Go Back   Maryland Shooters > The Marketplace > Wanted to Buy
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 12th, 2018, 08:46 PM #11
Patriot's Avatar
Patriot Patriot is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Harford co.
Posts: 439
Patriot Patriot is offline
Member
Patriot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Harford co.
Posts: 439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbob2.0 View Post
back in my youth I did stuff like that. Not so much anymore. Used to have heated seats in my YJ. They were nice on cool fall and spring days.

Hoping to put my hard top on this weekend, still need to get the dealer to wire up the wiper and sprayer. When buying a Jeep always buy the hardtop and buy a softop separately if you can. Its a major PITA to go the other way. MOPAR makes a fairly plug and play kit but still requires a dealer flash.
Yeah I'm finding the JK to be no where near as diy friendly as my TJ was.
__________________
Member NRA, MSI, SAF
Patriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2018, 09:17 PM #12
Solman Solman is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Howard County
Posts: 8
Solman Solman is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Howard County
Posts: 8
I have a CJ in restoration, and I had an installer put in heaters in both front seats for $250 including the element. I didnít want to take off the covers and not be able to make it perfect. I think if you have seat covers you can just put it in between. I did not use these in my CJ, but I may put them in my daughters TJ.

https://www.quadratec.com/products/2...SABEgIzefD_BwE
Solman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2018, 09:36 PM #13
Jimbob2.0 Jimbob2.0 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 14,976
Images: 27
Jimbob2.0 Jimbob2.0 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 14,976
Images: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot View Post
Yeah I'm finding the JK to be no where near as diy friendly as my TJ was.
Ya but they are a lot better than the JLs are. Those things have way to many electronics to go wrong. Every generation gets more complicated. I miss my YJ, my TJ currently has a plow hanging on it at my property back home.

Its actually one of the reasons I bought one of the last of the JKUs (kids and dogs necessitated 4 doors) a lot simpler than the JL and doesn't have the teething pains that they are going through with new designs, suppliers etc. My hard top fitting was a plus and its not body matched which I never understood to begin with.

The most complicated think on my CJ8 is the carter carb!

My father just dragged home a couple CJ-2As for a project talk about simple. I think a speedometer was optional!

Here is one that looks very reasonable. Always makes you feel better seeing it on the vehicle so its not "hot". https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/...746906592.html

Takes firearms in trade.
Jimbob2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2018, 12:29 PM #14
Patriot's Avatar
Patriot Patriot is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Harford co.
Posts: 439
Patriot Patriot is offline
Member
Patriot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Harford co.
Posts: 439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbob2.0 View Post
Ya but they are a lot better than the JLs are. Those things have way to many electronics to go wrong. Every generation gets more complicated. I miss my YJ, my TJ currently has a plow hanging on it at my property back home.

Its actually one of the reasons I bought one of the last of the JKUs (kids and dogs necessitated 4 doors) a lot simpler than the JL and doesn't have the teething pains that they are going through with new designs, suppliers etc. My hard top fitting was a plus and its not body matched which I never understood to begin with.

The most complicated think on my CJ8 is the carter carb!

My father just dragged home a couple CJ-2As for a project talk about simple. I think a speedometer was optional!

Here is one that looks very reasonable. Always makes you feel better seeing it on the vehicle so its not "hot". https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/...746906592.html

Takes firearms in trade.
Yeah we bought ours when we did because we knew we didn't want a JL. I've even heard a few anecdotal accounts of JLs seemingly spontaneously combusting and burning to the ground. It wouldn't surprise me with all the electronics and the way Jeeps are treated at times.

Thank you for the link and PM. The top was off of a 2008 and after a little digging it doesn't sound like first couple of years of JK tops will bolt up to the new ones.
__________________
Member NRA, MSI, SAF
Patriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2018, 12:50 PM #15
CrazySanMan's Avatar
CrazySanMan CrazySanMan is offline
2013'er
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Colorful Colorado
Posts: 8,872
CrazySanMan CrazySanMan is offline
2013'er
CrazySanMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Colorful Colorado
Posts: 8,872
This is a good universal aftermarket seat heater that is easy to install. It's recommended and used extensively on the Toyota 4x4 forums and everyone loves it. It's $42.

Dorman Universal Seat Heater Kit

__________________
My YouTube Channel: Chicken River Offroad
CrazySanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2018, 01:07 PM #16
Patriot's Avatar
Patriot Patriot is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Harford co.
Posts: 439
Patriot Patriot is offline
Member
Patriot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Harford co.
Posts: 439
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazySanMan View Post
This is a good universal aftermarket seat heater that is easy to install. It's recommended and used extensively on the Toyota 4x4 forums and everyone loves it. It's $42.

Dorman Universal Seat Heater Kit

Thanks for the link. It looks like a solid product.
__________________
Member NRA, MSI, SAF
Patriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2018, 10:58 PM #17
Jimbob2.0 Jimbob2.0 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 14,976
Images: 27
Jimbob2.0 Jimbob2.0 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 14,976
Images: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot View Post
Yeah we bought ours when we did because we knew we didn't want a JL. I've even heard a few anecdotal accounts of JLs seemingly spontaneously combusting and burning to the ground. It wouldn't surprise me with all the electronics and the way Jeeps are treated at times.

Thank you for the link and PM. The top was off of a 2008 and after a little digging it doesn't sound like first couple of years of JK tops will bolt up to the new ones.
That's interesting I thought they were the same, they certainly are dimensionally but I heard some rumbling on a Jeep forum about changes in guide pin locations.
Jimbob2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Home Page > Forum List > The Marketplace > Wanted to Buy


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
© 2018, Congregate Media, LP Privacy Policy Terms of Service