Family member may sell select-fire HK...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slowhand

Pre-Banned
    Dec 13, 2011
    In a van, down by the river.
    Select fire HK-94... My Bro-in-law passed away from lung cancer and diabetes. He was a retired detective. He has an HK-94 he bought new. He's had it since mid-1980's. It has 3 factory magazines and 1 aftermarket mag. It also has an Assault Systems carry case. He says he fired 2 mags thru when he got it, and none since. I think it may have had a box of rounds fired thru it, but not sure. Anyway, his wife may want to sell. I'm looking to figure how to get a value on it for her. Anybody have suggestions? I fished a little here prob 5 yrs ago and connected him with someone, but I don't have that info.
    edit: just found picts from before.

Attachments

• attachment-2.jpg
      attachment-2.jpg
      73.2 KB · Views: 277
    • attachment-1.jpg
      attachment-1.jpg
      79 KB · Views: 275
    • attachment.jpg
      attachment.jpg
      86.3 KB · Views: 278
    Last edited:

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    Call Vince at Duffy's. He is an expert with all things NFA.
    Are you sure its select fire?

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    The value will depend upon how it is registered. Registered Receiver, Sear, Trigger Box, etc. The rough range for a standard MP5 is $30-38K, again, depending upon how it is registered.

There are a handful of dealers here that can help her sell the gun. Where is she located?

Also, has the gun already been transferred through ATF to her? That would be tax free on a Form 5.

Billman

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?
    May 18, 2010
    Sykesville, MD
    I second the idea of calling Vince at Duffy's. The guys at Duffy's completely understands the process and can be trusted to execute a fair deal for you.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Low end would be a no-name registered receiver gun around $18-22k, especially if it hasn't been converted to push pin. High end would be a desirable sear like an S&H or Fleming at $30-34k on its own and then $4-8k for the HK94 host on its own or whatever they go for these days.

Is it an original 16" barrel on the HK94 or has it been chopped?

B3 Armament in Chantilly would also be a good place to ask. They move a lot of H&K stuff.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Low end would be a no-name registered receiver gun around $18-22k, especially if it hasn't been converted to push pin. High end would be a desirable sear like an S&H or Fleming at $30-34k on its own and then $4-8k for the HK94 host on its own or whatever they go for these days.
    This guy just gave you a lot of good advice. RR vs registered sear makes a HUGE difference in valuation.

dkim73

Feb 15, 2009
    My condolences to you and your family ... This was a learning experience. I never knew that those guns can go up to that much and all the nuisances of how it is registered affecting value. Wow.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    The HK94 seems to only have had a barrel chop and the trigger housing converted to allow the selector to move into the auto position. I don't think they go for as much as a completely unaltered HK94 host gun (see below about hosts). People like to convert HK94s to have tri-lugs on the barrels, so someone will still pay a lot of money for it.

I see the receiver still has the semi-auto shelf. That helps narrow it down slightly. Field strip it and pull the trigger pack out of the housing. Take pictures of what the trigger pack looks like.

Find the NFA paperwork. See who the manufacturer is and if it says it's an auto sear, trigger box, or something like that.

If it's a registered sear or registered trigger box, then determine if there's a second set of NFA paperwork for the host gun. If not, then the sear/box is currently "married" to the host gun, meaning they cannot be separated (aside from field stripping, maintenance, etc) because the HK94 would be an SBR on its own. In that case, the HK94 can still be SBR'd and the two separated to sell for more money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom