• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Devil Dog

Sep 20, 2013
    If it were me. I would just submit it via paper route. If eforms come back, then you can use it for more NFA items. And if they are still on the 3 month timeline you can enjoy those while you wair for your paper forms to come back =D. Atleast this way you have something submitted

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I agree.
    Sucks, but probably the right way to go.

Pwilliams1

Apr 25, 2013
    They're running further behind with eforms now. Seems the 3 month turn around is gone. I currently have a sparrow I've been waiting on since mid November. It was filed via eform. My last one came back in about 3 months.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    They're running further behind with eforms now. Seems the 3 month turn around is gone. I currently have a sparrow I've been waiting on since mid November. It was filed via eform. My last one came back in about 3 months.

Actually it appears that they've stopped approving eforms since the site went down. It's been a week without any eForm approvals. Who knows what is going on, but it's not looking good right now.

-Jim

Pwilliams1

Apr 25, 2013
    Actually it appears that they've stopped approving eforms since the site went down. It's been a week without any eForm approvals. Who knows what is going on, but it's not looking good right now.

-Jim

Hmm. I'll give them a call Monday and ask. I thought a remember reading that the outage isn't stopping work on existing forms. I'll post their response.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia

-Jim

That would not make me happy :sad20:

Hmm. I'll give them a call Monday and ask. I thought a remember reading that the outage isn't stopping work on existing forms. I'll post their response.

Please let us know what they say.

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    That would not make me happy :sad20:

Please let us know what they say.

As of last week the NFA branch will still say they are processing forms. However no one on ar15.com or NFAtracker.com has gotten a form back since the site went down. That has never happened since eForms started coming back for the first time.

Silencershop also has an automatically generated "we are getting forms back from these dates" stats page. That page now lists eForm 4's as N/A.

-Jim

Pwilliams1

Apr 25, 2013
    Are you implying that a part of our government would lie to us??? Lol

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    As of last week the NFA branch will still say they are processing forms. However no one on ar15.com or NFAtracker.com has gotten a form back since the site went down. That has never happened since eForms started coming back for the first time.

Silencershop also has an automatically generated "we are getting forms back from these dates" stats page. That page now lists eForm 4's as N/A.

-Jim

:tdown: I finally got my form to submit properly on April 3rd, and a few days later, site goes down. I was optimistic when I saw they would still be processing submitted eForms just not accepting new ones. Ill hang on to the hope that no new approvals since site shutdown, correlates to something that happened months ago that the BATFE had to account for. Hence a time gap in approvals :lol2:

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia

-Jim

I hope you're wrong :D

:tdown: I finally got my form to submit properly on April 3rd, and a few days later, site goes down. I was optimistic when I saw they would still be processing submitted eForms just not accepting new ones. Ill hang on to the hope that no new approvals since site shutdown, correlates to something that happened months ago that the BATFE had to account for. Hence a time gap in approvals :lol2:

I hope you're right :D

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    An answer would be appreciated. FFL filed eForms for some suppressors back in March and I finally got mine submitted the week prior to the website going down. ATF sure was quick to take my money...

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    Right now, best case scenario is that the ATF is not lying and forms are being processed. I think this is likely as the NFA branch has proven themselves over and over to be good, hard working folks. My guess is that since the eForms system is down the email to let you know your form has been approved isn't able to go out.

If that is true there could be two options:
    1. As soon as the system is brought back up, a flood of approval emails will go out.
    2. The ATF decides to send out paper approvals of the eForms... I'd give them mad props if they did that.

-Jim

Last edited:

Pwilliams1

Apr 25, 2013
    Just called NFA. I was told that while the efile system is down, they're not working on efiled forms at all. There was also no estimate as to when it will be back up.

Devil Dog

Sep 20, 2013
    Just called NFA. I was told that while the efile system is down, they're not working on efiled forms at all. There was also no estimate as to when it will be back up.

Ah crap! I was probably a week or two away from several stamps! That really sucks, but thank you for the update.

Pwilliams1

Apr 25, 2013
    Ah crap! I was probably a week or two away from several stamps! That really sucks, but thank you for the update.

Me too. This gives me more time to pick a host for my sparrow, now back to shopping for a bolt action .22

Devil Dog

Sep 20, 2013
    Me too. This gives me more time to pick a host for my sparrow, now back to shopping for a bolt action .22

Yeah, I was thinking about getting a Browning Hi-Power for my Ti-Rant. Guess I'll start looking around.

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD

That's a piss poor response. A decision needs to be made (rebuild or just accept paper forms only). People that submitted eforms need to be contacted, made aware of the situation and presented with options on how to proceed.

The manner in which they're proceeding so far seems to indicate that they just want to steal the money that e-filers paid.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia

I somehow knew my first NFA experience wouldn't go smoothly.:sad20:

Thanks for the update.

IlikeNFA

Certified Gear Queer
    Aug 27, 2008
    Goodbye MD, Hello freedom
    This situation is completely FUBAR'd. There are people over on the ARF forums stating that the NFA branch has told them the opposite. I am certainly not calling pwilliams a liar, but rather NFA needs to get their shit straight. A few have also said they have had approvals sent as attachments. I bet if you called 5 times a few hours apart, youd hear several responses. What a joke...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom