• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hillbilly grandpa

Jan 26, 2013
    Arnold
    I'm looking for experience-based perspectives on IWB holsters suitable for a Sig 365 XL. What is the good, the bad and the ugly about various offerings out there?

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I'm looking for experience-based perspectives on IWB holsters suitable for a Sig 365 XL. What is the good, the bad and the ugly about various offerings out there?

Rather than get into a pros/cons analysis of multiple styles, brands, and features, I'll just say that I spent a modest amount on a "Concealment Express" IWB for my P365 (they also offer one for the XL) and it has been just perfect for me. The belt clip anchors solidly. The retention (through tension) feels safe and sound, and I haven't had a single complaint after wearing it every day for months.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07X3ZMYWD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1&psc=1

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I have cocealment Express, Vedder, and a few other Kydex AIWB holsters with the same 1 clip design there are a ton of them. Best way to carry IMO, my P365 is comfortable, and well concealed, beats all the kydex, leather and hybrid hip carry holsters I've used in the past..

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Regardless of pistol....Nothing. Kydex is kydex is kydex.
    I chose Vedder for mine because it was the first internet search that came up for me that had an adjustable cant.
    Until kydex because big 10 years ago, I used a suede holster for 20.
    So. Just buy whatever kydex holster you think looks the coolest and go with that.
    13987bfd5845c4d431fb2dfa4a973e33.jpg
    6161d3ec5e167bf3d78bcc1283b51b6a.jpg
    47cb8ab815de7876183d89a2d7f3de4e.jpg

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I've used Alien Gear for the last 13 years and 3 carry guns. They work however as I plan on transition into a 365XL I went with the Veddar. The one clip group talked me into it. I haven't carried it long term but so far I think it is better, for a smaller pistol, than AG.

I like the AG style because it disperse the weight of the gun better. Doesn't give me a feeling that my pants are being tugged on in one spot. However the smaller guns, paired with a GOOD gun belt, and you shouldn't have these issues.

Just make sure you practice drawing with whatever you decide. I've had to adjust my carry on my AG several times. What felt most comfortable and concealed the best, didn't allow for the easiest draw. Getting the grip low is great until you can't get your hand on. That is when the cant comes in hand.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Regardless of pistol....Nothing. Kydex is kydex is kydex.
    I chose Vedder for mine because it was the first internet search that came up for me that had an adjustable cant.
    Until kydex because big 10 years ago, I used a suede holster for 20.
    So. Just buy whatever kydex holster you think looks the coolest and go with that.
    13987bfd5845c4d431fb2dfa4a973e33.jpg
    6161d3ec5e167bf3d78bcc1283b51b6a.jpg
    47cb8ab815de7876183d89a2d7f3de4e.jpg

I chose Vedder based on your suggestion in a previous thread for my Glock 19 and its awesome. :thumbsup:

Oswaldo87

Feb 1, 2020
    Frederick County
    It’s going to be like the members above mentioned, whatever you think suites you. I have a box of used holsters for various guns. It’s a money pit. One man’s choice might not be comfortable for you. I currently use a Milt Sparks for my G19, a Pitalo for a P229, and a new High Noon for an upcoming new duty gun.
    I’ll say what I tell new HD/PD pistol buyers, pick something that you are comfortable using. If it’s uncomfortable, you won’t want to wear that gun.
    Buy something of quality, hopefully it works out. Might have to buy a few before you find “the one”.

HonestFool03

Feb 24, 2009
    Crossbreed super tuck if you plan to carry around the 4-5 o'clock position. Have had 2 of em for about ten years and their great.

Tier one holsters are pricey, but amazing. Designed for appendix carry.

I've also got a raven concealment (owb, I know... Not what your looking for) that is stellar.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    As for a belt, screw all the "gun belts" out there. Unless it's a ratchet belt. When you get fat sitting down, you can easily touch the little lever and make a one handed adjustment. When you stand up, it's easy enough to push the belt back tighter. 1/4 inch adjustments, not 1/2 inch holes.
    The brand I have is Nexbelt, the EDC.

You'll never wear another belt, ever.
    85a76a3dc69f8d541370d084ecb7f119.jpg

shadow116

2nd Class Citizen
    Feb 28, 2008
    Emmitsburg
    +1 for a ratchet belt. I have a couple of Kore made belts and they are great.https://www.koreessentials.com/

As for an IWB holster, Concealment Solutions is my go to. https://www.concealmentsolutions.com/product-p/cs-1.htm

Also the horsehide upgrade is a must and it is only $5 more.

I carry at the 4-5 O'clock position. This is one of my CS holsters, that I can carry a full size Beretta 92 in all day and it is comfortable as hell. Right now, I am wearing my Sig 365 in the same model holster, but I am too lazy to take it off for a pic. Carrying my 365, I truly forget I am wearing it.

Attachments

• IMG_2142 (Edited) (2) - Copy.JPG
      IMG_2142 (Edited) (2) - Copy.JPG
      95.6 KB · Views: 480

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    No tucked shirt: Black Arches

Shirt tucked in: Little Foxx

I rarely carry IWB but when I have to it's in one of these. I think that the Black Arches is a better holster but you can't tuck in a shirt with it.

Jake4U

Now with 67% more FJB
    Sep 1, 2018
    Add a set of Talon rubber grips. It will make the Sig much more comfortable to wear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom