• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    So The MGA has a Dem super majority, a veto proof majority.
    Year past, the Dems would submit all types of gun control bills,, the pro 2A folks would testify, debates were had, etc.
    In the end "over reaching" bills would not pass. More bills would come the next year,, pecking away a little each year.

That was in the past, this is now, things have changed.
    Bloomberg is literally paying politicians to pass HIS agenda.
    There is a "strength in numbers" with the dems,, they are encouraged on a state level by the national "wins"
    And lastly,,, The goal of total confiscation to pave the way for communism is "in sight" for them.

So, when it is shown that MD citizens will not be able to purchase the ammo they want/need via mail order,, will they back off?
    If they receive 10-1 testimony against HB175, will they back off??

My view is they feel they no longer have to "play the game"
    As much as I despised and hated the "old school" corrupt dems like Miller,, this new crop of young leftist have no history, traditions, etc to rein them in. They are fuel by the "hate America" PC crap,,,

I agree. Moreover, it's open season on our republic with no bag limits.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    And I will go a step farther, go read Del. Atterbeary's (sponser of HB175) twitter feed,, it gives a good insite into her mind and hatred of anything not radical leftist, pro BLM, etc.

She's my delegate. During my testimony in Judiciary last year, she liked a Moms Demand person's tweet calling me an "old, bald, white guy." This is the way she and her caucus rolls. The ends justify the means with that crowd.
    P.S. I'm not bald. Fat, yeah.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    The communists in MD are always trying to solve a non-problem.

Oh, they're definitely trying to solve a problem. The problem is YOU (and me, and the rest of our tribe). We are intolerable. They hate us for all sorts of reasons, but one thing a lot of us have in common along with our deplorable instincts towards individuality generally, is ownership of firearms and our sense that self defense is a valuable thing. THAT is the problem. People who think like that are grit in machinery of a collectivist society run by privileged elites. Not acceptable.

Making Maryland unbearable for gun owners in particular, and for lovers of liberty generally, IS them addressing what they see as a problem. Chasing you across the river into West Virginia so we're all concentrated in a place they don't care about anyway, that suits them just fine. They can get around to cutting off WV's oxygen a little later with President Harris's help.

GUNS AREN'T THE ISSUE with this stuff. They're just the low hanging fruit in the larger fight against independence, liberty, and individuality. If you like the idea of owning a gun and being able to defend yourself, you are thinking wrong in much bigger ways, too. That's what they can't stand.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Oh, they're definitely trying to solve a problem. The problem is YOU (and me, and the rest of our tribe). We are intolerable. They hate us for all sorts of reasons, but one thing a lot of us have in common along with our deplorable instincts towards individuality generally, is ownership of firearms and our sense that self defense is a valuable thing. THAT is the problem. People who think like that are grit in machinery of a collectivist society run by privileged elites. Not acceptable.

Making Maryland unbearable for gun owners in particular, and for lovers of liberty generally, IS them addressing what they see as a problem. Chasing you across the river into West Virginia so we're all concentrated in a place they don't care about anyway, that suits them just fine. They can get around to cutting off WV's oxygen a little later with President Harris's help.

GUNS AREN'T THE ISSUE with this stuff. They're just the low hanging fruit in the larger fight against independence, liberty, and individuality. If you like the idea of owning a gun and being able to defend yourself, you are thinking wrong in much bigger ways, too. That's what they can't stand.

And it’s not just guns and defending yourself

Md , and liberals in general, hate anyone that’s self sufficient. Farmers, watermen, loggers, any 1099 employee or buisness owners. Anyone who knows how to work and make money where the government can’t actually stick their fingers in and ”help”.

They, the government, want everyone dependent on them. If you have sense enough to work and make a living without the government having anything to do with it you are the enemy ,of being a government dependent

Mr.Culper

Jan 16, 2021
    Sorry, I would have had her head on a platter.
    She liked a "tweet" degrading you for your race,,, I would have made her suffer, and then suffer some more. We need to learn how to fight on their level.

She's my delegate. During my testimony in Judiciary last year, she liked a Moms Demand person's tweet calling me an "old, bald, white guy." This is the way she and her caucus rolls. The ends justify the means with that crowd.
    P.S. I'm not bald. Fat, yeah.

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    They hate farmers? The irony of hating people that grow your food...

Bloomberg made some dumbass comments about farming being just sticking your finger in the dirt and shoving a seed in.

My wife's family are farmers. She was pretty insulted.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    They hate farmers? The irony of hating people that grow your food...

Bloomberg made some dumbass comments about farming being just sticking your finger in the dirt and shoving a seed in.

My wife's family are farmers. She was pretty insulted.

Come on, man! Quit spreading that lie. Everyone knows food comes from the stores.

Shore88

Dec 20, 2020
    Eastern Shore
    Come on, man! Quit spreading that lie. Everyone knows food comes from the stores.
    Yeah, wasn’t that a quote from a PETA “expert”, to paraphrase, “if you’re going to eat meat buy it in the grocery stores so you don’t have to kill the innocent animals!”

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    If this passes do they have the votes to override a veto (if Hogan even will)?
    If they vote in lockstep, as per usual, yes. The MGA Democrats typically vote en bloc, with limited defections for political cover. Both chambers have veto-proof majorities.

Mr.Culper

Jan 16, 2021
    someone needs to go to walmart, bass pro, etc and take pictures of the completely empty shelves,
    Send the pics to the judiciary and ask them where we are supposed to get ammo, since this bill will stop mail order.

Reloader

Ultimate Member
    Oct 23, 2007
    Arnold, MD
    If they vote in lockstep, as per usual, yes. The MGA Democrats typically vote en bloc, with limited defections for political cover. Both chambers have veto-proof majorities.

I'm trying to think of recent instances such as this where the lefties overrode open collar Larry?

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    I'm trying to think of recent instances such as this where the lefties overrode open collar Larry?
    HB1343/2019 - Public Safety - Handgun Permit Review Board - Repeal
    http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/mgawebsite/Legislation/Details/hb1343/?ys=2019rs
    ChamberCalendar DateLegislative DateActionProceedings House 2/18/2019 2/18/2019 First Reading House Rules and Executive Nominations

Text - First - Public Safety - Handgun Permit Review Board - Repeal
    House 2/22/2019 2/25/2019 Rereferred to Judiciary
    House 2/26/2019 2/26/2019 Hearing 3/12 at 1:00 p.m.

Vote - House - Committee - Judiciary
    House 4/04/2019 4/04/2019 Favorable with Amendments Report by Judiciary
    House 4/04/2019 3/26/2019 Favorable with Amendments {282712/1 Adopted 61 House 4/04/2019 3/26/2019 Second Reading Passed with Amendments 61

Text - Third - Public Safety - Handgun Permit Review Board - Repeal
    House 4/04/2019 3/27/2019 Third Reading Passed (87-47) 62 Senate 4/05/2019 3/30/2019 Referred Rules 62 Senate 4/05/2019 4/05/2019 Rereferred to Judicial Proceedings

Vote - Senate - Committee - Judicial Proceedings
    Senate 4/08/2019 4/08/2019 Favorable Report by Judicial Proceedings
    Senate 4/08/2019 3/31/2019 Favorable Adopted 63 Senate 4/08/2019 3/31/2019 Second Reading Passed 63 Senate 4/08/2019 4/01/2019 Third Reading Passed (30-16) 64 House 4/08/2019 4/02/2019 Returned Passed 68 Post Passage 5/24/2019 5/24/2019 Vetoed by the Governor (Policy)

Governor's Veto Letter
    House 1/08/2020 1/08/2020 Motion Special Order vote on veto until 1/21 (Delegate Luedtke) Adopted
    House 1/21/2020 1/21/2020 Motion Special Order vote on veto until 1/30 (Delegate Luedtke) Adopted
    House 1/30/2020 1/30/2020 Veto overridden (89-49)
    Senate 1/30/2020 1/30/2020 Veto overridden (30-16)
    House1/30/20201/30/2020Became law per Maryland Constitution, Chapter 2 of 2020

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Starting to look like we're gonna need to build an underground network with a secret handshake in order to trade guns & ammo.

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    someone needs to go to walmart, bass pro, etc and take pictures of the completely empty shelves,
    Send the pics to the judiciary and ask them where we are supposed to get ammo, since this bill will stop mail order.

The end goal of the democratic party is a complete and total ban on firearm ownership. Period, end of discussion. ANYTHING to help that goal along they will do and do with impunity. In more recent times the cat has finally come out of the bag and the secret is not a secret anymore.

Phased in through generations of continual 'progress', little here and a little there. In the modern era MD has been going at it since 1966 (77R) and most recently well known in 2013 with FSA 2013/SB 281

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    And it’s not just guns and defending yourself

Md , and liberals in general, hate anyone that’s self sufficient. Farmers, watermen, loggers, any 1099 employee or buisness owners. Anyone who knows how to work and make money where the government can’t actually stick their fingers in and ”help”.

They, the government, want everyone dependent on them. If you have sense enough to work and make a living without the government having anything to do with it you are the enemy ,of being a government dependent

****Lotta wisdom in the above post. I grew up in not the best of circumstances - the son of two immigrants one of whom joined the military to earn his Green card, serve his country honorably, and use the GI bill to go to college, and the other a bilingual secretary working for an international organization. Money was always tight for my parents. I grew up in Langley Park, MD and thankfully realized early on I wanted to be a "maker" instead of a "taker" early on. I had many neighbors happily waiting on checks from the government for public assistance who wouldn't lift a finger to work until they were either starving or basically had no other option. SO many were government dependents.

There used to be a stigma to being on government assistance - that you weren't pulling your own weight. I get it that sometimes people have no choice due to illness or really bad luck. I now see, being a landlord, plenty of people who are able bodied basically doing the least amount necessary to keep the government assistance, and not one thing more. Drives me nuts.

Public assistance and relying on the govt would be a last ditch option for people of my mindset. It's sad to me seeing so many people homeless, drug addicted, multiple kids out of wedlock, and poor from mostly really really bad decisions in their lives. I wish the bad decision makers were a really small minority of people but now walking in downtown San Fran, or San Diego, New York City, Austin Texas, Baltimore, etc.. and seeing block after block of tent cities and mentally ill/drug addicted people is just depressing it just seems to be getting worse.

The economy was doing *great* for most people prior to Covid, and there were tons of jobs available to those willing to work. It seems an expanding number of people just don't care to participate and would rather just do drugs, and become basically parasites on society just living off whatever the government and charity gives them.

No answers, just upset seeing the direction this country is headed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom