• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    their vehicle was stopped and being attacked. They no longer had the ability to retreat.

So I'm going to exit the thing that is currently keeping me from bodily harm (4,500 lbs of mass) and get into striking distance? What do you think would happen had they stayed in the car? Think the 2 folks would tip the car over? Set it on fire (then I'd say it is safe to exit)? Kick a few dents? When you control distance, and in this case somewhat time, don't give up either. As for the disabled husband. He surely didn't appear to fragile to engage in the verbal conflict and then exit the vehicle and approach someone who allegedly had placed him and his wife in fear of serious bodily injury.

Comparing this overweight lady and the 15 year old to other videos of angry mobs we've seen elsewhere is, insincere to the facts of this case...at best.

I get it...you guys finally changed my mind.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    So I'm going to exit the thing that is currently keeping me from bodily harm (4,500 lbs of mass) and get into striking distance? What do you think would happen had they stayed in the car? Think the 2 folks would tip the car over? Set it on fire (then I'd say it is safe to exit)? Kick a few dents? When you control distance, and in this case somewhat time, don't give up either. As for the disabled husband. He surely didn't appear to fragile to engage in the verbal conflict and then exit the vehicle and approach someone who allegedly had placed him and his wife in fear of serious bodily injury.

Comparing this overweight lady and the 15 year old to other videos of angry mobs we've seen elsewhere is, insincere to the facts of this case...at best.

I get it...you guys finally changed my mind.

Yeah insincere. No reason to fear a person who has continued to harass you for accidentally bumping into them. She is pregnant. There is a lot that these two people could do to kill the unborn child. Hell now that the vehicle is stopped they could shoot them claiming they tried to run her over. That is the new antifa/blm threat. They have started shooting vehicles who they have stopped, swarmed and try to escape. This should never have gone beyond the accidentally bumping into her.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    I watched both vids at 1X for their full duration.

It sounded to me like Jillian was a tad too quick with the flat hand and words, "Back off", to the teenager after the initial bag bump. The teens these days have been sensitized with social justice brainwashing, e.g. microaggressions and what not. They were coming from a completely different place than Jillian was. That said, the mom and daughter(s) didn't let it go. They wanted it, and they got it (Toyota?). I don't know if the minivan in question was a Toyota, but they got Jillian's Hellcat instead. Sadly, I think we will see much more of this in the coming months.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA

It sounded to me like Jillian was a tad too quick with the flat hand and words, "Back off", to the teenager after the initial bag bump. The teens these days have been sensitized with social justice brainwashing, e.g. microaggressions and what not. They were coming from a completely different place than Jillian was. That said, the mom and daughter(s) didn't let it go. They wanted it, and they got it (Toyota?). I don't know if the minivan in question was a Toyota, but they got Jillian's Hellcat instead. Sadly, I think we will see much more of this in the coming months.
    Thank you for taking the time to watch before commenting.

I think there are lessons learned on both sides. We can learn from other people's stupidity.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008

There is no video of the initial bump. The video picks up after parties have left the establishment and in the middle of the confrontation.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    There is no video of the initial bump. The video picks up after parties have left the establishment and in the middle of the confrontation.

I was going by her own description. She went right from the bump, to looking back, and then "Back off".

28Shooter

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Obama left us this legacy and the PC SJWs just keep coddling "entitled" minorities to this type of action. That statement might sound racist but tell me it's not true and truth trumps racism.

Maestro Pistolero

Mar 20, 2012
    If someone were to say, have a firearm and his or her hand, but was not threatening anyone or acting aggressively , I would not necessarily be justified in using the firearm, but if I wait until it’s pointed at me to draw, then it’s a bit late, no?

Maestro Pistolero

Mar 20, 2012
    The rule is don't draw unless it would be justified to fire it. Would a reasonable person believe that he (or she) is at an imminent risk of severe bodily harm or death? Plus, of course, you can't be the aggressor or provoke the assault (or engage in a mutual verbal or actual combat). This test may require a personality transplant for some.
    If someone were to say, have a firearm and his or her hand, but was not threatening anyone or acting aggressively , I would not necessarily be justified in using the firearm, but if I wait until it’s pointed at me to draw, then it’s a bit late, no?

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    The mom and daughter escalated the situation IMO. Their frequent requests to "Do something " meant that they WANTED to escalate. That way they'd have the next viral video and might get some money...if neither died as a result.

The last 10 years have taught people that they can push and antagonize, and they won't be held accountable. The last 4 months have doubled down on that.

This country is so f*cked.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    The mom and daughter escalated the situation IMO. Their frequent requests to "Do something " meant that they WANTED to escalate. That way they'd have the next viral video and might get some money...if neither died as a result.

The last 10 years have taught people that they can push and antagonize, and they won't be held accountable. The last 4 months have doubled down on that.

This country is so f*cked.

We start undoing it by no longer tolerating the behavior that got it that way.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012

It is always a fact question for the trier of fact (judge or jury) whether each of the elements of self defense are met. All the circumstances will come into play. Can't just focus on one aspect

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    I am tone deaf but I hear fear in the pregnant woman's voice . A lot of self defense with a firearm ends without a shot fired. They go unreported because it is legal.

MindTheGAP

Jan 4, 2018
    Maryland
    What a nothingburger of a video / discussion. Both parties were stupid and had half a dozen better options on how to handle their end of it. End thread.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    What a nothingburger of a video / discussion. Both parties were stupid and had half a dozen better options on how to handle their end of it. End thread.

I'm curious what you think the pregnant woman should have done differently? Mom and daughter were dead set on getting the next viral video, and wouldn't leave them alone. Call cops? Still get called a racist Karen. Wait it out and take the abuse longer? Eventually it gets to the same ending. There is no winning against idiots like the mom and daughter.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    Criminal charges against both Wuestenbergs were dismissed without prejudice.

Civil trial set for evaluation on April 2, 2023.

fixed link

Last edited:

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Criminal charges against both Wuestenbergs were dismissed without prejudice.

Civil trial set for evaluation on April 2, 2023.

Link broken. The period in your sentence somehow got included in the URL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom