• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MossPumper

MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2020
    VA (Western)
    The M1A is built on the M14 which is supposed to be a "product improved" M1 Garand action. The actions have proven to be inherently reliable through just about any conditions. The AR-10 action is...due to its design...just as accurate and demonstrates less felt recoil. The M1A...due to its origins of steel and wood can be tuned to almost unbelievable standards of accuracy for a semi-automatic rifle. The AR-10 lends itself to excellent accuracy from the beginning but can be tweaked for more. Both have excellent iron sights...the AR-10 can more easily carry accessories than a bone stock M1A but that can be handled with many choices available for sight rails.

The AR-10 uses easily and inexpensively sourced P-Mags. The M1A uses M14 magazines which are far more expensive to find and buy.

Functionally there's little to choose between...but the AR-10 is easier to train with for anyone with AR-15 experience. The M1A is old school...nothing wrong with that. The AR-10 has the advantages of the AR-15 based platform with few disadvantages.

The AR-10 probably costs less to buy new than a M1A...which you can't even buy anymore in MD in 7.62. Basically...it's personal choice. I've owned both...and while I love the old school M1A I have to say AR-10 for the win.

Cheaper on the AR 10 Parts? I am confused. I just paid 312.00 for a BCG for my AR !0 build .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom