• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baberuth

Babe Ruth
    Sep 1, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Want to start in saying that this is my first BB Gun ever - kind of jumped over BB stage to actual handguns and rifles. Bought because figure I will never be able to get an automatic weapon, especially a historic German MP-40. So this was nice 2nd best choice for $229 I can shoot in backyard.
    I was wondering if anyone else has bought this Umarex MP-40 Semi-Auto BB Gun? It is unbelievably realistic looking, all metal, blowback reciever action, weathered finish with leather strap, weight, sights and an accurate shooter. Love the gun but it really will only shoot approx 25 BB's .177 450 fps semi or auto fire because it jams at 52 advertised level. Wondering if anyone has a fix for this perhaps to get more bottle/can devistation before reloading. umarex-legends-mp40-weathered-w-leather-strap-4.gif.jpg

Sundazes

My brain hurts
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I have on of the 92FS's. It is a hoot to shoot.
    Be careful, I think firing bb guns is illegal in Baltimore County.

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    Can’t help you with your’s but I just got this Crossman DPMS a couple weeks ago. It’s fun to shoot but reloading it sucks as their speed loader jams up a lot. Semi and full auto and it takes down just like a real AR. I got it on sale for $150 and I have been interested in it for some months but wasn’t released until recently.

Attachments

• BC6EA174-1A00-48C4-BA4A-7BB454EBA65A.jpg
      BC6EA174-1A00-48C4-BA4A-7BB454EBA65A.jpg
      65 KB · Views: 594
    • 3094ECFF-03B6-47D3-BB32-A2D8C72ECB9B.jpg
      3094ECFF-03B6-47D3-BB32-A2D8C72ECB9B.jpg
      72.9 KB · Views: 549

baberuth

Babe Ruth
    Sep 1, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Yeah, thanks for heads-up. I called Baltimore County Police Timonium to ask about BB AND Pellet air guns being illegal - heard same from friend. Police on duty said they would only come if someone complains. I commented that two CO2 cartridge air powered metal BB gun firing is hammer banging “loud” , officer commented it does not approach a .22 firing. Officer said to be safe with any gun and I have nothing to worry about. I said are you sure and he said have fun.
    I know it’s all verbal, but does seem rather petty that BB guns illegal to shoot. I am on an acre, not biggest, but not too close to neighbors.
    Bought a .177 pellet/BB TArget Trap for my basement as well for winter.

baberuth

Babe Ruth
    Sep 1, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Thanks! I am getting into the Airgun world having bought now four in past few months - Crossman break barrel pellet, Crossman AR Pump pellet/BB, Daisy Sig-like CO2 handgun & Umarex CO2 MP-40. Lots of fun with 11 & 12 yr olds as well - teaching gun safety. Just curious (hope not a stupid question) - does the Timonium Gun Shows have Airgun Dealers? I never noticed, but been looking for traditional regulated firearms. Using Pyramid Air & Dicks Hunt Valley so far for purchases.

Pushrod

Master Blaster
    Aug 8, 2007
    WV High Country
    Want to start in saying that this is my first BB Gun ever - kind of jumped over BB stage to actual handguns and rifles. Bought because figure I will never be able to get an automatic weapon, especially a historic German MP-40. So this was nice 2nd best choice for $229 I can shoot in backyard.
    I was wondering if anyone else has bought this Umarex MP-40 Semi-Auto BB Gun? It is unbelievably realistic looking, all metal, blowback reciever action, weathered finish with leather strap, weight, sights and an accurate shooter. Love the gun but it really will only shoot approx 25 BB's .177 450 fps semi or auto fire because it jams at 52 advertised level. Wondering if anyone has a fix for this perhaps to get more bottle/can devistation before reloading. View attachment 247077

Where did you purchase that from? I would love to get one!

arbud

Jan 27, 2008
    Towson
    Couple of questions.
    Can you buy one and have just mailed to your house or an ffl. Is a 52 bb mag legal to buy in MD.
    They do look like fun.

redeye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 13, 2019
    Couple of questions.
    Can you buy one and have just mailed to your house or an ffl. Is a 52 bb mag legal to buy in MD.
    They do look like fun.

Comes to your door. No restriction on BB capacity as it’s not a firearm accessory.

Allium

Senior Keyboard Operator
    Feb 10, 2007
    maybe brand of bb is issue> saw this on a site -

Please Note: Do not use with Smart Shot BBs as it will cause the airgun to jam. For best results, do not fill more than 40-45 BBs at a time. Overfilling can cause jams.
    also - Please Note: Do not use Air Venturi or H&N Smart Shot BB's, as they will fail to feed through the magazine for this specific model

GHETTO BLASTER

May 27, 2013
    I have on of the 92FS's. It is a hoot to shoot.
    Be careful, I think firing bb guns is illegal in Baltimore County.

I've asked two different western precinct officers in my neighborhood and both said no big deal. They both told me if i was concerned to call the precinct and let them know where i was and if anyone called it in they would let them know it was just a bb gun.They were both random officers, not associated with me in any way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom