• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    DURING THE EVENING OF JUNE 28, 2020, THE MARYLAND STATE POLICE LICENSING DIVISION (MDSPLD) COMPLETED THE FINAL REGULATED FIREARM APPLICATION (77R) BACKGROUND INVESTIGATIONS THAT HAD SURPASSED THE STATUTORY SEVEN-DAY WAITING PERIOD, AS PER MD PUBLIC SAFETY ARTICLE, § 5-123(A). REGULATED FIREARM DEALERS (RFDS) ARE HEREBY ADVISED THAT THE MDSPLD IS NOW IN COMPLIANCE AND ARE COMPLETING BACKGROUND INVESTIGATIONS FOR 77RS WITHIN THE SEVEN-DAY WAITING PERIOD. RFDS SHOULD NO LONGER TRANSFER REGULATED FIREARMS WITHOUT NOTIFICATION OF A COMPLETED BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION FROM THE MDSPLD.

I'm surprised they worked on it on Sunday (allegedly).

Does this mean you got your Not Disapproved yet?

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I wanna know who came up with, not disapproved. Why not just say approved or rejected

The way I heard the story was about liability. If they "approved" you to purchase a handgun and did something stupid with it, the victims could sue the state because you were "State Approved." That's just what I've heard anecdotally, but it sure sounds like MD:rolleyes:

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    So the poll tax 'qualification' card includes a back ground check.. ?

And when doing the 77r (for another background check) you must have your poll tax card on hand unless your one of those special exempt persons who does not have to have one because theoretically at some point you have already undergone multiple background checks to show your not a nut job ?

Am I missing something here ???

MDSPLD IS NOW IN COMPLIANCE

I sure was getting worried there... Cant have the rule makers breaking the rules :rolleyes:

lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    I was always told that if the MSP can't get their poop together in 7 days, on the 8th day its not the LGS problem if you get the gun and you shouldn't have. A right delayed is a right denied. The perfumed pashas of the DC counties, MSP, and MGA are not friendly to gun owners and will take every opportunity to inflict maximum discomfort.

lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    Instead of being mad at the LGS be mad at the MSP and the idiots in Annapolis who wrote the stupid laws[/QUOTE]

And that is EXACTLY who I blame. As for the MSP this is another reason no one likes them. They way the treat law abiding gun owners is shameful, as well as how they stand in the way of Maryland being shall issue.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    I initiated another transfer at the MSP on Monday July 6th. For some reason, my "Not Disapproved" email did not come until this morning Tuesday July 14th. Are they behind again? Glad that the seller was willing to release to me yesterday anyway as I would not have been able to make there today.

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    I initiated another transfer at the MSP on Monday July 6th. For some reason, my "Not Disapproved" email did not come until this morning Tuesday July 14th. Are they behind again? Glad that the seller was willing to release to me yesterday anyway as I would not have been able to make there today.
    Background checks that start on a Monday have always come back the following Tuesday. Something about them ending on a Sunday and MSP doesn't count Sunday so they extend it a day. I don't remember the exact wording, but it's been that way.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Background checks that start on a Monday have always come back the following Tuesday. Something about them ending on a Sunday and MSP doesn't count Sunday so they extend it a day. I don't remember the exact wording, but it's been that way.

Hmm. So is it still ok to release on the 8th day, or do you have to wait until the 9th day if you initiate the transfer on a Monday?

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I wanna know who came up with, not disapproved. Why not just say approved or rejected

I realize you may not want to know , but if they say you "Not Disapprove" that is implying you always could lose that .

If they say "Approved" that is more absolute and firm . They want you to know they control the game .

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    Hmm. So is it still ok to release on the 8th day, or do you have to wait until the 9th day if you initiate the transfer on a Monday?
    Legally? I'm not sure, but since it's such a minimal amount of time we haven't argued the point and just release on Tuesdays.

robmints

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2011
    Legally? I'm not sure, but since it's such a minimal amount of time we haven't argued the point and just release on Tuesdays.

If I buy on Thursday, I get the email early Thursday morning. I’m not sure I understand the Sunday thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom