• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kaffakid

May 14, 2017
    DC
    Is there any way to find out whether a Taurus you want to purchase used (or have purchased) was repaired during the recall?

I can’t find an answer online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dweaver

Jun 8, 2013
    Washington Co. MD
    Good luck!
    Not to completely derail your thread but my experience was beyond awful with them. I had a firearm covered under the recall. Initially, they assured me they could repair the recalled issue, and if not, they would return my pistol as-is. That’s not what happened at all, they refused to return my firearm stating their technician determined it was unsafe and non-repairable.
    Long story short, I ended up with a non-comparable replacement, that I didn’t want, and I’m still fighting to get the transfer fees refunded which they specifically promised years ago. Absolutely nonexistent customer service paired with no intent to repair their broken system. If you even hope for so much as a return phone call, follow up, or letter you’ll be completely disappointed with the outcome.
    I will never purchase another Taurus.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AKbythebay

Ultimate Member
    Good luck!
    Not to completely derail your thread but my experience was beyond awful with them. I had a firearm covered under the recall. Initially, they assured me they could repair the recalled issue, and if not, they would return my pistol as-is. That’s not what happened at all, they refused to return my firearm stating their technician determined it was unsafe and non-repairable.
    Long story short, I ended up with a non-comparable replacement, that I didn’t want, and I’m still fighting to get the transfer fees refunded which they specifically promised years ago. Absolutely nonexistent customer service paired with no intent to repair their broken system. If you even hope for so much as a return phone call, follow up, or letter you’ll be completely disappointed with the outcome.
    I will never purchase another Taurus.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Absolutely the same experience here with a Rossi. I should have never sent them the damn thing. STILL haven't gotten a replacement gun (Taurus) and like you I fully expect to never be reimbursed for the transfer fees, HQL, fingerprinting, and background check. I will never NEVER EVER buy a Taurus/Rossi product again. :mad54:

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    Similar experience here. First case years ago I ordered a Ruger Hunter model revolver in .17 HMR with dual cylinders. Beautiful gun, but would lock up after 4-5 rounds due to close tolerances. Took it back to the dealer who sent it back and waited. Finally called Ruger and they told me they destroyed it. They sent me a check for about 85% of what I paid.

I Also bought a Taurus 24/7 OSS new. I had never fired it when the news came out about the possible AD. I took it to a local GS on this forum who said he would send it back to Taurus. 18 Months later I have no Idea what happened to it.

The thing that seems comical is in neither case did I ever receive any documentation that I no longer possess the gun.

As far as Ruger, I have always had good Service from them and continue to buy, Taurus on the other hand will never get my business. Besides their early 92's I haven't been impressed with their stuff anyway, especially the newer polymer stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom