorrect as none of these firearms are select-fire or full-auto like real ones.

That said, the term will never disappear. Among many gun owners who mean no ill will, it's a normal term.

It also scares anti-gunners. Assault weapons are commonplace in society and there's nothing they can do to remove them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom