• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tall.guy88

Ultimate Member
    Feb 9, 2013
    West Virginia
    Imagine a true National March in support of the 2A. Toby Keith, josh turner and Aaron Tippin singing, Hickok45, Dakota Meyer, John Lovell and military heroes speaking. People giving testimonies about their lives being saved by owning a gun. It can be done! Should it be done? What are y’all thinking?

hillbilly grandpa

Jan 26, 2013
    Arnold
    A march should be an exclamation point in a campsign. It can't BE the campaign. You'll see that the people beyond the current children's crusade understand that. That's why you'll see more things like the students' march on Speaker Ryan's house today.

We need to start with some solid grassroots organizing. There are some very solid issues around which to do that--especially heading into the primaries. Unfortunately I don't see many signs that we have an appetite for the grunt work involved. I'd welcome being proven wrong.

tall.guy88

Ultimate Member
    Feb 9, 2013
    West Virginia
    A march should be an exclamation point in a campsign. It can't BE the campaign. You'll see that the people beyond the current children's crusade understand that. That's why you'll see more things like the students' march on Speaker Ryan's house today.

We need to start with some solid grassroots organizing. There are some very solid issues around which to do that--especially heading into the primaries. Unfortunately I don't see many signs that we have an appetite for the grunt work involved. I'd welcome being proven wrong.

There is a momentum piece to this. We had it in the Obama years. They have the ball now. We may need to allow the seas to shift in order to act. Personally I’m shocked by the anti gun hysteria that’s gotten to the level that capitulated the confederate battle flag. We need to begin working to secure our rights. Their message needs to be countered. I’m searching for how to do that.

hillbilly grandpa

Jan 26, 2013
    Arnold
    There is a momentum piece to this. We had it in the Obama years. They have the ball now. We may need to allow the seas to shift in order to act. Personally I’m shocked by the anti gun hysteria that’s gotten to the level that capitulated the confederate battle flag. We need to begin working to secure our rights. Their message needs to be countered. I’m searching for how to do that.

Begin by clarifying unifying themes/demands that growing constituencies can get energy behind. Then initiate direct action around those themes. Identify targets, keep the pressure on.

Here's a suggestion: THE fundamental demarcation between officials and the peasants (us) is that once elected, they enjoy enhanced protection that we have to pay for--while at the same time they prohibit us from providing for our own personal protection at our own cost. DEMAND: Security for ALL elected/appointed officials (senators,delegates, governor, AG, judged, etc.) be reduced to the level they give us private access to--OR--those officials repeal and/or approve laws necessary to allow us to provide for our own security at the level they currently enjoy. EQUAL SECURITY FOR ALL!!

Is that straightforward and clean enough as a focus for action? What say you?

Defense Rifle

Jul 1, 2016
    NC
    It's a much needed show of force. If the gun rights group can help organize it then there could be a viable and nationwide Pro-2A march. The anti-gun Left is emboldened and a massive pro-2A is needed to counter and influence the narrative in the media.

tall.guy88

Ultimate Member
    Feb 9, 2013
    West Virginia
    Begin by clarifying unifying themes/demands that growing constituencies can get energy behind. Then initiate direct action around those themes. Identify targets, keep the pressure on.

Here's a suggestion: THE fundamental demarcation between officials and the peasants (us) is that once elected, they enjoy enhanced protection that we have to pay for--while at the same time they prohibit us from providing for our own personal protection at our own cost. DEMAND: Security for ALL elected/appointed officials (senators,delegates, governor, AG, judged, etc.) be reduced to the level they give us private access to--OR--those officials repeal and/or approve laws necessary to allow us to provide for our own security at the level they currently enjoy. EQUAL SECURITY FOR ALL!!

Not bad. I like your point. That idea can be tied into school security.
    And a push for armed cops on campus like they had a great mills high school.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

I like where this is going.

I think we need to hit the theme of Self Defense really hard. That resonates with everyone.

But as always, I reserve the right to be wrong.

Apr 8, 2012
    Earth
    I don't think a 2A march is going to work out well. The March for Our Lives had a lot of support from the left and their sympathizers, both in money and in influence. Think about the free airfare, rides, and the promised fawning media coverage. I think I heard there were 300K people across the country. I don't see our side getting that kind of support. So think about it, if a 2A march didn't come close to that number, the left will use it fuel to drive the narrative that their side is stronger. Even if we did come close, the left will still say there was less support. I'm sure everyone has seen the BS photos comparing Obama's inauguration crowd vs Trump's as an example of this sort underhanded narrative. I would love to be wrong about this.

Gun control advocates do not have the logic or the data in their favor. That's why they have to resort to only using the emotional stage - marches, protests, op-ed's and social media. They are effectively bullying and shaming legislation through since the facts don't line up. It's the same tactic that was used to push transgender protection laws and increasing minimum wage laws.

To be honest, I don't think we can really do well on the same stage as them. There's too much mob mentally at play. Just look at how conservative speakers are shouted down on college campuses. I see the same thing in social media when someone with facts enter their echo chambers. They will not listen to reason under those conditions.

If we want to fight the culture war, acting locally, individually and in real life is prob our best bet. We got some studs hitting Annapolis on our behalf, but we can all try to a get few people in our personal lives to budge just a little and be open to doing a little research and thinking on their own. Heck, you may even get one or two to actually go shooting with you.

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    The website has a bad certificate, my work supplied iPad won’t go to it. I did see the promo clip on YouTube, this can work. I lend it some momentum and pass it around.

I was their last year with the PATRIOT PICKETS it was fun but i think they thought more would have come then did i think 500 from memory but this is number 2 Gong to need money

tall.guy88

Ultimate Member
    Feb 9, 2013
    West Virginia
    FYI- Hickok45s reply to my question about a national rally

Attachments

• 6EFD2B31-DE5D-4A2D-97EB-33BD936EEE47.jpg
      6EFD2B31-DE5D-4A2D-97EB-33BD936EEE47.jpg
      104.1 KB · Views: 211

camobob

Feb 18, 2013
    Can't say I've been a big fan of the NRA's decisions lately. Maybe this is a chance for them to have a positive impact. I get the point about about low attendance but we're in a bad spot right now. A large number of 2A/NRA types in the streets might help turn the tide.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I don't see 300,000 gun owners ever showing up in DC. Not even if free bacon was provided.

There's another thread running on here that talks about marches in all fifty state capitals. That seems more like a viable plan.

There was talk of folks needing to pull permits. The site said POCs for the specific areas would pull them.

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    The left would assure there would be violence because the thought of someone disagreeing with their propaganda is unfathomable. The left will then point to the violence at the march as proof we need to ban guns. Gun owners would be branded as racist. The media would label it a white supremacist march. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom