• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    Ordered belt from V-belt guys. Did the job myself in 20 minutes this morning. Piece of cake. Fired up mower, engaged blades...."SNAP!" Belt broke. F-me.

Just saw this.

I just ripped v-belt on Amazon a new proverbial rear orifice. It was wrong size.... And not OEM... It was "OEM Quality."

I now have an oem belt on mine, but due to variances it is hard to trust online vendors.

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    as blades wear they will become out of balance depending on if they have taken a few hits. Have you tried running the deck with the blades off to see if the vibration is still there?

Now Im on a mower belt rant of sorts... If you new a belt? I removed the deck cleaned and polished underside. NEW blades. Will sharpen and balance for next maintenance, per another mower thread.

online give same info?
    v-belt? Fail non oem belt wrong size. (OEM Quality)??? wtf
    myengimemaster.com found and delivered OEM belt.
    Jacks couldnt find it.

Be safe. :)

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    Just seeing this thread.

The people at Marlboro Mower have been really good to me and my Dad, over the years.

I've spent quite a few dollars at their shop, and in turn, I've gotten GREAT service and workmanship.

I've ordered parts from Jack's Small Engine Repair and had good dealings with them.

Sears Parts Direct has been a good source for parts, when model numbers are available.

Trumpet, the vibration you're seeing/feeling COULD BE from the bearing(s) going bad on the blade spindle, or grass that's attached itself to the blade, throwing off the balance.

I used to do all of my own work (up to and including rebuilding engines and transaxles), but, back/neck/knee problems have restricted my abilities (and mobility) to do some of these things, now.

antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD
    that is a shame because the 4045 Pre computer controls does a decent job.

I have a fleet of leafers that run them, and other then abuse they hold up.
    One of my mechanics was telling me his old job would run them as plant power units, and they wouldn't blow up, but they would change them out at like 15k hours just as preventative maintenance.

Indeed, the 56kw generator fleet I had back in 2007-2009 was almost bulletproof. The only problem we had with those was a string of water pump failures. If the WP made it past 1,000 hours, we knew it was a good one. If we saw ANYTHING at the weep hole before 600 hours, we knew it was a bad one and would fail. Those were good engines which is why it was such a shame they turned into garbage in 2012-2013 timeframe with T4i.

JoeyBimmer

Jul 22, 2020
    Eldersburg MD
    Indeed, the 56kw generator fleet I had back in 2007-2009 was almost bulletproof. The only problem we had with those was a string of water pump failures. If the WP made it past 1,000 hours, we knew it was a good one. If we saw ANYTHING at the weep hole before 600 hours, we knew it was a bad one and would fail. Those were good engines which is why it was such a shame they turned into garbage in 2012-2013 timeframe with T4i.

I think this is the truth with most Tier 4, EPA 07+ engines.

Pre EPA regulations, good stuff, post EPA, trash.

and the environmentalists wonder why the brakes were pumped on the EPA. Ruining mechanical things that make the world go round one regulation at a time. A balance of reliability, cost, and pollution has to be struck.

I will hop down from my soap box now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom