Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues
Don't Have An Account? Register Here

Join MD Shooters

Old August 12th, 2019, 07:53 PM #481

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_an_outlaw View Post
I can't even watch the news. I either a hate monger, a white supremest, or or racist. It's getting a bit old. Thank goodness football season is near.
Football? Right smh fred55
Old August 12th, 2019, 07:54 PM #482

Pittman is a horse’s ass. Prances about trying to whine about gun control in a county without a real violence problem; while passing tax increases and trying to force in Section 8 to make us more crime ridden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RepublicOfFranklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2019, 08:37 PM #483
My hair is amazing

My hair is amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_an_outlaw View Post
I can't even watch the news. I either a hate monger, a white supremest, or or racist. It's getting a bit old.
I’m getting a little sick of it too. I look inside myself to try to find my racism, and can’t find anyone.
MSRPA BOD
I touched Heller.....
teratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2019, 11:51 PM #484

Quote:
Originally Posted by teratos View Post
I’m getting a little sick of it too. I look inside myself to try to find my racism, and can’t find anyone.
Out of curiosity I did a web search on your sentence in bold to see if it was a song lyric. The top hit was this help article at the PurposeFairy.com. Hmmm...was it a song lyric or are you needing a self-help guru?

#WeWillNotComply
PowPow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2019, 05:22 AM #485
My hair is amazing

My hair is amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowPow View Post
Out of curiosity I did a web search on your sentence in bold to see if it was a song lyric. The top hit was this help article at the PurposeFairy.com. Hmmm...was it a song lyric or are you needing a self-help guru?
Hmmm. Maybe I need a self help guru?
MSRPA BOD
I touched Heller.....
Old August 13th, 2019, 09:06 AM #486
Certified Mad Scientist

Certified Mad Scientist

Subconscious plagiarism…. Teratos must be ready to run for office
Doctor_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2019, 10:37 AM #487

credit to Keith Shannon on a piece done for Quora

"Why do people believe there are 20,000 gun laws in the US?

Because there are.

Just at the Federal level, you have laws defining terms as basic as what a “firearm”, “pistol”, “rifle”, “shotgun” etc. are (and they aren’t always intuitive; black-powder rifles are in fact not “firearms” under Federal law), more laws prescribing the licensing and permitting of people or companies that make, sell, repair, or modify firearms and what they can or cannot do, then laws making it a crime to do various things specifically relating to firearms. The ATF as a Federal agency is defined, and its policies, procedures, rules and regulations are codified as Title 27 of the Code of Federal Regulations (with some older regulations, from back when the ATF’s predecessor agencies were tax collectors under what’s now the IRS, in Title 26). Chapter 1 of this Title, by itself, is 886 printed pages long as of 2006. That’s only 39 sections of the Title. Going by the price to print these codes by the GPO, Chapter 2 is roughly double the size, Chapter 3 about half the size, so we’re talking somewhere on the order of 3,000 total pages of regulatory law on the topics of alcohol, tobacco and firearms. Let's assume just for argument that the “firearms" portion constitutes a third of that code, the other two thirds being for “Alcohol” and “Tobacco”; that is a thousand pages of regulatory law dealing with a single agency of the Federal Government directly concerned with firearms.

That’s not counting Title 18 Chapter 44 of the US Code, the legislated statutory law concerning firearms, consisting of 15 sections and subsections each with up to two dozen paragraphs, each of which can have hundreds of clauses. Section 922 is basically everything an ordinary person can do to land themselves in a Federal prison for doing something they shouldn’t with a firearm, without anyone getting hurt. It consists of 26 subsections (literally A through Z) each with multiple indexed paragraphs and clauses.

Then there’s State laws. Just in Texas, TPC Chapter 46 defines the crimes you can commit just by having a weapon in your possession. Chapter 19 covers homicide, Chapter 20 covers kidnapping and Chapter 22 covers assaults while Chapter 29 covers robbery (all of which are “aggravated” by the display of a deadly weapon), Chapter 30 deals with trespassing including trespass with a firearm, Chapter 9 covers justification for the use of force including deadly force, and TGC Chapter 411 covers licensing of individuals to carry concealed. Provisions of the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Code also apply to firearm ownership and use, specifically the carry of weapons into a TABC-licensed business with or without a permit. And that’s not to mention the Texas Parks and Wildlife Code, officially Title 31 of the larger Texas Administrative Code, which covers training and licensing of hunters, acceptable weapons, means and methods, and open seasons and bag limits for dozens of game species as well as lists of protected and semi-protected species.

That's the bulk of one state’s laws on the topic of firearms. And a fairly gun-friendly state to boot, one which pre-empts most local laws on the topic. One area that isn’t pre-empted is the discharge of firearms, and practically every city and incorporated area has an ordinance restricting or banning the discharge of firearms. Other states do not have full pre-emption, like New York, Colorado, and Illinois, and cities within the State have adopted their own laws that override State law within that area where they differ. NYC's laws overriding State law on the subject of firearms ownership and carry is notorious in itself, as is Chicago's and those of outlying bedroom communities.

Add in the laws of 49 other states, plus all city and county ordinances (which are separate laws because they apply to separate jurisdictions; I can’t be charged with violating a gunfire ordinance from Harris County if I’ve never even been there, even if Tarrant County has an identical provision), plus binding case law, and given all this I think 20,000 codified laws and regulations regarding the purchase, ownership, use and disposal of firearms by ordinary civilians in various jurisdictions of the United States is an under-estimate."

This is a piece written by an author that has done a fairly balanced look at the total laws related to guns.

If you just go by his assumptions there could be many more on the books.

Any one that wants to verify you can go to Quora and type in "How many gun laws are in the United States"
DivingDriver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2019, 06:28 PM #488
TV Personality

TV Personality

The media arm of the Task Farce, otherwise known as the Cap Gazette, was at it again today.

Those bad, bad boys and girls from the Patriot Picket are just hurting everybody's feelings doncha know.

Might want to read it before you sit down for supper.

https://www.capitalgazette.com/opini...53i-story.html

FTA:
Quote:
Chamblee has used inflammatory rhetoric that can make even those who agree with her flinch. But suggestions from the Patriot Picket leadership that this makes her fair game for a campaign of bullying is proof that even if they are within their rights to say horrible things — they’re simply a bunch of jerks.
Old August 13th, 2019, 06:46 PM #489
Cynical Smartass

Cynical Smartass

damn. I have some spare time in Maryland coming up...
Trump uses Twitter like a laser pointer. Democrats are the cats.
Glaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2019, 07:33 PM #490
My hair is amazing

My hair is amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor_M View Post
Subconscious plagiarism…. Teratos must be ready to run for office
Poor people and white people might vote for me.
MSRPA BOD
I touched Heller.....

Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues

Tags
anne arundel, gun rights, task farce, task force