• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HD1200S

May 6, 2013
    I am located in So. MD. and I am building my first Rem 700. I would like to have the receiver and bolt blueprinted and the bolt lugs lapped. Are there any local gunsmiths that can perform these tasks? Please fill me in.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    The other option is to send it out.

I have used Short Action Customs in Ohio and Long Rifles Inc in ND for rifle work. Great, fast service from both.

T48

Mar 5, 2018
    Anne Arundel Co.
    I would call Cambridge Gunsmith in Cambridge Md or Scott’s Gunsmithing in Glen Burnie. Both have done work for me and they both have talent gunsmith

Cuttyfunk

Dec 17, 2015
    Eddie Harren. On my second rifle from him. 223 consistently shoots quarter moa. Only have 20 rounds on my 7 RM and printed a 2" group at 500 yds.

fscwi

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2012
    How about a recommendation for someone that can work with older weapons? I have a couple WWII era handguns that need some attention. I'm in NW DC but would be willing to drive some. Atlantic Guns in Silver Spring is not an option.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Also, if you haven't bought your receiver yet, it is actually cheaper to buy an after market receiver, than to buy a Rem receiver and have it blueprinted.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Another vote for Ed "Doc" Harren. He is both an excellent gunsmith and a great benchrest shooter. On top of all that, he is one of the best guys to know if you want to know about rifles. I have nothing but good things to say about the work he has done for me and, in actuality, he saved me time and money on my .308 rebarrel. I was looking at what reamer to buy and, in typical Doc fashion, he asked me what load I wanted to shoot and what I wanted to do with the rifle. After I answered, he said simply, "I've got the reamer for you." He was right.

HD1200S

May 6, 2013
    Thanks To All

Thank you to everyone that replied. After researching I am going to turn it over to Ed "Doc" Harren to do the gunsmithing. There is a Project Appleseed event in his area this summer which will give me a reason to drive up there. It is about a 3 hour drive.

GOG-MD

Aug 23, 2017
    AA County
    How about a recommendation for someone that can work with older weapons? I have a couple WWII era handguns that need some attention. I'm in NW DC but would be willing to drive some. Atlantic Guns in Silver Spring is not an option.

I'm also looking for a recommendation for a gunsmith to inspect an older/C&R handgun, but hopefully something close to AA county. Would you guys still suggest Scotts or Doc Harren for that, or is there someone more appropriate? I'd like to keep the service cost under $100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom