• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Would you be of the same opinion if you were a single mom living in the city who has been on edge for ~40 days since she made the move to get her HQL and buy a handgun for self defense from her crazy baby daddy?

She has come to the realization that a restraining order is just a piece of paper and gets the gut punch when a chicken shit dealer (NOT Tyler's Firearms, 2A Sales or Engage) tell her just to hang on a few more days while the MSP get it figured out because they don't feel comfortable following the law.

No one is asking dealers to break the law, skirt the law or do anything on a wink and a nod for their good old boy customers. There is a provision in the statute for just this occasion. What other legal activities are they worried about, handing out MSI brochures? This isn't even a reach down and grab your sack moment, just do what the law allows.

You know I can't put myself in that situation. If I was a single mom with an HQL, I'd have already had a shotgun for 3 years. A single mom of HQL age without a shotgun must be one of those new anti's suddenly turned wanna be gun owners. That's a poop sandwich of her own making...savor the flavor, baby, right?

How did this breakdown first happen? I'm sure MSP didn't send out a notice saying, "Tomorrow at 4:53 pm our servers are going to crash. Please prepare accordingly." I'm betting there were quite a few shops who tried to log in, got nothing, and were left on their own for a while to figure it out. Logic (not that it is applicable) would suggest that someone with a fresh off of the presses HQL should be good to go on passing a background check. I know fairly recently we had a member here post that they went through all the bs to get HQL in hand, and then got popped on the actual 77r. How TF is that possible? :banghead: Apparently, it is :shrug:

I'm not saying it is OK in anyway shape or form at this point, (yes, torches and pitchforks now) but for someone trying to pick up on the very first day it happened...meh...it's like getting delayed. Heck, I got delayed for a couple of weeks on my very first handgun purchase back when there was no HQL and it was all paper. That was a nice, "Welcome to turning 21 in MD" experience.

Last edited:

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    I was surprised to get an email from MSI saying we should abide by the MSP's request to wait.

My mistake, sorry. It was from 2A Maryland.
    2A Maryland encourages Maryland gun owners to be patient and not insist on taking delivery prior to your purchase being “not disapproved” “just because you can.”

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    You know I can't put myself in that situation. If I was a single mom with an HQL, I'd have already had a shotgun for 3 years. A single mom of HQL age without a shotgun must be one of those new anti's suddenly turned wanna be gun owners. That's a poop sandwich of her own making...savor the flavor, baby, right?

How did this breakdown first happen? I'm sure MSP didn't send out a notice saying, "Tomorrow at 4:53 pm our servers are going to crash. Please prepare accordingly." I'm betting there were quite a few shops who tried to log in, got nothing, and were left on their own for a while to figure it out. Logic (not that it is applicable) would suggest that someone with a fresh off of the presses HQL should be good to go on passing a background check. I know fairly recently we had a member here post that they went through all the bs to get HQL in hand, and then got popped on the actual 77r. How TF is that possible? :banghead: Apparently, it is :shrug:

I'm not saying it is OK in anyway shape or form at this point, (yes, torches and pitchforks now) but for someone trying to pick up on the very first day it happened...meh...it's like getting delayed. Heck, I got delayed for a couple of weeks on my very first handgun purchase back when there was no HQL and it was all paper. That was a nice, "Welcome to turning 21 in MD" experience.

You're assuming normal gun buying situations. During this pandemic/lawlessness/riot season shotguns are in short supply.

It's not hard to put yourself in the position of that single mom. I can, and F a bunch of chicken shit dealers that won't release on the 8th day.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

If it had been MSP servers that scenario might be possible, but since they weren't, that scenario fails before it even leaves the door.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    To be fair, JJ is a fixture in Annapolis, whether representing AGC or his own brand 2A Maryland however this issue is pretty cut and dried. Either you advocate for dealers following the law or you join the ranks and lick the boots of AAG Marc Bowen and the MSP when you ask for a few days to get this cluster **** worked out.

Pick wisely, it's not hard.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Fine. I give up trying to find life in the middle ground, and I don't have it in me to be outraged by everything all the time. Y'all win...burn the ffls out of business. :sad20:

attachment.php

I'll just go back to funny pictures.

cms81586

Feb 8, 2018
    You're assuming normal gun buying situations. During this pandemic/lawlessness/riot season shotguns are in short supply.

It's not hard to put yourself in the position of that single mom. I can, and F a bunch of chicken shit dealers that won't release on the 8th day.

Are they really that hard to find? My FFL offered me an practically new 870 express home defense for $250. Picking it up next week.

Attachments

• B62F843D-ECA3-44BC-9B03-5BA28BFD9490.jpg
      B62F843D-ECA3-44BC-9B03-5BA28BFD9490.jpg
      133 KB · Views: 527

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Ha! Most of the shotties we have gotten have come via consignment. Then they go out almost as fast as they come in. We did get a couple shipments of H&R Pardner pumps 3 or 4 weeks ago in both 12 and 20 ga. These were standard hunting shotguns, but Scott chopped barrels on a lot of 'em to 18.5". We received 10 in 20 ga the about 8 in 12. The 20s took 2 or 3 days to go. The 12s went in 2 days only because he had so many to chop, square up and touch-up the blue.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Are they really that hard to find? My FFL offered me an practically new 870 express home defense for $250. Picking it up next week.

That guy likes you. Most places have no defense shotguns in stock. Between high demand and COVID messing with supply chains, distributors are picked clean, too.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    DURING THE EVENING OF JUNE 28, 2020, THE MARYLAND STATE POLICE LICENSING DIVISION (MDSPLD) COMPLETED THE FINAL REGULATED FIREARM APPLICATION (77R) BACKGROUND INVESTIGATIONS THAT HAD SURPASSED THE STATUTORY SEVEN-DAY WAITING PERIOD, AS PER MD PUBLIC SAFETY ARTICLE, § 5-123(A). REGULATED FIREARM DEALERS (RFDS) ARE HEREBY ADVISED THAT THE MDSPLD IS NOW IN COMPLIANCE AND ARE COMPLETING BACKGROUND INVESTIGATIONS FOR 77RS WITHIN THE SEVEN-DAY WAITING PERIOD. RFDS SHOULD NO LONGER TRANSFER REGULATED FIREARMS WITHOUT NOTIFICATION OF A COMPLETED BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION FROM THE MDSPLD.

Dingo3

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    Fredneck
    In 2013, I had a handgun at Atlantic Guns (Rockville) that they would not release on the 8th day, but nobody was at the time. Of course it was a crazy backlog at the time. They told me that they were plaintiffs in a lawsuit against MSPLD and to just be patient. They were very nice about it and they wanted their safes cleared out as soon as the rest of us were. Needless to say; my non-disapproved came back before they won the suit. I’d recommend them as they always shoot straight (pun intended) with their clientele and they did spend time and money on that lawsuit. Just my 2 cents

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter

Who was it and are there anymore? Interesting still that the further west you go in Marylinistan the more law abiding the FFLs are and from Frederick east are mainly “CMA”. Made the mistake of getting one of my first Sigs from The Gun Center on Rosemont in Frederick. They absolutely refused to release until notified by MSP. Got a 1911 from Keystone Sporting Goods in Hagerstown and no problem. They even did the spent shell casings for me all within 8-10 days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom