• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    I am leaning towards the Rugged Radiant.
    I think that's a great choice for a do it all kind of .30 cal can. Rugged makes great products and their customer service is excellent.

One warning: Rugged wrench flats can be a bit frustrating. I had to buy a set of hardened thin crows foot wrenches to get a muzzle brake of theirs mounted correctly. Their flash hider is easier to mount though. Does a good job and doesn't ring. Not sure about the lightweight device they include with the radiant.

Also PVA makes an aftermarket brake that is pretty good if you want something precision oriented that you don't need to time:

https://patriotvalleyarms.com/self-timing-rugged-suppressor-mount/

I have one and it is nice.

Dovk0802

Sep 20, 2017
    DC
    To offer an alternative; while my use of 5.56 is limited, I was more concerned with moving between rifles, overall length, and on AR's reducing blowback so, I went with the Amtac 7.62CQBm, it's a direct thread over the barrel design. It rotates between M&P10 (only adds 3/4” to original length), SBR in 300BO, TC Contender in .30-30 and I had the .223 barrel threaded for 5/8x24, Mauser 95 scout in 7.62 NATO, I just got a Ruger Ranch in 7.62x39, I put a thread adapter on my SU-16 (but admittedly this is less than ideal). Next on my shopping list is the Rugged Micro 30, which will be my primary .556 host for guns that the Amtac won't work with: AR's w/o enough room & Tavor. Amtac has great customer service: the thread on my barrel wasn't cut right and the can got stuck - they not only removed the can, they recut the barrel and sent everything back to me with a T-shirt apologizing for the trouble.

Attachments

• M&P10.jpg
      M&P10.jpg
      71 KB · Views: 131
    • SBR 300blk w Amtac.jpg
      SBR 300blk w Amtac.jpg
      71.5 KB · Views: 146
    • TC Contender 30-30 w Amtac.jpg
      TC Contender 30-30 w Amtac.jpg
      72.9 KB · Views: 122
    • Mauser 95 w Amtac.jpg
      Mauser 95 w Amtac.jpg