• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Then this Georgia election does not matter.

FFS. It DOES matter. Chuck Schumer was able to block GOP bills (say, reciprocity), but he was also unable to set the legislative agenda, seat federal judges and justices, etc.

If the Dems narrowly take over the senate, then McConnell trades places with him as the guy that can - for now - block bills from happening. But Schumer will run the show on the federal judiciary, and will no doubt kill off the filibuster so he can use a simple majority for everything from stacking the SCOTUS to permanently boosting the D head count with statehood for places like PR or ushering in AWB 2.0.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    yeah because all the latest GOP judges have done so much for holding back the advance of the leftist agenda.

Civics 101: Newly appointed federal circuit court judges can't wake up in the morning and say, "I don't like the way this country is going, so I'm gonna issue me some rulings!"

The reason it's important that we just got a couple hundred new relatively conservative, originalist judges across all of the federal judiciary (and three SCOTUS justices who sure as hell aren't from the RBG/Sotomayor/Breyer camp) is that they'll be in those seats for many years, and it takes many years for many important cases to wander up the food chain to their courts.

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    Civics 101: Newly appointed federal circuit court judges can't wake up in the morning and say, "I don't like the way this country is going, so I'm gonna issue me some rulings!"

The reason it's important that we just got a couple hundred new relatively conservative, originalist judges across all of the federal judiciary (and three SCOTUS justices who sure as hell aren't from the RBG/Sotomayor/Breyer camp) is that they'll be in those seats for many years, and it takes many years for many important cases to wander up the food chain to their courts.

Yes but over the last four years they have had the chance to rule for a freedom/conservative point of view and most did not. And none of that includes (ring appointed) John Roberts.

The one case that comes to mind is the Toddler in Texas whose Father lost the court battle to keep him from beginning gender reassignment process at I believe 5 years old, in Texas. But there have been others. I never expected them to just change questions not before them, that is what the leftist judges do.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Even if Republicans had the house, the senate, the scotus and the presidency, republicans are to weak to sign something like this in to law. Their fear of being doxed by the media, riots in the streets and having their character assassinated is far greater than their desire to enforce laws. What Trump’s presidency has shown us is that when it comes to republicans, the emperor has no clothes.

Very well put, sir.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom