• Feb 28, 2013
    Say WHaT?!? :wtf: :shocked2:

No rifles? Time for an intervention. :innocent0

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Yes, I know. I have a lot of catch-up to do . Unfortunately the wallet doesn't cooperate.

I think next on the list is a shotgun.

Just got home from the pistol range. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but there's definitely something screwing me up. More practice is in order. I think I'll go again on Sunday.

Feb 28, 2013
    Just got home from the pistol range. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but there's definitely something screwing me up. More practice is in order. I think I'll go again on Sunday.

How are you supposedly screwing up?

pilotguy299

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2010
    FredNeck County, MD

What's frustrating is that it is extremely difficult to find a place to train in this state. While I enjoy shooting, my main reason for visiting the range is not to have fun but to maintain, and where possible, improve my skill set. If you train in a particular fashion your performance in real life will reflect that training. Firing one round, pausing for two seconds, firing another round and so forth while standing in the open, not moving, not seeking cover etc will get you killed in a gunfight. I work in an area where the chances that I will be engaged in a gunfight are very high. Almost every Officer that I work with who has twenty or more years on the job has shot at least one person and most have been in multiple gunfights. For me the question is not if I'm going to be engaged in a gun battle, it's when. For that reason I try to keep my shooting skills as sharp as possible. Here in Maryland that's tough to do.

We had BeamHit at work, and some people used it pretty regularly. A few even picked up their own AirSoft gear to use for practicing at home. Some used their teenagers to practice with. :innocent0

Not quite the same, but better than nothing.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Much better day. Didn't let Friday get in my head and did pretty good. I could have shot all day except…I ran out of ammo.

smithrhjr

Feb 27, 2016
    Westminster
    Shorten shoot time

I don't shoot rifle often, but I'm usually done in 20 minutes. If they changed the time to 20 minutes on crowded days, that would make the turn around faster.

mdbassplayer

Feb 1, 2017
    Heck of a thread necro but...

NO the wait times are not any better. If you want to shoot on a nice day you better be there by 9:15 or so or hope that people clear out in the afternoon and arrive late.

I have only once seen them ask people to give up a lane (and it was asking me and my friend to give it up even though the solo guy in the next lane wasn't leaving any time soon and openly said he was going to be there all day). I guess it might happen other times but its not obvious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom