• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dec 7, 2018
    Hello everyone. I recently was granted an expungement for an old battery conviction from 23 years ago. I went to court last month and the case has been removed from case search already. Could anyone here suggest when it would be best to apply for my HQL? I want to apply now but after doing some reading here on the subject matter I was thinking i should wait a while.

marvelouzone

Aug 9, 2018
    Would I have to just upload the court order along with my home training certificate and lives an fingerprints?
    I guess that would work, in my case they denied me, even though it wasnt a disqualifyer, and I went up to hand deliver my appeal papers the next day, someone met with me and said they would have the person in charge of making the final decision look it over and within 2 hours i got a call saying it had been approved.

Dec 7, 2018
    If you have court documentation to back up your claim that the expungement is official, you can apply right now.
    Make sure you have a copy of the court order.

Can the Expungement order be submitted online or would I have to hand deliver it to the licensing division at MSP? Please enlighten me on the process.

Dec 7, 2018
    I just wanna make sure I do everything right the first time so I don’t get denied. I jumped through enough hoops getting this expungement. The other reason I asked is because I haven’t started the Hql application yet but when I took my hql class i realized that you don’t upload any document but there’s a place on the application where you put the instructor’s license number and and your live scan number.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I just wanna make sure I do everything right the first time so I don’t get denied. I jumped through enough hoops getting this expungement. The other reason I asked is because I haven’t started the Hql application yet but when I took my hql class i realized that you don’t upload any document but there’s a place on the application where you put the instructor’s license number and and your live scan number.

Yes, the instructor will sign off that you successfully passed the course.

The MSP will call the instructor and leave a message reminding the instructor to login, if he/she hasn't logged into the system in a while.

You might want to give your instructor a heads up when you apply for the HQL.

Dec 7, 2018
    Yes, the instructor will sign off that you successfully passed the course.

The MSP will call the instructor and leave a message reminding the instructor to login, if he/she hasn't logged into the system in a while.

You might want to give your instructor a heads up when you apply for the HQL.

Just trying to figure out how to get my expungement order to MSP in case the expungement process isn’t finished.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Just trying to figure out how to get my expungement order to MSP in case the expungement process isn’t finished.

From the few people who have posted here who've been through this the answer I think 1-upload the doc 2- if denied show them the paperwork again. #1 should be sufficient. But paperwork can be overlooked, its never a guarantee. Especially since its rare. So be prepared for #2.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    We're still waiting to hear which strip club is yours.

This ^^ and this

attachment.php

Dec 7, 2018
    From the few people who have posted here who've been through this the answer I think 1-upload the doc 2- if denied show them the paperwork again. #1 should be sufficient. But paperwork can be overlooked, its never a guarantee. Especially since its rare. So be prepared for #2.

Ok thanks danb. I’ll go with that. And thanks to everyone else who responded. I don’t quite get the strip club thing but thanks to you all.

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    They may email you and get you to reply with attached documents. That's how they handled my training exempt documentation.

Dec 7, 2018
    Well, I got my CJIS report in the mail today and the expungement process haven't reached them yet i guess. I completed the HQL application on 12/21/18 and on 12/27/18, Status is pending and everything is showing complete except for CJIS, NICS, JIS, Secure case search and Secondary Review Complete. I uploaded my expungement order for that 23 year old battery conviction and my question is will MSP go by what's on CJIS or take in consideration my expungement order documentation? Anybody that may have been down this road please share your thoughts.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Well, I got my CJIS report in the mail today and the expungement process haven't reached them yet i guess. I completed the HQL application on 12/21/18 and on 12/27/18, Status is pending and everything is showing complete except for CJIS, NICS, JIS, Secure case search and Secondary Review Complete. I uploaded my expungement order for that 23 year old battery conviction and my question is will MSP go by what's on CJIS or take in consideration my expungement order documentation? Anybody that may have been down this road please share your thoughts.

If they don't update the CJIS database, you will have to go back to court to get a court order, that orders them to make the change, or be held in contempt of court.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom