• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • torched02

Rottie's Rule!
    May 6, 2013
    $$$$ amounts should never be offered on any of the apps. He did not ask me at all about $$$$ amounts and the bank letter did not mention any $$$$ amounts.

Funny my interview he did ask about deposits and the avg. amount deposited, and frequency of the deposits. He was not interested in any "other" financial transactions that you were speaking of. Clearly one size does not fit all.......

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    What paperwork did other business owners provide at the interview? I far exceeded the requirements for number of deposits and purchase receipts with my application so there is definitely not an issue with meeting the standards as published by MSP. Should I bring this and more to the interview? Or is the interview more Q & A?

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    What paperwork did other business owners provide at the interview? I far exceeded the requirements for number of deposits and purchase receipts with my application so there is definitely not an issue with meeting the standards as published by MSP. Should I bring this and more to the interview? Or is the interview more Q & A?

The interview I did was via phone. They were standard questions.

Do you drink

Do you have a substance abuse

Things like that. He did ask what I was going to carry.

iHasCrabs

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2011
    Blue POint Crab House
    Application delivered yesterday, check cashed today.

I did make a boneheaded move and left out both my traders licenses from the application :banghead: but I emailed them and attached a copy for each store and I had a very quick and helpful response. They accepted the emailed copies and were going to add them to my application for me. With how swamped they are the response was unbelievably fast(about an hour) and super helpful. Very happy with how the process started, the secretary was also very helpful when I dropped off my application in the morning and she was swamped too.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo

I did make a boneheaded move and left out both my traders licenses from the application :banghead: but I emailed them and attached a copy for each store and I had a very quick and helpful response. They accepted the emailed copies and were going to add them to my application for me. With how swamped they are the response was unbelievably fast(about an hour) and super helpful. Very happy with how the process started, the secretary was also very helpful when I dropped off my application in the morning and she was swamped too.

Hopefully it goes well for the both of us and the others that have applied recently. :thumbsup:

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland

They answer in spurts. It took me 3 days to get a response several times, and on other days less than one.

Alexp08

May 16, 2013
    Has anyone got approved for one that dosnt own a business or make substantial deposits? I want to apply but i dont fit into any of the 6 criteria per se. Naturally im looking for personal protection, however i have not had any threats to self. There has been recent bank robberies and stabbings in the local area, does that apply?

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Has anyone got approved for one that dosnt own a business or make substantial deposits? I want to apply but i dont fit into any of the 6 criteria per se. Naturally im looking for personal protection, however i have not had any threats to self. There has been recent bank robberies and stabbings in the local area, does that apply?

Save your money, you ain't getting one.

JMangle

Handsome Engineer
    May 11, 2008
    Mississippi
    Sorry for the late update, but I got my carry permit.

I did an informal review and got is based on the fact that my fiancee opened a business and I transport the money.

Restricted permit is better than nothing.

Maybe in a few years I'll be able to ask them to remove the restrictions.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo

I did an informal review and got is based on the fact that my fiancee opened a business and I transport the money.

CONGRATULATIONS! How long from application until interview and from interview until issuance? What do your restrictions read?

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County

Hopefully the Supreme Court will make those restrictions null and void.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom