• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Notice this applies to tubular magazines on .22s such as the Marlin/Glenfield Model 60 (one of the most popular .22s of all time. That rifle has been banned for years already in New Jersey.

My question is, the the law specify semi-autos? I'm wondering about the lever action Marlin Model 39.

In any case this law is Draconian. It is Tyranny.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Notice this applies to tubular magazines on .22s such as the Marlin/Glenfield Model 60 (one of the most popular .22s of all time. That rifle has been banned for years already in New Jersey.

My question is, the the law specify semi-autos? I'm wondering about the lever action Marlin Model 39.

In any case this law is Draconian. It is Tyranny.

I believe it says that those rifles with tubular magazines firing .22LR ONLY, are legal. I coud be wrong, I was reading up on this new POS law last night after work and Ibwas beat.

But, you are 100% correct. Draconian is a spot on description.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Makes me want to move to New Jersey, just so I can violate that so-called "law" a thousand times over! With the stroke of a worthless politician's pen countless citizens can become a felon overnight without even doing anything. Fact is such a politician is the one who's the real felon. It's long past time to support and defend our constitution against such domestic enemies!

Like you said, one can "...become a felon overnight without even doing anything." This is what bothers me the most. :tdown:

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    If limited to 10 rounds, looks like desert eagle sales should pickup in NJ. If limited to 10 shots, they're going to make big holes.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    It has nothing to do with controlling crime.

The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren’t enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. – Ayn Rand

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Driving through I imagine is okay as long as you follow the guidelines for transporting firearms through the state. Visiting though, I would not recommend it.

When I go home for Christmas this year, I will probably only bring revolvers back with me. I sold my only NJ compliant AR so I will bring ammo and use my friends.

Don't count on it. NJ arrested and charged people who were in compliance with FOPA.

Jake4U

Now with 67% more FJB
    Sep 1, 2018
    There's nothing I need to see and no place I want to visit north or east of PA. At this point in my life I only vacation where my permits are valid. Sucks to be a resident of NJ, but that's their choice.

My Toy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 31, 2008
    Westminster
    I wonder if there is a grace period for the law that went in to effect on 12/11 to let magazine owners to come in compliance with the law? If there is the number of magazines turned in or disposed of by the end of the grace period ( subtracted from the total estimate of magazines owned by NJ residents) will let NJ lawmakers know how much more prison space they will need to build.

Mr H

Banana'd
    THIS SHALL NOT STAND!

I stand in solidarity with our brothers and sisters in NJ who are now oppressed by this ridiculous and unconstitutional law.

I see this opening a door for the GA in Maryland, particularly in light of the coming "buyback" in Baltimore, which includes +10 magazines.

Why else would they be offering such an out of scale payment, if not to tout a "success", and to claim that people really don't want such 'dangerous things' anyway??

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    I wonder if there is a grace period for the law that went in to effect on 12/11 to let magazine owners to come in compliance with the law? If there is the number of magazines turned in or disposed of by the end of the grace period ( subtracted from the total estimate of magazines owned by NJ residents) will let NJ lawmakers know how much more prison space they will need to build.

I think the goose egg that gets turned in will provide a sufficient assessment for them.

jbrown50

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2014
    DC
    Judge Stephanos Bibas, a Trump appointee, was the sole judge who opposed the ban. The ruling treats the Second Amendment as protecting second-class rights, unequal with other rights, he argued. He wrote, “The Second Amendment is an equal part of the Bill of Rights. We must treat the right to keep and bear arms like other enumerated rights, as the Supreme Court insisted in Heller [the decision which struck down D.C.'s repressive laws]. We may not water it down and balance it away based on our own sense of wise policy.”

It's ironic that Judge Bibas points to the SCOTUS's Heller decision as an example of why the 2A is an equal part of the Bill Of Rights yet DC has a ten round magazine limit as well. The anti gun folks know what they can get away with and will keep pushing the envelope......until the SCOTUS accepts a case and rules against them.

Kimber45

Jan 14, 2011
    Whiteford
    vmssw6.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom