• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steveh326

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2012
    Mt. Airy
    filled out a 77R yesterday... I don't remember this question on the 77R I filled out a couple months ago, but I could be wrong. Is this a new question or did I just not pay attention to it last time?

16. Are you a legal user of cannabis (marijuana) for medical purposes or are you issued a valid medical cannabis identification number or a valid medical cannabis identification card?

not that it makes any difference to me, but am just curious. FYI, this is a disqualification if it's Y.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    It’s a trap!!

I laughed when someone told me that the E-harmony dating questionnaire asks if you are married.

[questionnaire disconnect, do not proceed]

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    It'll be interesting to see how this Medical MJ/Firearms Ownership thing develops. Looks as if Hawaii has backtracked a bit.

If you tell the truth regarding 16, you probably won't get a gun.

If you lie on 16, the state will know it because they have Medical MJ cards in their database.

The real question is will the state start cross referencing prior firearm ownership information with new Medical MJ card information. Resulting in possible firearm confiscation.

Tough nut to crack. With the state asking you for information that could be used for self incrimination. This becomes even trickier when a state doctor issues someone a state sanctioned MMJ card.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Its not a tough nut, federal law is pretty clear on this. Don't get a Medical MJ and a gun. Enforcement is not a tough nut either - its a question of priority and resources.

What I would worry about, legally, is constructive possession. This is less clear. If a family member has a Medical MJ card and there are guns in the home, this is a recipe for an expensive test case. It is possible to fail a drug test from secondhand smoke (although rare perhaps).

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    That question showrd up on the 77R around the same time as the updated Fed 4473 came out (emphasizing that the dtug is illegal undet Fedetal law)

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Even if it were legal in MD, it's a Federal prohibitor.

Not answering truthfully or answering yes screws you either way.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    Yep, had to answer this question for a transfer I did two weeks ago. Hope pot addicts out there enjoy losing their civil rights.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    My quandary is this: Does the state tell folks applying for medicinal pot cards that they are forfeiting their rights?

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Filled out the paperwork on my new FNX-45 tonight (thx Dan & Joel @ BB Pawn) and you’re correct - it’s a new question (or at least a revised question). Luckily I don’t have the glaucoma so next Saturday I’ll get my new baby outta time-out....

FPL53

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2013
    Frederick
    My quandary is this: Does the state tell folks applying for medicinal pot cards that they are forfeiting their rights?

NO, they do not!

There is a Green Doc's office within walking distance of my house. I decided to walk in there and ask them all sorts of questions, also letting them know part of my qualifying medical issues, and they kept telling me I'm good to go. All I need to do is schedule an appointment with their in house Dr., and then pay their $250 bill. I kept asking them about any legal consequences or ramifications within the state and they kept saying no. I even kept leading them to that it doesn't adhere to federal laws. They also said due to HIPAA no one will know and it's against the law for anyone to ask. I then told them I "heard" MSP asks for medical records if you want to buy a hand gun. They said that is not correct because it is against federal law to ask that.

At that point I said, do you see your own irony, you say the state CAN'T ask you for any HIPAA info because it's against FEDERAL law but you can sell weed because the STATE says you can even though that's against FEDERAL law? The blank looks on their faces was amazing.

And no, I did not give them my name or any other personal info other than my one qualifying medical condition so they would answer my questions.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    NO, they do not!

There is a Green Doc's office within walking distance of my house. I decided to walk in there and ask them all sorts of questions, also letting them know part of my qualifying medical issues, and they kept telling me I'm good to go. All I need to do is schedule an appointment with their in house Dr., and then pay their $250 bill. I kept asking them about any legal consequences or ramifications within the state and they kept saying no. I even kept leading them to that it doesn't adhere to federal laws. They also said due to HIPAA no one will know and it's against the law for anyone to ask. I then told them I "heard" MSP asks for medical records if you want to buy a hand gun. They said that is not correct because it is against federal law to ask that.

At that point I said, do you see your own irony, you say the state CAN'T ask you for any HIPAA info because it's against FEDERAL law but you can sell weed because the STATE says you can even though that's against FEDERAL law? The blank looks on their faces was amazing.

And no, I did not give them my name or any other personal info other than my one qualifying medical condition so they would answer my questions.

But you waive your HIPPA rights on the 77r part 3 for them to look into your mental health records, if any are on file with DHMH. I have a box of "WTF ARE YOU THINKING" for anybody that thinks the medical MJ card information isn't in in a database with MD DHMH.

FPL53

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2013
    Frederick
    But you waive your HIPPA rights on the 77r part 3 for them to look into your mental health records, if any are on file with DHMH. I have a box of "WTF ARE YOU THINKING" for anybody that thinks the medical MJ card information isn't in in a database with MD DHMH.

That was the point I was trying to make with them while trying to hide the fact I was a gun owner.

Unfortunately, these quacks that own these Dr. shops don't know their heads from their asses except for which strains will get you higher than others and how to get your card. They know nothing else about any other laws or regulations. I've done the question answer thing at both the ones at Monocacy Shopping center and Westview Shopping Center off of Rt. 85. They are solely there to sign your papers and collect their $250. They will not even see you as a follow up patient for your illness, they will tell you to see your standard primary care physician. I do wonder if the other medical mj states are the same when it comes to which Dr.'s can sign the mj card paperwork.

Have I mentioned how much I hate this state.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    I witnessed a denial today. Awkward situation when the purchaser got the news. Now I wonder when MSP shows up at the door to confiscate the rest of their goodness...:sad20:

Petar

Nov 18, 2010
    Nevermind the dope question... I was set back by the signature line. It reads "Transferee/Voluntary Registrant "

How in the F is filling the 77r Voluntary? Has anyone tried crossing out Voluntary Registrant to see if It's truly voluntary

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom